You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. NHL Discussion Topic - Part 6 - Screw the Bruins

User Info: Shadow Dino

Shadow Dino
4 weeks ago#111
I saw Blackhawks at 40/1 and that feels mighty tasty.
Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love! ~Homer J. Simpson

Shadow Dino
4 weeks ago#112
And now, for your viewing pleasure, Sad Brad Marchand

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/1139014055665045504
Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love! ~Homer J. Simpson

User Info: davidponte

davidponte
4 weeks ago#113
Shadow Dino posted...
And now, for your viewing pleasure, Sad Brad Marchand

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/1139014055665045504

This pleases me
I was the final Undisputed Champion in UCA history,
however Advokaiser was the Guru Champion!

User Info: MartinFF7

MartinFF7
4 weeks ago#114
davidponte posted...
go leafs go

> Forgotten they still have Babcock, going to get meagre returns for Zaitsev and Marleau since everyone knows they want to get out, and are still cap crunched

But hey, maybe if Sparks pulls a Binnington...

MartinFF7
4 weeks ago#115
Meow1000 posted...
MartinFF7 posted...
So the plan was the lull the Bruins into a false sense of security so St. Louis can win on the road again... right?

A team hasn't had a losing home record in the playoffs and won the cup since 1935.

But yeah, the owner's going to be facing a virtual lynch mob if they lose game 7...

hell yeah

Road record: 10-3
Home record: 6-7

one road loss each in Dallas (Game 4), San Jose (Game 1) and Boston (Game 1). Took all 3 games in Winnipeg. Coincidentally Dallas was the only series they were the "home" team...
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: davidponte

davidponte
4 weeks ago#116
MartinFF7 posted...
davidponte posted...
go leafs go

> Forgotten they still have Babcock, going to get meagre returns for Zaitsev and Marleau since everyone knows they want to get out, and are still cap crunched

But hey, maybe if Sparks pulls a Binnington...

The Leafs could get literally nothing for either of those players and I'd be ecstatic because it'd fix our cap situation immediately.

Them getting literally nothing is actually wishful thinking because I can't see any way we don't take on a contract in a trade, especially involving Marleau.
I was the final Undisputed Champion in UCA history,
however Advokaiser was the Guru Champion!

Shadow Dino
4 weeks ago#117
They'll be salary dumps with some cap retention or you'll have to give up a prospect you don't want to. Every team knows the Leafs are in a corner and won't bail them out for cheap.

MartinFF7
4 weeks ago#118
Yeah a bag of pucks would have way more value if we could drop that salary...

Well a lot can happen this summer, he can trip over the wrong object and land on the soft luscious terrain of Robidas Island!

Or trade for someone with a fat contract without a no-move and instantly dump them on the Marlies. If those contracts even exist anymore.

....going on capfriendly to see the highest AAV without a NMC or NTC.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Shadow Dino
4 weeks ago#119
Good luck. I can't imagine many $5 mil+ contracts that don't have an NMC on them.

MartinFF7
4 weeks ago#120
Surprisingly there are some big dollar ones that appear to not, including the top 2 AAVs of McDavid and Matthews.

https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/active

The only one that really works (unwarranted remaining money and term) is Shea Weber on the Habs, doesn't have either a no-move OR a no-trade and is way past his prime. Take his contract off their books and just eat it in the minors, and they get the younger and more reasonbly-termed Zaitsev back. Of course Marleau's trade request was to go back to the west coast so we couldn't really dump him on them either, guess it ruins that...

I'll leave getting out of this mess to the professionals.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. NHL Discussion Topic - Part 6 - Screw the Bruins