You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. NHL Discussion Topic - Part 6 - Screw the Bruins

User Info: Shadow Dino

Shadow Dino
1 month ago#101
MartinFF7 posted...
So, time travel, or a real true believer with money to flush down the toilet, lol...

Yeah, I'm gonna guess whoever put that bet was not going to miss that $400
Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love! ~Homer J. Simpson
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Psyonix

Psyonix
1 month ago#102
Shadow Dino posted...
MartinFF7 posted...
So, time travel, or a real true believer with money to flush down the toilet, lol...

I dont believe hes well off. He was on a trip in Vegas, he probably won some cash and decided to drop it on his favorite team. $400 is an odd bet placement. Why no an even 500 or 100?
Persona 5 The Royal
lets switch it up in our dreams, we'll never be royals... but let me live that fantasy...

User Info: Nelson_Mandela

Nelson_Mandela
1 month ago#103
Psyonix posted...
Shadow Dino posted...
MartinFF7 posted...

I dont believe hes well off. He was on a trip in Vegas, he probably won some cash and decided to drop it on his favorite team. $400 is an odd bet placement. Why no an even 500 or 100?

He wanted to win an even $100k I guess
"A more mature answer than I expected."~ Jakyl25
"Sephy's point is right."~ Inviso

User Info: MartinFF7

MartinFF7
1 month ago#104
Hell, I'm going to Vegas in the fall, I'll probably make a bunch of season bets. I remember last time I was there seeing lines on whether such-and-such team would make the playoffs... some of those and maybe some winner bets too. Just not $400, geez.

Psyonix posted...
Shadow Dino posted...
MartinFF7 posted...

Because of the odds, it would result in an even $100,000 "win" amount. If someone likes nice round numbers.

Of course it's actually $10,400 but that doesn't matter!
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: davidponte

davidponte
1 month ago#105
https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1139007063865122816

They found the guy
I was the final Undisputed Champion in UCA history,
however Advokaiser was the Guru Champion!

User Info: Shadow Dino

Shadow Dino
1 month ago#106
Anyways, who's looking forward for some offseason craziness as every GM tries to replicate what the Blues have done going from last place to Cup champions?
Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love! ~Homer J. Simpson

User Info: MartinFF7

MartinFF7
1 month ago#107
Everybody call up their AHL goalies for a few games and see if it works out!

Is Jake Allen in the conversation for "least deserving Stanley Cup ring recipient of all time"?
(edited 1 month ago)

Psyonix
1 month ago#108
Shadow Dino posted...
Anyways, who's looking forward for some offseason craziness as every GM tries to replicate what the Blues have done going from last place to Cup champions?

Its impossible to replicate it, but trying to copy the formula can work. CBJ have a great shot next year.

On another note, the Maple Leafs now have the longest cup drought... and haven't won a playoff series since before iPhones existed...

As @rammtay would say

*cries in leaves*
Persona 5 The Royal
lets switch it up in our dreams, we'll never be royals... but let me live that fantasy...

User Info: davidponte

davidponte
1 month ago#109
go leafs go
I was the final Undisputed Champion in UCA history,
however Advokaiser was the Guru Champion!

Psyonix
1 month ago#110
davidponte posted...
go leafs go

I just looked at futures betting for 2020 cup winners and they have the leafs as 2nd best odds... how in the f***. Although part of me believes that's because so many people bet on them and we do have a slim chance they dont wanna have to pay out that much if a miracle happens.
Persona 5 The Royal
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. NHL Discussion Topic - Part 6 - Screw the Bruins