You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Most Quotable Media Ever - Bracket, Predictions & Discussion
Silent Hill and Resident Evil in the first round why :( ?????

In my restless dreams, I see that match....
Listen, suffering is a fact of life. Either you learn how to deal with that or you go under.
https://i.imgtc.ws/2Q88rI4.gif

User Info: Johnbobb

Johnbobb
1 month ago#12
Yu-Gi-Oh vs Pulp Fiction in R1?

Duro, MONSTA CARDO!
Duro, MONSTA CARDO!
Duro, MONSTA CARDO!

Say Duro again, I dare you, I double dare you motherf***er!

english motherf***er, do you speak it?
Khal Kirby, warlord of the Super Star Khalasar
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ https://goo.gl/Diw2hs
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Johnbobb

Johnbobb
1 month ago#13
favorites bracket

Yu-Gi-Oh! > Sonic
Spongebob > The Room
Yu-Gi-Oh! > Spongebob

Those first two divisions are brutal though. Game of Thrones, Always Sunny, Forrest Gump, Yu-Gi-Oh, The Office and Pulp Fiction?
Khal Kirby, warlord of the Super Star Khalasar
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ https://goo.gl/Diw2hs

User Info: ZenOfThunder

ZenOfThunder
1 month ago#14
I intentionally moved some things around (as much as I could without going against nomination totals/wikiquote count too much) so that we got some good matches in at the beginning to draw people in

i am a showman at heart
drooling while eating
Advokaiser is my rock

User Info: hombad46

hombad46
4 weeks ago#15
ZenOfThunder posted...

Just a Pancake was exclusively nominated three times by @hombad46 during the vote-ins so it's safe to say that is the biggest underdog

Best part is I'm not even the one who gave it the original nomination
"That's Engarde hairflip metal detector tier btw"
-XIII_rocks

User Info: LazyKenny

LazyKenny
4 weeks ago#16
Looking forward to the Star Fox 64 vs. The Simpsons final
Someday, I too will become Florida Man.

ZenOfThunder
4 weeks ago#17
LazyKenny posted...
Looking forward to the Star Fox 64 vs. The Simpsons final

yeah i did my prediction and that's how it came out, they are definitely looking to be the Link and Cloud of the contest

we'll see how it goes though
drooling while eating
Advokaiser is my rock

User Info: azuarc

azuarc
4 weeks ago#18
I can't speak for anyone else, but I will probably not be voting often for The Simpsons. (Or any other long-running TV series.) Sure, they may have quite a few renowned quotes, more than any of the other entries in the bracket, even, but in terms of percentage of run-time, most of the really quotable movies on here are much stronger. But hey, like, that's just my opinion, man.

Also, Spaceballs didn't make it? I could swear I wasn't the first person to support it in the vote-in. Surely it didn't languish on 2 while someone single-handedly voted in some random YouTube channel I've never heard of.
Video Game Music Contest 12 winner: Ys 8 - Sunshine Coastline

ZenOfThunder
4 weeks ago#19
It had 2 votes for the longest time, I don't know how it got overlooked. I think if I were posting tallies more regularly then someone would have noticed. Unfortunately I was throwing an E3 party at the time and tbqh I didn't think anyone was going to participate in the vote-in because E3 was going on. I was really rooting for Spaceballs, it's one of my favorite movies.

Just a Pancake would have gotten in over it regardless, it was like the third one to qualify because Hombad was so on top of it.
drooling while eating
Advokaiser is my rock

User Info: hombad46

hombad46
4 weeks ago#20
azuarc posted...
Also, Spaceballs didn't make it? I could swear I wasn't the first person to support it in the vote-in. Surely it didn't languish on 2 while someone single-handedly voted in some random YouTube channel I've never heard of.

Looking at the topic, you were the fourth person to vote for Spaceballs after Ultimaphazon, Turnsniper, and MetalmindStats. Guess the vote-ins were already over by the time Metalmind voted.
"That's Engarde hairflip metal detector tier btw"
-XIII_rocks
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Most Quotable Media Ever - Bracket, Predictions & Discussion