You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Potentially going to play every Mega Man and MMX game for the first time

User Info: LOLIAmAnAlt

LOLIAmAnAlt
1 month ago#11
3>2>11>10>6>5>1>8>7>>4

Never played enough 9 to rate.
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
I feel like 7 gets a lot of unfair flak. It's a pretty fun and solid game, despite its flaws. Admittedly I'm biased since that was the first Mega Man game I played(But I've played 1-8).

As for advice....

1st game does indeed have a lot of bulls*** in it, the later games naturally smooth things out over time.

Besides that, some general advice is to not be afraid to go back to a stage/boss later if you're having a lot of trouble. Some stages are a pain without certain ah... "equipment", and some bosses are a pain without their weakness to exploit.
https://imgur.com/gOGzcN4
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: BSkullX

BSkullX
4 weeks ago#13
I'm glad, I hope you're having fun. Great game series.
Mega Man 11 is available now!!!

User Info: burritosatan

burritosatan
4 weeks ago#14
Welcome to team X
Same sex marriage is not gay privilege, its equal rights. Privilege would be something like gay people not paying taxes. Like churches don't

User Info: RPGlord95

RPGlord95
4 weeks ago#15
2 > 3 > 9 > 11 > 4 > 10 > 5 > 6 > 1 > 8 > 7

X > X4 > X2 > X6 > X3 > X5 > X8 > X7
Whiskey Nick on his cell phone
"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat." -Warrior

User Info: Nelson_Mandela

Nelson_Mandela
4 weeks ago#16
So hey guys. Mega Man 1 is ridiculously hard (thankfully the rewind function exists).

What changes in MM2 that makes everyone like it so much more than the original?
"A more mature answer than I expected."~ Jakyl25
"Sephy's point is right."~ Inviso

User Info: WazzupGenius00

WazzupGenius00
4 weeks ago#17
The levels have much better designs (less cheapness) and the weapons are generally more useful. You can touch spikes and lava while flashing after getting hit, unlike the first game. Less jankiness when it comes to moving platforms (you won’t just randomly fall through them like the ones in Ice Man’s stage)

E-Tanks added (consumable life refill) if you need a little more help on a boss

Do you know about the pause button glitch? It’s only in MM1 but if you’re having trouble with bosses it helps. That game has two pause buttons—the one that lets you change weapons and another that just pauses the game and stops the music. If you use that second pause right when a shot hits a boss, then repeatedly unpause and pause again, they will take damage again from the same shot. Just make sure you aren’t ALSO taking damage because the same principle affects you too. It works best with Elec Beam or the Cutter since they’re big.
http://i.imgur.com/k0v0z3q.gif
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Nelson_Mandela
4 weeks ago#18
Thanks! I'm basically just using the rewind feature to get through the tough parts. Even with it, this is pretty challenging.

User Info: ninkendo

ninkendo
4 weeks ago#19
I feel the jump in Mega man 1 also just didn't feel as good as it did in later games
https://imgtc.com/i/iJnhdkc.gif
https://imgtc.com/i/j45EVGx.png

Nelson_Mandela
3 weeks ago#20
Mega Man 1 beated

That was quite enjoyable; however, I would have HATED this without the Legacy Collection's cheat features. That boss rush at the end would have been impossible for me without rewinding.

I'm in awe of how some of you did this when you were like six.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Potentially going to play every Mega Man and MMX game for the first time