You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Anyone playing Dota Underlords? (official auto chess game)

User Info: skullbone

skullbone
4 weeks ago#1
I haven't had a chance to play yet myself but I'm excited to download the open beta later! Hearthstone kinda fizzled out for me so this looks like a fun little game you can pick up and play for an hour or so every now and then.

Has anyone had any experience with the Dota 2 auto chess mod or the new LoL auto chess game Team Fight Tactics?
skull

User Info: KokoroAkechi

KokoroAkechi
3 weeks ago#2
I played a little underlords earlier.

I play on mobile and had played the other autochess mobile game (the one by dragonest), and underlords is kind of hard to play imo (at least on a phone).

Menus are a bit too clunky. It's hard to tell what things are a lot of the time. Swapping pieces around is not as quick, etc. Stuff is also a lot harder to read. I know it's in beta so some of this stuff might be cleaned up soon. But I think the biggest problem is that right now the game has like zero personality to it.
Kokoro's Anime Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaIA0gY11FQ_Zh6kLSam5OA
Updated: July 27th, 2016.

User Info: _stingers_

_stingers_
3 weeks ago#3
I played tft on pbe for a bit. It's pretty fun but they really need a mobile version
Congrats Black Turtle!

User Info: Waluigi1

Waluigi1
3 weeks ago#4
Dafuq is auto chess?
PSN, and GT: Waluigi1
Switch FC: SW-6848-3841-9099

User Info: Xiahou Shake

Xiahou Shake
3 weeks ago#5
Waluigi1 posted...
Dafuq is auto chess?

The next hot trend, ala battle royale
Let the voice of love take you higher,
With this gathering power, go beyond even time!

User Info: CoolCly

CoolCly
3 weeks ago#6
I love Auto Chess and I love Underlords. I spend large amounts of time each day writing feedback to the Underlords devs and then by the next day they have put my suggestions into the game

I'll probably try Teamfight Tactics when it's off the PBE. I wont have too much familiarity with the units like I do with Auto Chess and Underlords since they are based on Dota (WHICH I LOVE), but I dont' think that'll be a big deal. Everyone else had that issue learning the Auto Chess/Underlords units.

I think it's interesting people seem to be really taking to these games on mobile - these are 45 minute matches, I can't imagine wanting to play a game on my phone for that long? Either I'm out of the house and a phone game is meant to pass the time while I'm waiting around somewhere which probably won't last that long, or I'm in my house.... and I'd rather just be on my PC. But maybe other people have a different perspective on what mobile gaming is to them.
The batman villians all seem to be one big joke that batman refuses to laugh at - SantaRPG

User Info: ChaosTonyV4

ChaosTonyV4
3 weeks ago#7
I think I like Auto Chess more than Underlords.

Underlords is snappier and looks better, but I seem to get 2 and 3 star units way less often.
Phantom Dust.
"I'll just wait for time to prove me right again." - Vlado

User Info: Waluigi1

Waluigi1
3 weeks ago#8
CoolCly posted...
these are 45 minute matches

Ew...
PSN, and GT: Waluigi1
Switch FC: SW-6848-3841-9099

User Info: WazzupGenius00

WazzupGenius00
3 weeks ago#9
Auto Chess is the first game that I have ever watched a decent amount of footage of and been completely unable to understand why anyone would find it fun to play. Like literally any other game, even if I dislike it, I can find a reason why people would like it or want to play it. This genre looks completely uninteresting and not fun and I just can't comprehend what the attraction point is for all the people who love it.
http://i.imgur.com/k0v0z3q.gif

User Info: skullbone

skullbone
3 weeks ago#10
WazzupGenius00 posted...
Auto Chess is the first game that I have ever watched a decent amount of footage of and been completely unable to understand why anyone would find it fun to play. Like literally any other game, even if I dislike it, I can find a reason why people would like it or want to play it. This genre looks completely uninteresting and not fun and I just can't comprehend what the attraction point is for all the people who love it.

I mean it's basically a draft format of a card game I don't know why that seems impossible for someone to enjoy. You have to improvise and change your strategy based on the cards you're getting, not to mention the strategy around positioning and items you receive. It's basically trying to maneuver and strategize around 50 different RNG daggers getting thrown at your face. Some people don't like RNG but it definitely keeps things fresh. It's almost like a roguelike version of a trading card game honestly, even moreso than regular draft formats.
skull
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Anyone playing Dota Underlords? (official auto chess game)