You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Board 8 National Football League League (B8NFLL) Season 12: The Offseason
"There are three lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics"

Sports numbers are fun. They are the primary source of debate, which is one of the largest appeals of sports. They paint a picture of the game when you are otherwise unable to watch it (like in this project). But they aren't the be all end all.

I hope I'm not coming across as ungrateful. I appreciate your efforts and hope you will continue posting stats.

If anything, it has become clear to me that I understand not my duty as a voter, nor the goal of this voting body. My nonsensical ramblings have only served to muddy that which I have hoped to make clear. As such, I withdraw my previous votes, as well as myself from this selection process. If you need me, I shall be in the corner sulking.
http://imageshack.us/a/img339/6921/rinoa1d.jpg
"Rinoa...Even if you end up as the world's enemy. I'll...I'll be your knight."

User Info: Emeraldegg

Emeraldegg
4 weeks ago#82
Let's not let this become a huge divider, peeps. This is just another fun little nook for us to explore within the project but it's not something worth people getting upset about. Everyone should take out of it as much or little as they want, and remember that not getting in the HoF doesn't mean that player's career for their team was worth less because of it.

Also division is expected on these first few ballots because we're essentially setting the bar ourselves for what's to come, and that's tough. We have no prior HoF benchmarks to compare to.
I'm a greener egg than the eggs from dr. seuss
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
4 weeks ago#83
I thinking that you are reading too much into things. Neither Socko or I are upset lol.
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
http://i.imgur.com/VfpY7tg.jpg

User Info: Eddv

Eddv
4 weeks ago#84
Let's not do this like Tatum Bell was Edgerrin James going into the 2005 season.

I think he's fine to let in.
Board 8's Voice of Reason
http://i.imgur.com/chXIw06.jpg

User Info: TheKnightOfNee

TheKnightOfNee
4 weeks ago#85
Campbell - Yes
Tauscher - Yes
Bell - Yes
Reyes - Yes

Had to think a bit more about the last two, but I think overall, I'm fine with all four being there. It's not like letting in 4 players a year is a ton, anyway.
ONLY FIVE CAN LADDER.
Sushi, kamikaze, fujiyama, nippon-ichi...
Updating my expected holes sheet and before I reset it, I kinda want to see how my notes panned out versus what I actually ended up doing. Notes were done before ratings/retirements so a little earlier than I'm doing them this year.

HBx 2 - HB2 will likely get reps and should potentially be looking for a future JT replacement. HB3 can just be roster filler. Address high in draft or FA.

What happened - Drafted Carlos Hyde in the 3rd (77 > 78) because the board was bad for HBs. Drafted HB3 in 4th and later traded him (with other stuff) for Jahvid Best (84). Jamario did get injured as I feared but then so did Hyde immediately after. Ended up grabbing Kestahn Moore (85 > 86) in FA and playing him until Best took over in the playoffs due to injury.

-----

WR x1 - High need and need to try get a replacement WR1 down the line. Trade or high pick

What happened - Traded for Kenny O'Neal (85) to play WR2. Grabbed Jeff Janis (75 > 76) in the 4th. Played 7th round sophomore Kevin Owen at WR3 after he jumped 68 > 73 last season since he's also the returner but he stayed static rating wise.

-----

CBx1 - Will be CB3. Use mid-high pick.

What happened - Drafted Breeland (77 > 78) with a 2nd round pick. Played CB3 all season.

-----

OT + C or G - Backup player at OT as Pearson likely has 2-3 seasons left. Either midround stopgap or a future starter depending on Castonzo development. Levitre can replace retiring Meester but still need a starting caliber G

What happened - Drafted Schraeder (79) with a 2nd because of how flooded the board was with falling OTs. Grabbed G Fletcher (89 > 90) in RFA. Acquired C Sitton (83) in a trade. Levitre (87 > 90) did start C and was excellent. Castonzo developed into starter quality and has been shifted to guard permanently (where probably 80% of his career snaps have happened)

-----

DE + TE + DT - All have same notes of backup, not expected to play

What happaned - Brock unexpectedly played another year so no DE was needed. Klugg (79) was acquired at DT via a like for like trade for an OLB. Johnson (68 > 71) was drafted at TE in the 7th.

-----

OLB - Likely trade away Galette. Could try draft a starter but that would usurp Tulloch who is productive despite rating.

What happened - Drafted Haley (74 > 76) in the 3rd who was a backup before starting at end of the season and in the playoffs due to injury. Tulloch as expected was highly productive and has now gone 76 > 84 in 2 seasons of backup and 2 seasons of starting despite being 32.

So for the most part I think I stuck to the plan.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
4 weeks ago#87
Hall of Fame results

In the case of WR Kelly Campbell...
10 Yes
0 No

HALL OF FAMER!

In the case of OT Mark Tauscher...
8 Yes
1 No
HALL OF FAMER!

In the case of HB Tatum Bell...
8 Yes
2 No
HALL OF FAMER!

In the case of G Tutan Reyes
5 Yes
0 No

HALL OF FAMER!

I will make sure to add them to the Hall of Champions/Fame wiki page later on, though I am not entirely sure how I am going to format it.

Also, the free agent sheet is updated (decided to do the shorter one lol), so I just have to do remaining roster and all team financial.
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
http://i.imgur.com/VfpY7tg.jpg

User Info: ScareChan

ScareChan
4 weeks ago#88
its the year of the niners

2 hall of famers

and a super bowl on the way
Lets Smash- Switch friend code SW-5264-0547-1806
PSN TehScurr
Lol Connor Hughes

Jason Robbins for HoF