You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. MLB and Baseball Topic #2: Jeff Wilpon is an Embarrass-met

User Info: Nelson_Mandela

Nelson_Mandela
1 month ago#61
WiggumFan267 posted...
MVP - Trout (no one close)

The disrespect of DJLM is neverending with you
"A more mature answer than I expected."~ Jakyl25
"Sephy's point is right."~ Inviso

User Info: WiggumFan267

WiggumFan267
1 month ago#62
The overrating by Yankees fans of DJ LeMehieu is more neverending. He's not close to Trout. He is not even in the same ballpark (pun). He'll possibly win the batting title. That's nice. That's not MVP-worthy alone.

Didn't you say you weren't serious before that he wasn't an MVP candiate? Are you still saying that or...?
~Wigs~ 3-Time Consecutive Fantasy B8 Baseball Champion
2015 NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPION NEW YORK METS
(edited 1 month ago)

WiggumFan267
1 month ago#63
GeneralKenobi85 posted...
No mention of Scherzer for Cy? I think Ryu definitely has the lead, but Scherzer is Scherzer. He looks like he may have another outstanding year.

His bad first month-ish put me off a bit, but if I went one deeper I'd have him 3rd. If he keeps having months like his last one, he'll win.

Nelson_Mandela
1 month ago#64
WiggumFan267 posted...
The overrating by Yankees fans of DJ LeMehieu is more neverending. He's not close to Trout. He is not even in the same ballpark (pun). He'll possibly win the batting title. That's nice. That's not MVP-worthy alone.

Didn't you say you weren't serious before that he wasn't an MVP candiate? Are you still saying that or...?

Trout is MVP but to think that it's "not even close" is silly. DJ could bat .380 if he keeps up with his pace this past month.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: davidponte

davidponte
1 month ago#65
I have 4/6 pitchers you mentioned as Cy Young candidates on my fantasy team in what has surely been a historic year for me. I also have Scherzer!
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!

WiggumFan267
1 month ago#66
Trout leads him in every single category except batting average. His OPS is 200 points higher. He has DOUBLE the WAR. He has 28 homers to DJ's 12. 47 XBH to 35. he has more RBIs too if you care about that stat (I don't really but whatever floats your boats).

It's not close. DJ "could bat .380" just as well as Mike Trout could hit 58 homers and OPS 1.400, while still hitting over .300. It would take a significant fallout from Trout. I'd have Carlos Santana and Bregman ahead of LeMehieu also as of right now, but that's closer.

There are plenty of stats much more important than batting average.

So much for joking before lol
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Arti

Arti
1 month ago#67
LeMahieu is not close to Trout for MVP consideration and I say this as a Yankee fan
http://backloggery.com/articuno2001/sig.gif

Nelson_Mandela
1 month ago#68
Saving these posts for when DJLM becomes the first player to bat .400 in 80 years

WiggumFan267
1 month ago#69
Wow, absolutely incredible.

On the first game back in Anaheim since Skaggs passed, where his mom threw out the first pitch, and all the Angels were wearing #45 Skaggs jerseys, the Angels threw a (combined) no-hitter. Completely unbelievable.

They all laid down their Skaggs #45 jerseys on the mound after the game as a final good-bye. Heartbreaking.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_VNb7LXsAED_ER.jpg
(edited 1 month ago)

WiggumFan267
1 month ago#70
omg and it was his birthday the next day (technically right now on the east coast)
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. MLB and Baseball Topic #2: Jeff Wilpon is an Embarrass-met