You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Board 8 National Football League League (B8NFLL) Season 12: The Offseason

User Info: ScareChan

ScareChan
4 weeks ago#31
Man i lost a lot in retirement

Also I thought I still had my 2nd?
Lets Smash- Switch friend code SW-5264-0547-1806
PSN TehScurr

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
4 weeks ago#32
You gave it up in a draft-day trade with the Bills.
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
http://i.imgur.com/VfpY7tg.jpg

ScareChan
4 weeks ago#33
Yeah I gave up like almost every pick, but i thought the 2nd round I kept
PSN TehScurr

ScareChan
4 weeks ago#34
I guess it's my 4th I had still

Am I getting retro protection on the first round or nah

I'm cool either way, just bringing it up since it was mentioned after
PSN TehScurr

KCF0107
4 weeks ago#35
Because you picked 10th instead of something closer to 5th, I would rather keep it. If you REALLY want it though, we can talk. I was actually going to approach you about acquiring one of my late 1sts that didn't involve you giving me a future 1st in return.
MysteriousStan posted...
Anyone want to make a case for Bell? I'm undecided on him?

Holds the rushing record that is unlikely to be surpassed and 1623 yards a season is monstrous as an average. Most years 1623 is Top 3 to 5 rushing and this dude averaged that. And I have to assume being a running back he got injured at some point so to average that with injuries in ridiculous

KCF0107
4 weeks ago#37
1623 total yards a season as the primary starter. He obviously wasn't the biggest receiving threat out of the backfield, but it wasn't 1623 rushing yards. I can provide more detailed stat breakdowns by season, but it's my mom's birthday, so it will probably be later in the evening.

ScareChan
4 weeks ago#38
KCF0107 posted...
Because you picked 10th instead of something closer to 5th, I would rather keep it. If you REALLY want it though, we can talk. I was actually going to approach you about acquiring one of my late 1sts that didn't involve you giving me a future 1st in return.

Yeah that's fine. It's not a super high pick so that's fair

And I'm always open to hear about trades
PSN TehScurr
Those stats are impressive, but the only way to compare those guys to their contemporaries is going off of their accolades. You could make a case that 2 POY at their positions and that many Pro-Bowls means they are the best of the best (my criteria for HOF) but there are 8 Pro-Bowl OTs and 12 WRs each season. Who's to say they aren't just very good.

Does the game allow you compare career stats by position (going to guess "no", otherwise you'd have given those rankings, but I'm gonna ask anyway)? If so, is it too late to compare considering those guys are retired and removed from the player pool?

Regarding Bell, I'm going to say no exception. He gets a plaque or whatever for holding the record, maybe his shoes are bronzed and placed in Virtual Canton, but breaking a single-season record does not ensure entry to the Hall, so it shouldn't exempt him from the rules.
http://imageshack.us/a/img339/6921/rinoa1d.jpg
"Rinoa...Even if you end up as the world's enemy. I'll...I'll be your knight."

User Info: Emeraldegg

Emeraldegg
4 weeks ago#40
I know this is a case of apples to oranges, but just for some context, if that yardage were up for election in real life, he'd be placed 15th in the all time rushing list in the real NFL, and only 1 player in the top 15 who is not still playing has not made the HoF yet. Regardless of what guidelines KCF has laid out for nomination just based on being able to keep track of stats, and regardless of whether or not he meets those guidelines, those feel like HoF numbers to me, just as far as the total body of work, not even influenced by his monster season.
I'm a greener egg than the eggs from dr. seuss
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Board 8 National Football League League (B8NFLL) Season 12: The Offseason