You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. MLB and Baseball Topic #2: Jeff Wilpon is an Embarrass-met

User Info: WiggumFan267

WiggumFan267
1 month ago#31
holy s***, tragic news. Tyler Skaggs of the Angels has passed away. no details...

https://twitter.com/LAAngelsPR/status/1145798049215569920

Why do ballplayers keep dying, this is awful. gut-wrenching
~Wigs~ 3-Time Consecutive Fantasy B8 Baseball Champion
2015 NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPION NEW YORK METS

User Info: RaidenGarai

RaidenGarai
1 month ago#32
Just saw that. Glad they cancelled the game tonight.
Epic Seven IGN ZeroThe13th

User Info: Esuriat

Esuriat
1 month ago#33
God damn this is awful. RIP
Essy
RIP

Really upsetting.
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>

User Info: RaidenGarai

RaidenGarai
1 month ago#35
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27099081/angels-pitcher-tyler-skaggs-27-dies-texas

Some more info there
Epic Seven IGN ZeroThe13th

WiggumFan267
1 month ago#36
Mets beat the Yankees. The Yankees could not only not score off the Mets bullpen, but the Mets of all teams ended their Home Run streak.

That's what happens when you get to play primarily AL teams I guess. If the mets got to play mostly AL teams, good chance they'd be .500 even with the junk bullpen :|

JD Davis is a mensch. Jeff McNeil is invoking Tony Gwynn. Conforto is my pride and joy.

If only they had a real bullpen lol
Well the good news for the Mets is that the bullpen has nowhere to go but up now. Can't get much worse than last month.

I figured this was gonna be another split. I wouldn't be surprised if the Mets win tomorrow as well.
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>

WiggumFan267
1 month ago#38
GeneralKenobi85 posted...
I wouldn't be surprised if the Mets win tomorrow as well.

I would be. Vargas is fine but after the bp not giving up runs today, they'll be primed for it tomorrow

User Info: Mewtwo59

Mewtwo59
1 month ago#39
WiggumFan267 posted...
The Atlanta Braves are still paying Bruce Sutter $1.12 million a year in a deferred payment through 2021 and he will also receive a final balloon payment of $9.1 million.

His deferred payments started in 1985

Stop trying to be like the rest of the brainless lazy reporting trying to generate clicks and make this all about the Mets when everyone under the sun has done this, before, after, and since - and more often than not, they are good deals, this one included. There's an endless amount of things to call the Mets out on that they have f***ed up. This is not one, and it's so stupid this gets the attention that it does.

Here is a list of just some of the tons of deferred deals that exist:
https://twitter.com/mikemayerMMO/status/1145720518768844802

Just give it a few years and nobody will mention Bonilla because the Chris Davis deal was so bad.
""Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." HK-47

User Info: neonreaper

neonreaper
1 month ago#40
WiggumFan267 posted...
Mets beat the Yankees.

god bless the mets
Donny: Are they gonna hurt us, Walter?
Walter: No, Donny. These men are cowards.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. MLB and Baseball Topic #2: Jeff Wilpon is an Embarrass-met