You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Tom resumes reading all the Bolo Household Manga Collection (spoilers)

User Info: Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#11
The Demon Ororon, 1 of 4
By: Hakase Mizuki
Whose fault is this: Wifebolo
https://i.imgtc.ws/9m7vTdM.jpg
Today's BGM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq7cQNO0gYc

Going in completely blind on this one- all I know is that it's one of those multiple-volumes-in-one-book compilations. Not only is it 4 instead of the usual 3, but it's hardback, which I think qualifies it as a bludgeoning weapon. I'm doing this as four volumes because it does not look like my thang and I don't have the motivation to power through it in one sitting.

A boy named Chiaki was just out looking for a sweater that would cover BOTH his shoulders when he finds an injured seme. Chiaki nurses him back to health and it turns out this is the demon Ororon, who senses that Chiaki is half-angel and pledges him one wish and kisses his hand before leaving. There's a girl too but where we're going we don't need girls.

Speaking of girls having cooties, here comes a dead girl. Chiaki extends his neck to rougly nope.avi proportions and exorcises her or something. He seems mostly unaware or unwilling to accept his lineage and/or powers, which Ororon now thinks are more like those of an archangel. Chiaki is a lonely dude so he uses his wish to have Ororon stay with him always and be his friend, and Ororon has nothing better to do I guess. The next page they are hanging out in bed and Ororon is trying to get a kiss when he is attacked by Chiaki's cat. The girl from earlier is gonna come over and Ororon disappears and CHIAKI'S CLASSMATES ARE USING FEMALE PRONOUNS FOR CHIAKI I was certain she was just a shota.

Chiaki's parents are MIA and grandpa is dead and we're just a sad little two-dimensional waif child. Some demons or something show up (Ororon had mentioned earlier that people would wanna eat Chiaki) and Ororon comes back to make the save and be identified as DEMON KING ORORON. Ororon enslaves the gang of whatever-they-ares, and reveals that he had just gone to fetch his maid because Chiaki sucks at cooking.

Shiro and Kuro are two of the monsters that are now living here, and I am not sure what happened to the rest of that gang. Ororon has figured out that Chiaki's dad is probably the Archangel Michael, who should have been executed by now for doin' it with a mortal but probably escaped somehow since we haven't heard about it. The older one of Shiro/Kuro (black and white for those of you less far down the rabbit hole of weebery) killed a cat that the younger one liked. This is probably just an excuse for Ororon to exposit that he can resurrect creatures, but only if he is the one to kill them and they're not too far gone. That's apparently what happened to Shiro and Kuro's friends.

Meanwhile, Chiaki's aunt is in charge of her inheritance, and she's kinda a jerk. Shiro and/or Kuro show up to tell her what for. We make it a point to identify that the jerk aunt and...uncle?...are Christian, super. Somebody gets a cross in the back. I legit am already having trouble distinguishing the two catboys from the heroine, let alone each other. Shiro is the one who is down, apparently. The jerk angels who dun it also can't figure out Chiaki's gender, so at least I'm not alone. Angels always kill monsters (ie Shiro/Kuro) and children of the fallen (ie Chiaki) and Chiaki is upset by this state of affairs. Action looking things happen and I think Chiaki gets giant angel wings and Ororon kills the bad guys maybe.
https://imgtc.com/i/uWMMlnN.png
Tone yo' flab

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#12
Ringleader angel-chan can't take a hint that this is the let-the-cool-guy-show-how-cool-he-is sequence, and tries one last attack, so she gets eaten by a giant Dopefish on crack. It be like that sometimes. Chiaki don't like the fighting and killing and such.

Ororon's big brother Othello is here now I guess, and hitting on Best-not-sexy-demon-Friend-chan (whose name is Lika). Ororon's actually the youngest of seven half-brothers, and the ruler for some reason, so his absence is causing a stir back home. Also some dead lady is talking to Ororon (I think?) and we get the line "You look like my mother when she died...mad from poison. It's sexy." He re-kills her or maybe she kills him or something and a buncha little spirit dudes come out and some other people are talking about stuff we already know. I guess God, the creator of the world, is the child of an angel and a mortal or something because that's how that works, and has hecked off to go do God somewhere else.

Ororon comes back all bloodied and tries to have his way with Chiaki so she bonks him with a rock and runs away. Goggles McGee and Hoodie Kid are hunting the bounty on Ororon so Goggles McGee can go back to his season of Digimon. One of our two main characters apologizes to the other for the sexual assault incident but we don't believe in putting stems on our speech bubbles so who knows. Ororon confesses his love to Chiaki and explains that it's kill or be killed for him but he's not a JERK about it but Chiaki still doesn't like it and wants him to stop. Chiaki says she'll never speak to him again, and catches a fever from hanging out in the rain.

A malnourished angel (even by this manga's standards) with unbuttoned pants tells Chiaki to break up with him because it could unseal the power sealed inside her by her dad. This dude's body is dead so he can't do a whole lot.

Flashback to Ororon backstory- his mom hated him and his dad and got poisoned. (presumably going mad and dying [sexily???] shortly thereafter) Ororon seems to have been into that. Also his dad stole the angel dude's eating-disorder-and-no-shirt-and-unbuttoned-pants look, but he has different hair and wings so he's probably a different person. After both his parents died, Ororon became king because why not, didn't have any interest in ruling, and dealt with a long string of deaths and assassination attempts until getting sick of it and taking his baggage to the human world with him, and that's when Chiaki found him.

Mitsune "Goggles" McGee gets another scene- btw he has a third eye and a missing arm I guess. Did you remember that he's a bounty hunter. Because he's a bounty hunter. He kills people. It's his job. Because he's a bounty hunter. Just FYI.

Ororon is nursing Chiaki and Othello teases him for a bit. Othello doesn't want to be king either, so he wants Ororon to come back and take back over. Ororon is being angsty by the school when the GOGGLES GANG shows up and shanks some random kid. Wifebolo is home and wants to watch stuff so it's time for a reprieve.
Tone yo' flab

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#13
There's a big fight scene at the school. All I can tell you is that Mitsune cares about civilian casualties but his dudes don't. Also I think people are getting MORE elongated as this manga progresses. There's more fighting and people saying things- I think Othello wants to buy Mitsune and Mitsune isn't about that, and another dude gave Ororon some trouble because he's trying not to kill, and some other dudes are going after kids and teachers, and Chiaki is running from a rapey one. And Lika is there. Don't quote me on any of that all these people look the same.

My rating: 1/10
Okay so Wifebolo and I have pretty divergent tastes, but usually with her stuff I can find SOMETHING I like- characters, art style, music, setting, a ship, humor, SOMETHING. I got nothing this time. I can't tell what's happening or who it's happening to half the time, not even the heroine appeals to me, and the setting I knew going in wasn't going to be my cup of tea. It doesn't seem to have made a big impression on Wifebolo either, so I suspect after I slog through the rest, it's gonna find itself on the next Half Price Books run.
Tone yo' flab

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#14
https://i.imgtc.ws/vgr8vvx.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heORiZ8l484
Tone yo' flab

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#15
also: wifebolo found an advertisement for the ororon complete collection....in our copy of the ororon complete collection
Tone yo' flab

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#16
The Demon Ororon Vol. 2 of 4
https://i.imgtc.ws/Qlo6WMV.jpg
(that's Chiaki on the right and Othello on the left. Probably.)
Today's BGM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQHx_GPKccY

We return to the land of speed forme deoxyses (deoxes? deoxysae?) with chins, where we are still involved in some big climactic fight between people we're supposed to care about and the Digi-Destined. Lika goes all ECW on Rape Guy, saving Chiaki but not before we get a boobshot nobody wanted. Some of the bad guys want to give up but the leader guy doesn't. Othello licks Goggles' shoe for an extended period. Ororon is done being Mr. Nice King Of Hell and starts wrecking people and summoning golems, but are his wounds too great at this point? (spoilers: probably not) Sexy Angel Man (who is god, maybe?) warns Chiaki to get out of Dodge, but just then one of the golems squishes....somebody, but I think everybody in the room is accounted for in the following panel? Maybe Kaworu Nagisa got a cameo- the hair's about right. Oh, it's a random little girl I guess.

Meanwhile, a whole bunch of dudes show up back at the ranch, interrupting underwear!catboy #2's chat with the cat. They appear to be Othello's underlings, and are annoyed that there's no magic barrier for this brouhaha. One of them is one of the brothers, I guess? Hoodie Kid gets decapitated by a golem. We hardly knew ye. Ororon has to kill Matthew (his ex-most loyal retainer that he fought right before coming to our world) a few more times. Matthew turns into Sheila the Mom. Othello hits on Goggles a while longer, trying to get him to live and hate him. Othello's army buddies show up now that I think most of the fighting is maybe over. One of them has a chin thicker than some of the torsos I've seen in this manga. The one I thought was one of the brothers is not, and his name is Charles.

Chiaki wakes up and decides now is a good time to go looking for Ororon. Catboy#1xLika is teased. Ororon kills his mom a few more times. We finally have the Chiaki and Ororon reunion and talk about death and killing and suicide and stuff. Romantically. Ororon tries to push Chiaki away. The surviving bounty hunter dudes show up and take her hostage so that Ororon will die quietly. Ororon solves this classic moral dilemna by punching them. Chiaki still won't let him kill the dudes though. He still wants to kill the dudes instead of them killing him though.

Flashforward- apparently Chiaki caused an earthquake and wiped out the city in a fit of pacifism. Kyoya Ootori is annoyed by this hassle. We're calling Chiaki the Savior now, and she's passed out. Scary Maid Lady shanks somebody who was trying to bother Ororon. Ororon teleports the party to somewhere that didn't get nuked. Some demons are gonna eat an angel, so it's time to think some more about killing and living and dying. We're about to leave them be when one of them tries to attack Ororon gets asploded. Meanwhile, Othello continues to torture and/or nurse and/or rape Mitsune, whom I can't call Goggles any more because he has lost his goggles, along with the rest of his clothes And that's the note on which we're ending the volume today!

My rating: 2/10
At least I could mostly follow it this time!
Tone yo' flab

User Info: 5tarscream

5tarscream
1 month ago#17
How did I manage to miss this tag. Don’t worry Tom I’m here. You are not aloooooone.

5tarscream
1 month ago#18
I do have to catch up a lot though

User Info: Eerieka

Eerieka
1 month ago#19
I love The Ancient Magus's Bride so much. I like the slower pace it takes, and the episodic adventures. You may have watched the OVA, btw, which came out before the anime but starts further in (and then consists of flashback sequences before the series).
Account created-9/10/04. Just a normal GameFAQs user/leprechaun
Ramza: rofl. Rofel: You say my name? -Eise

5tarscream
1 month ago#20
I’m not sure if I’m glad that I caught up. That seems like something I don’t want to read. Mainly because it just sounds like a f***ing mess
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Tom resumes reading all the Bolo Household Manga Collection (spoilers)