• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Hearthstone Discussion Topic 519 - The Rise of the Mech
So this tavern brawl is a thing.

I kind of like it actually, but I tend to like the degenerate ones.

Most people are basically playing crab warfare; Hungry Crab, Golakka Crawler, Dragonslayer, Sacrificial Pact.

There's some 2 drops with pretty impactful aruas. Mechwarper, Underbelly Angler, Ship's Cannon.

3 drops are a little underwhelming mostly--I don't feel like games are won or lost due to Murloc Warleader. Zoobot is probably the best of them; buffs itself so it's like a 4/4 that hands out two +1/+1s.

Shaman has a bunch of strong stuff going on with totem synergy (0 mana savage roar, Thing From Below) and Murloc synergies (Everyfin is Awesome, Underbelly Angler).

But I think of the zooish tempo decks, Warlock has the strongest one. More crabs thanks to sac pact. More ways to draw crabs thanks to the hero power, kobold librarian, and warlock stuff in general.

---

However, there are definitely control/combo decks. The one I've played runs almost entirely spells, and then uses Ice Fishing and draw a minion effects to pull out Scargill, Mechwarper, Al'Akir, and SN1P SN4P for the OTK.

This works because Shaman has a ton of cheap board clears. Lightning Storm, Elemental Destruction, Hagatha's Scheme, Volcano, Earthquake. I also added in singletarget removal (lightning bolt, crackle, Likkim, Earth Shock).

I've also heard reports of people doing well with control warlock, presumably leveraging a similarly wide pool of board clears (defile, hellfire, etc) until they can drop Skull of the M'Nari.

---

Meanwhile, some people on reddit are hyping up Odd Paladin. I....have tried it, and don't get the hype actually. You have one less crab, no ship's cannon, no mechwarper, so you can fall way behind on turn 2-3, and Paladin really doesn't have odd board clears, so like...you'd better draw a crab to kill that ship's cannon/mechwarper (and you can't even run golakka crawler so you have fewer crabs, although Crystology helps you draw hungry crab). If you can survive a few turns, sure, the hero power will out-value most decks, but Odd Paladin doesn't really feel like it has the tools to come back when way behind on board. (Maybe Odd Pally counters the Scargill control/combo deck, cause they need to spend board clears on your 1/1s? But that matchup is so rare that I've never played against it)
Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision

User Info: CybrMonkey

CybrMonkey
4 weeks ago#302
Fun deck I stumbled upon while doing a play shaman cards quest: Wild Highlander Even Shaman.

https://hsreplay.net/decks/IZr2kFLWI8spXW92ozJpNh/
Lurker extraordinaire

User Info: azuarc

azuarc
4 weeks ago#303
I had fun yesterday playing this tavern brawl.
VGMC13 champion: Ar Nosurge - Class::EXSPHERE_NOSURGE;

User Info: VeryInsane

VeryInsane
4 weeks ago#304
https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/23097373/upcoming-card-balance-changes-august-26-2019

Luna's to 7, Conjurer's Calling to 4, Boom to 9, Extra Arms to 3.

Barnes to 5.
Warning: I'm literally VeryInsane.

User Info: MrSmartGuy

MrSmartGuy
4 weeks ago#305
Was Extra Arms ever actually a problem? I can't say I've kept up with the meta too hard, but I've never thought to myself "this Zoo Priest is just too overwhelming."

The Barnes hit is pretty nice, though. Good to know they haven't completely neglected Wild.
Xbox GT/PSN name/Nintendo ID: TatteredUniform
http://www.scuffletown.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/tRBE1.gif

azuarc
4 weeks ago#306
A Barnes nerf, 3 years+ in the making. At least maybe the wild ladder will finally be less than 20% big priest. I freaking hate that deck.

User Info: Camden

Camden
4 weeks ago#307
Divine Spirit is probably a bigger deal, but Priest doesn't exactly have a lot going for it in the classic set. They apparently weren't interested in giving Priest an actual playable card when they added the new cards to the classic set, so I imagine they'll always try and fix any perceived problem by tackling something else instead.
When someone is giving you his opinion, you should receive it with deep gratitude even though it is worthless.
Huh? Finger!? What the hell?

User Info: Emeraldegg

Emeraldegg
4 weeks ago#308
Finally got enough gold to complete the dalaran heist and got a gold shield slam from the gold classic pack, finally beat stage 1 on heroic. Infinite unstable evolution with emerald goggles is fun
I'm a greener egg than the eggs from dr. seuss
CybrMonkey posted...
Fun deck I stumbled upon while doing a play shaman cards quest: Wild Highlander Even Shaman.

https://hsreplay.net/decks/IZr2kFLWI8spXW92ozJpNh/

Whoa, I might have to try that. I've built so many varieties of wild even shaman, so it makes sense that a reno version would work. (I've also seen non-Even Reno shaman popping up, cause hey, Shudderwock copies Reno and Zeph's battlecry).

I've also been thinking of making Wild Even Reno Mage. Wild Even Mage that tried to win off of Coldarra Drake was kind-of a thing for me, but there was a lot of redundancy, a lot of cards I couldn't fit, etc. And nearly all of the highlander trigger cards are even (Kazakus, Reno, Reno2, Zeph). I would have to finally craft Kazakus and Zeph, though. (I really should just craft Zeph, seems like the most interesting card they've made in years).
Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision

azuarc
4 weeks ago#310
If the paladin double costs 5, why does the priest double cost 2, though? Like, I get that doubling attack is more likely to result in an OTK or something similar, and healing is priest's identity, which is hard to do without minions that take damage, but DS has been a part of OTK combos since Hearthstone went live.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Hearthstone Discussion Topic 519 - The Rise of the Mech
  • Post New Message