• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Final Fantasy Record Keeper Topic 45: Now with 100% more Odin

User Info: Ultimaphazon

Ultimaphazon
4 weeks ago#451
I actually have a reliable Syldra clear with Zack CSB and Bartz&Squall AASBs. I just haven't tried them against ice-weak Odin. Maybe I should attempt it one of these days; preferably before I blow all my mythril chasing Laguna CSB on VIII-2.
Not changing this sig until Caius Ballad is released in FFRK.

User Info: RPGlord95

RPGlord95
4 weeks ago#452
So the rainbow accolades are just shame badges? That's hilarious.
Whiskey Nick on his cell phone
"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat." -Warrior

User Info: Kaxon

Kaxon
4 weeks ago#453
This week's event is the FF1 which sadly has an absolutely terrible banner (just 1 awakening, and the only chain is a realm chain... AND it's on WOL who is probably most people's best DPS for FF1).

After that we have:
- FF VIII
- Black Chocobo Ice event
- FF II
- FF XV
- FF VII (would be Sept 26, but might get pushed back due to fest)

With the FF7 event they started a new thing where banner 2 has two guaranteed 5*+ instead of one. The quality of banner 2 is still generally lower than b1, but I think it might be a really good value. Banner 1s also improve at that point to having 10 6* and only 4 5*. I was thinking of drawing on 8 and or BC Ice, but I'm starting to think it's better to just save for the new format (and a few pulls on fest, but this fest is mostly underwhelming).
I made a living on time trial blowing myself off to cross the finish line at ludicrous speed. -transience
What sucks is that there's no FF1 event in the foreseeable future, but people in Japan are sub30ing the D??? Torment with Lightning and Cloud synchros. That's pretty sad that general powercreep has overwhelmed it before FF1 got up to date banners.
https://i.imgur.com/6AevF0Y.gif
LOL!!!! I hope that's a joke....names don't get more n00bish than that

Kaxon
4 weeks ago#455
Yeah, it sucks. Personally I'm not going to do it with an off realm team because that kinda defeats the whole purpose. But as far as I can tell the only chances in the next 6 months to get anything for FF1 are Garland's awakening in the next fest, and WOL's awakening in the black chocobo: Holy event.
I made a living on time trial blowing myself off to cross the finish line at ludicrous speed. -transience
Meia gets an awakening too next fest, but yeah other than that FF1 is barren as far as we can tell.

It's pretty bad when some people use Thief without any relics for him since doublecast Thief LM2 alone is one of the better DPS options in that realm.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Well that Dreams dungeon was really annoying, granted it was more of the realm sucking than the boss being hard. Matoya disappoints again even though she's the only one with a DPS USB I have, I was better off replacing her with Thief with just his BSB.

Kaxon
3 weeks ago#458
Yeah, my usual strategy of Cloud+Zack and 3 realm characters didn't work because Serah wasn't good enough at keeping anyone alive. Maybe I should have tried the same team but with Matoya as a dedicated second healer. Or else I need to figure out some other team that can run Elarra and still have enough damage to win.
I beat the Zombie Dragon with Warrior of Light, Garland, Sarah, Thief and Wol. My relics were lousy but they got the job done. Thief BSB and command 2 lowered his defense so that 6* physical abilities did about 7000 per hit. WoL and Garland used their BSBs for infusion and cap with it, WoL is an entrustbot and battery'd Sarah so she could keep using her BSB to keep the party alive.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Kaxon
3 weeks ago#460
I took down Zombie Dragon d350. My off realm characters were Elarra and Celes, I used WOL's Holy chain and Celes's awakening to get the job done. Matoya buffed and healed, Wol entrusted.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Final Fantasy Record Keeper Topic 45: Now with 100% more Odin
  • Topic Closed