• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: neonreaper

neonreaper
4 weeks ago#161
I read a good idea yesterday - try an RP server because once the novelty wears off (assuming it does), the RPers and the hardcore players will the ones left.

I never had to deal with it in WoW, but I guess it's also a good idea to avoid streamers because they mess up chat and they can mess with quest hubs, etc.
Donny: Are they gonna hurt us, Walter?
Walter: No, Donny. These men are cowards.

User Info: turbopuns3

turbopuns3
4 weeks ago#162
neonreaper posted...
they can mess with quest hubs, etc.

I mean what's the point of WoW if me and my buddies don't do a hostile takeover of Sentinel Hill from time to time?

User Info: neonreaper

neonreaper
4 weeks ago#163
The Crossroads is under attack!

I hear ya
Donny: Are they gonna hurt us, Walter?
Walter: No, Donny. These men are cowards.

User Info: azuarc

azuarc
4 weeks ago#164
I downloaded WoW classic a couple days ago in order to pick servers and make characters, and discovered I needed a live WoW account to do so. No surprise there. But what did strike me was that so many of the servers were already designated as full. Like, am I going to be able to start up on Tuesday?
VGMC13 champion: Ar Nosurge - Class::EXSPHERE_NOSURGE;

User Info: CoolCly

CoolCly
4 weeks ago#165
They intend to do layering for the first month, which means way more people than the servers can handle will be allowed in and they'll split people up into separate instances.

So if me and you are on the same server in the Barrens we might be in different instances of the Barrens

I would say public reception to this is .... super poor. and I'm very annoyed by it. That kind of tech is probably one of the most annoying and community breaking things about Retail WoW.

But Blizzard believes this is necessary for the initial launch and then will turn it off after a month.
The batman villians all seem to be one big joke that batman refuses to laugh at - SantaRPG

User Info: redrocket

redrocket
3 weeks ago#166
CoolCly posted...
They intend to do layering for the first month, which means way more people than the servers can handle will be allowed in and they'll split people up into separate instances.

So if me and you are on the same server in the Barrens we might be in different instances of the Barrens

I would say public reception to this is .... super poor. and I'm very annoyed by it. That kind of tech is probably one of the most annoying and community breaking things about Retail WoW.

But Blizzard believes this is necessary for the initial launch and then will turn it off after a month.

I mean, I can’t say that they’re wrong.
It's like paying for bubble wrap. -transience on Final Fantasy: All the Bravest

User Info: CoolCly

CoolCly
3 weeks ago#167
I think they're wrong. This method is under the assumption that player count will drop off drastically after a month, which may happen.

But if it doesn't, which may also happen, then we'll be stuck with servers with vastly more players than they can hold without a queue, meaning either they'll have to keep layering or open new servers for people to reroll on.

I don't want to have to reroll. And I definitely don't want layering.
The batman villians all seem to be one big joke that batman refuses to laugh at - SantaRPG
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: turbopuns3

turbopuns3
3 weeks ago#168
Haven't they done free realm transfers in the past when numbers deemed it necessary?

User Info: redrocket

redrocket
3 weeks ago#169
turbopuns3 posted...
Haven't they done free realm transfers in the past when numbers deemed it necessary?

They have.
It's like paying for bubble wrap. -transience on Final Fantasy: All the Bravest

User Info: MariaTaylor

MariaTaylor
3 weeks ago#170
I think I got my fill of classic WoW just from playing in private servers and stuff over the last year or two. it's kinda cool that this is finally happening, but I almost feel spoiled in a way. I'm not really prepared to pay money for something that has been free for so long. essentially I'd just be paying to be part of the experience of participating on an official server. and at this point I've kinda burned myself out on the game anyway. maybe next time I get the urge to play we'll see if WoW classic is even still a thing anymore.
Reality seems very harsh
https://imgur.com/3a03avz
  • Post New Message