You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: neonreaper

neonreaper
1 month ago#101
I mained a Warlock back in the day. It's a fun class but you get stuck farming soul shards especially if you're the raid's main Warlock. I actually kinda liked the role as long as people were cool about it.
Donny: Are they gonna hurt us, Walter?
Walter: No, Donny. These men are cowards.

User Info: turbopuns3

turbopuns3
1 month ago#102
I'm gonna be taking my leisurely time leveling. A good portion of what I'm looking forward to getting out of this official release of classic is the vanilla leveling experience itself. I wanna kick back and enjoy it and get into all sorts of tomfoolery along the way.

User Info: Corrik7

Corrik7
1 month ago#103
turbopuns3 posted...
I'm gonna be taking my leisurely time leveling. A good portion of what I'm looking forward to getting out of this official release of classic is the vanilla leveling experience itself. I wanna kick back and enjoy it and get into all sorts of tomfoolery along the way.

No such thing as fast leveling in vanilla.
Xbox Live User Name - Corrik
Currently playing: Division 2

Corrik7
1 month ago#104
azuarc posted...
There's QoL and then there's QoL. Like, I in no way whatsoever want a dungeon finder. A big part of the game to me was knowing where things were and actually going out to them. The dungeons might as well be in another dimension if you just warp to them with dungeon finder. However, basic UI improvements are certainly welcome. The one thing I'm fuzzy on is dual spec. That would be nice to have available in the game, but I can see how it might be along the slippery slope.

Does anyone know which version of WoW classic will emulate? Like, is it 1.0 or 1.14, or...? Playing hunter is considerably less attractive if it's before the class overhaul from 1.7 when survival was still supposed to be some kind of weird melee tree.

Actually the original was so much better for community building because you had to basically get to know people. Need to go to another continent. Get to know some mages. Meet warlocks to summon you to dungeons. Etc.

User Info: azuarc

azuarc
1 month ago#105
Corrik7 posted...
Actually the original was so much better for community building because you had to basically get to know people. Need to go to another continent. Get to know some mages. Meet warlocks to summon you to dungeons. Etc.

Agreed. I came from EverQuest, where you had to group for everything. WoW classic had you group here and there, but even that felt like you were sequestered from the other players...until endgame and you suddenly needed to run 5-mans to be able to raid or do pvp.
Video Game Music Contest 13 winner: Ar Nosurge - CLASS::EXSPHERE_NOSURGE;

User Info: redrocket

redrocket
1 month ago#106
azuarc posted...
Corrik7 posted...

Agreed. I came from EverQuest, where you had to group for everything. WoW classic had you group here and there, but even that felt like you were sequestered from the other players...until endgame and you suddenly needed to run 5-mans to be able to raid or do pvp.

Running 5 mans while leveling is way more fun than just soloing all the time. There’s a certain magic to those Vanilla dungeons that they never quite recaptured.
It's like paying for bubble wrap. -transience on Final Fantasy: All the Bravest

azuarc
1 month ago#107
While I'm not going to argue that, the reality is that leveling and then 5-manning is way more efficient. Finding people in the right range to run a dungeon is often an exercise in frustration. Especially when it's not a typical dungeon for your faction, like Razorfen Downs for Alliance.

azuarc
4 weeks ago#108
I just woke up from an awful dream where I was in a progressive guild trying to clear a raid and I managed to bumble my way into wiping the raid 6 times in a row before I finally left in shame. wtf.

Maybe I shouldn't play hunter.

Corrik7
4 weeks ago#109
redrocket posted...
azuarc posted...
Corrik7 posted...

Running 5 mans while leveling is way more fun than just soloing all the time. There’s a certain magic to those Vanilla dungeons that they never quite recaptured.

I'd argue that running 5 mans was super essential in leveling as everyone is those levels for so long that there is always an abundance of people running them which helps you make friends.

I remember sitting there /who region many times just to find warlocks to summon me to instances and such. And this again is how it was more community based then.

azuarc
4 weeks ago#110
Corrik7 posted...
everyone is those levels for so long

http://zam.zamimg.com/images/f/d/fd5df52003e1747ad855a5be02aa1f28.png

This is me. Taken from http://wow.allakhazam.com/wiki/Azuarc's_Leveling_Guide_intro

So that's 109 hours to level 70. Not technically classic, but I also had to do 10 extra levels that were considerably slower than the first 60.