You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. cadence of hyrule is out tomorrow

User Info: Mega Mana

Mega Mana
1 month ago#31
CelesMyUserName posted...
you know you like a game when first day you're up til 6am beating it 3 times

Snrkiko posted...
i haven't stayed up till 6am beating it since high school

Haha! Dangly parts
"In my headcanon, some staffer saw Trump pull out his phone and start typing so they just Terry Tate Office Linebacker'd him out of his shoes." - FFD

User Info: Snrkiko

Snrkiko
1 month ago#32
finally some acknowledgement
...Snrk.
And theeen, we do stuff like, 'Persona!' with our Personas and beat the crap outta Shadows...

User Info: skullbone

skullbone
1 month ago#33
8 hours to 100% the game is a little worrying honestly. Is there more replayability beyond that?

I mean I'm familiar with roguelikes (200 hours into Binding of Isaac) but 8 hours seems really short for this genre of game.
skull
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: foolm0r0n

foolm0r0n
1 month ago#34
I thought it still had the replayability aspect that gave a reason to replay the whole game over and over? Are there any challenges like no death, no weapons, etc? Leaderboards based on score? I heard there were dailies at least.

Necrodancer's replayability essentially relied on 2 things: score, and time. You could beat something, but beating it with a high score, or low time, was a totally different challenge, and required deep mastery.
_foolmo_
2 + 2 = 4
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: skullbone

skullbone
1 month ago#35
foolm0r0n posted...
I thought it still had the replayability aspect that gave a reason to replay the whole game over and over? Are there any challenges like no death, no weapons, etc? Leaderboards based on score? I heard there were dailies at least.

Necrodancer's replayability essentially relied on 2 things: score, and time. You could beat something, but beating it with a high score, or low time, was a totally different challenge, and required deep mastery.

True but I also found a lot of joy in just unlocking items too. I mean I put around 40 hours or so into Necrodancer and didn't come close to unlocking all of the stuff. If everything is unlocked in 8 hours with this game that seems like a big departure.
skull

User Info: NFUN

NFUN
1 month ago#36
you can unlock every item in necrodancer in like two hours if you've experience

the only reason people don't is that you need to play specific zones and nobody does that if they're familiar, besides like aria
Video Game Music Contest 13 winner: Terraria Calamity - 1NF3S+@+!0N
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Mac Arrowny

Mac Arrowny
1 month ago#37
Where's the 8 hours thing coming from? I've played a few hours already, and I'm definitely not going to finish this thing in 8 hours.
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you.
(edited 1 month ago)
my 100% is at 10 hours but I pretty much had everyone 2 hours previous I just had to then double back like every chest and stairs on the map looking for a couple missing things

friendly Deku Seeds tip there's a hell of a bunch 'o Deku Seeds in the Last Woods maze section, keep your eye out each screen for butterfly bushes and cracked walls - there's multiple and one should have a bunch of Deku

at least I'm pretty sure that stays consistent
https://imgtc.com/i/1LkkaGU.jpg
somethin somethin hung somethin horse somethin
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: foolm0r0n

foolm0r0n
1 month ago#39
skullbone posted...
True but I also found a lot of joy in just unlocking items too.

I forgot about that, that was definitely a bit part of the early game. But I def got all the items by like 15 hours, it shouldn't be 40 hours... I guess the DLC does add quite a bit but still.

But the key is that you unlock the items to randomly show up, you don't just get them, which it sounds like is how CoH works?
_foolmo_
2 + 2 = 4
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: turbopuns3

turbopuns3
1 month ago#40
I must play this
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. cadence of hyrule is out tomorrow