You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. POLL: Should transgenders be allowed to participate in women's sports?

User Info: Sheep007

Sheep007
4 weeks ago#11
Jakyl25 posted...
Sheep007 posted...
DeepsPraw posted...
Sheep007 posted...
Ideally there would be a separate section for transgender sportspeople, similar to the Paralympics but perhaps incorporated into the main events.

This is only ideal for the whiny TERFs. Trans people certainly don't want that

Maybe, but that's the only way I can see there being a fair way to compete in sports for the trans population, although I'm not overly educated on the matter.

If it’s so unfair, why don’t trans athletes dominate?

Because there's a relatively low number of trans people, who would have to be interested in sports in the first place (they aren't going to go into sports just because they're trans), and they have trouble getting into competitions in the first place.

DeepsPraw posted...
The most "fair" way is to just do away with women's sport altogether and make everything unisex

Not much fun for women if only the exceptional ones even have a chance to compete (like Serena Williams). If discrimination in sports is bad now, women wouldn't even get a look in if that happened, except in things where they have an advantage, like some gymnastics.
Perhaps the golden rock was inside us all along.

User Info: Jakyl25

Jakyl25
4 weeks ago#12
Sheep007 posted...
Jakyl25 posted...
Sheep007 posted...
DeepsPraw posted...
Sheep007 posted...
Ideally there would be a separate section for transgender sportspeople, similar to the Paralympics but perhaps incorporated into the main events.

This is only ideal for the whiny TERFs. Trans people certainly don't want that

Maybe, but that's the only way I can see there being a fair way to compete in sports for the trans population, although I'm not overly educated on the matter.

If it’s so unfair, why don’t trans athletes dominate?

Because there's a relatively low number of trans people, who would have to be interested in sports in the first place (they aren't going to go into sports just because they're trans), and they have trouble getting into competitions in the first place.

So you’re saying it’s not really even a problem
Thank you, Eddie Guerrero.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRlKR5nU8AA_v_C?format=jpg&name=large

User Info: Lopen

Lopen
4 weeks ago#13
Only one team deflated footballs. That wasn't really a problem either. Poor Patriots, man.
No problem!
This is a cute and pop genocide of love!

User Info: Yao

Yao
4 weeks ago#14
If we are going to allow it, then it has to go both ways to be completely fair.

We have been seeing many MtF trans athletes come in and dominate womans sports and even breaking world records.

So if we want it to be fair we need to let FtM athletes come in and dominate Male sports. I'd cheer for a FtM NBA team that comes in next year and dominates Lebron & AD in the playoffs.

Jakyl25
4 weeks ago#15
Yao posted...
Lebron & AD in the playoffs.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves

Jakyl25
4 weeks ago#16
Lopen posted...
Only one team deflated footballs. That wasn't really a problem either. Poor Patriots, man.

If they deflated the balls and then lost a lot more than they won, would it be a problem?

User Info: Espeon

Espeon
4 weeks ago#17
To answer this poll, I don’t believe FtM athletes should compete against females in sports, no. They should compete against other males.
Inviso's Most Adorabl-est Eeveelution Ever
http://i.imgur.com/SSw6M9E.gif

Jakyl25
4 weeks ago#18
Espeon posted...
To answer this poll, I don’t believe FtM athletes should compete against females in sports, no. They should compete against other males.

^5

User Info: Yao

Yao
4 weeks ago#19
Jakyl25 posted...
Yao posted...
Lebron & AD in the playoffs.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves

Their +/- win projection for the season in Vegas is like 54.5 making the playoffs wont be hard

User Info: azuarc

azuarc
4 weeks ago#20
FtM should not participate with women. That doesn't make sense.

MtF should be allowed to be in women's sports only if their hormone levels have been suppressed for a sufficiently long period of time. Some studies have suggested 6 months is enough, but I'd feel better saying a year to provide extra chance for any additional testosterone-fueled muscle mass to atrophy. Really, just treat them like someone on steroids, since it's basically the same thing.

Either group is welcome to participate in men's sports. They have no advantage there.
Video Game Music Contest 12 winner: Ys 8 - Sunshine Coastline
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. POLL: Should transgenders be allowed to participate in women's sports?