• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. MLB and Baseball Topic #2: Jeff Wilpon is an Embarrass-met

User Info: WiggumFan267

WiggumFan267
1 month ago#281
Edwin Diaz is going to go down as one of the worst trades in Mets history
~Wigs~ 3-Time Consecutive Fantasy B8 Baseball Champion
2015 NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPION NEW YORK METS

WiggumFan267
1 month ago#282
"one of" because I mean like, Seaver.... Ryan.... etc.

But I mean, geez. Utter garbage. Mets were tryign to take that 1 run deficit to the 9th and then... 3 run.

Please be typical doolittle vs Mets

User Info: Meow1000

Meow1000
1 month ago#283
WiggumFan267 posted...
Edwin Diaz is going to go down as one of the worst trades in Mets history

Yes, yes he is. He has no business being in the majors.

Well they usually lose 10-0 when I'm at the game so it's been an improvement!
Never underestimate the power of stupidity in numbers. ~War13104
Never stoop to the level of idiots. They will drag you down and beat you with experience.

Meow1000
1 month ago#284
But yeah we lost 20% of the people in the ballpark on that home run
Never stoop to the level of idiots. They will drag you down and beat you with experience.

Meow1000
1 month ago#285
WiggumFan267 posted...
"one of" because I mean like, Seaver.... Ryan.... etc.

But I mean, geez. Utter garbage. Mets were tryign to take that 1 run deficit to the 9th and then... 3 run.

Please be typical doolittle vs Mets

The Mets have yet to hold a lead at any point in the game in any game I have attended since the John Franco blown save/loss when I was 7 attending my first game.

I'm 33 now.

WiggumFan267
1 month ago#286
clearly you need to stop going and I need to go more (After the last 2 days I'm just 5-4 this year though)

Meow1000
1 month ago#287
Can Edwin Diaz stop going to Mets games

User Info: RaidenGarai

RaidenGarai
1 month ago#288
guffguy89 posted...
Good to see the brewers finally stringing together some consecutive wins.

It certainly was! And then Minor pitches a gem after Lyles gave up 1 run over 7 innings. They have such a hard time with their starters, and when they get a game like the the other guy on the mound is even better.
Epic Seven IGN ZeroThe13th

WiggumFan267
1 month ago#289
Man, the Mets probably have 4 guys who will get MVP votes this year (Alonso/McNeil/deGrom/Conforto) and they probably won't make the playoffs. That's pretty depressing. I mean yeah they're playing well now, but those 4 guys have been playing fantastic all year (or almost all year). And yet they're only a couple over .500 in mid-August. This team really should be much better, they just weren't given the supporting cast and depth to do so.

Their window to win is probably 2021.

-After 2019, just Wheeler comes off the books of important players. No real $ comes off. But as I've talked about before here, the payroll goes way up in 2020, so competing then will be hard w/o opening the checkbook (lol Wilpons). deGrom's payroll goes up from 9M this year to 25M next year, for one among others.

-After 2020, just Stroman (and Cespedes/Lowrie, and Wright's final payment which are good things to get rid of those big contracts). So there should be a lot of room to add for 2021.

-After 2021, Syndergaard, Matz, and Conforto all are FAs. So that is why they really need to act fast and now to win before 2021 ends. That is the end of all the Mets pitching, except deGrom.

So like, please do things. They were supposed to add properly in this offseason, and instead the moves they made in the 2019 offseason only made it harder for them to compete the next 2 years.The same team will mostly be here next year. Improve it where it's weak and there is a top 3 team, the same thing that should've been done this past offseason, they can still do it, but it will just now result in a higher payroll (again, lol wilpons)
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: greengravy294

greengravy294
1 month ago#290
I think you mean the window closes by 2021
https://imgur.com/a/LEqiW
https://imgur.com/iXHxhET
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. MLB and Baseball Topic #2: Jeff Wilpon is an Embarrass-met