You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Final Fantasy Record Keeper Topic 45: Now with 100% more Odin

User Info: Lopen

Lopen
1 month ago#61
I'm kinda thinking of getting the Holy Staff or Rod instead of the dagger cause they have like, RMs I might use once in a great while.

Feel like I'd never use the holy dagger on a buffer like Rikku since I already have a +30 Augment Rem Dagger for that so not seeing a real upside to getting the dagger.
No problem!
This is a cute and pop genocide of love!
Most people want the Holy Mind Dagger because some Odin and 6* magicites can deal 8000+ damage frequently so having your healer with mind as high as possible is pretty crucial, unless you want to constantly entrust a last stander to stay alive.

Gonna skip FF14 for now, especially if that chain lucky draw is coming soon. Only thing I really want is Alph chain but like outside of Y'shtola/Alph USB2, Papalymo's AOSB and Trancred's dualcast everything else is a dupe or garbage.
https://i.imgur.com/6AevF0Y.gif
LOL!!!! I hope that's a joke....names don't get more n00bish than that
(edited 1 month ago)

Lopen
1 month ago#63
I get why you'd want a big MND boost item

I'm just saying Rod or Staff seems marginally better, maybe. Pretty much all healers you're going to use can use them and they have some potentially useful RMs. You're not gonna need a dagger with 300 MND on your rando buffer which is the only one who isn't gonna be able to use the staff or rod.
No problem!
(edited 1 month ago)
These fights do drag on with 3 million HP so having higher mind so haste lasts longer helps (that said I never see characters like Rikku or Sazh on Odin/6* magicite videos, some Odin and Ramuh use all piercing attacks so Fabula Raid is the most popular choice)

I doubt anyone uses rod/staff boosting RM anyway in the Odin/6* level anyway, healers are more focused on meter gain and you're already healing near or at max with Lakshmi and mind+ 20s.
(edited 1 month ago)

Lopen
1 month ago#65
Yeah I mean, it's iffy either way. It's just kinda like... which use case is more marginal? Having the option to have a huge mind for a buffer or having the option for bonus healing RM. I'm thinking it's actually the former in that you might be able to do some cheeky stuff with like the unreleased heal all dance ability, to name one option, if you really stack that healing bonus high. But who knows.
No problem!

Lopen
1 month ago#66
Ultimately I think I'm going with the Dagger

If for no other reason Lilisette is looking to possibly be my main healer in FFXI affairs with that new dance ability and her chases and she can't use rods or staves.
No problem!

User Info: MalcolmMasher

MalcolmMasher
1 month ago#67
If you want a bonus healing RM, wouldn't you want one of the "increase healing" RMs, not "increase MND when equipping a ____"?
I don't like this duchy. Now, it's an adventurer.

Lopen
1 month ago#68
Yeah probably. Though if my intent is specifically to do silly stuff with dancer abilities I'm not sure they'd get helped by that since they're probably not WHT type?

Man I'd be weirdly tempted to get a 300 MND Lightning Boost Dagger for Lilisette if I actually could. Game is sparing me stupid decisions.
No problem!
(edited 1 month ago)
The option of being able to be equipped by anyone is widely agreed to be the better benefit, also you have to consider that characters with higher mind get out of stop and paralyze quicker as well.

I'm also watching Odin videos and I'm seeing this Aerith heal 9999 with curada and 8000+ with her USB2 with Lionheart RM equipped, even without a Lakshmi/Heal Boon.

https://youtu.be/e10Oxwq3Ris

If this guy can do it with Yang of all things maybe Ingus isn't as bad as a handicap as I feared.
(edited 1 month ago)

Lopen
1 month ago#70
It's widely agreed on. I'm just wondering how much people are thinking. If you're never gonna slot it on someone who can't use a rod or staff it's not an actual benefit.

I mean I'm considering Lilisette, a character basically no one uses, of all characters for this. Realistically you'd never put it on a Rikku or Sazh over your actual main healer, and p much all main healers have rod/staff access

If I didn't have Lilisette to consider I'd prob go with the staff
No problem!
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Final Fantasy Record Keeper Topic 45: Now with 100% more Odin