You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The OFFICIAL Visual Novel Rankings

User Info: loweffortmemes

loweffortmemes
4 weeks ago#31
Eh, I guess I'll chime in as well. Sadly, I'm not as much of a VN expert as some of the other people that have posted so far!

Tier 1: Umineko, Clannad
Tier 2: Rewrite, Little Busters, Grisaia no Kajitsu, 999, Katawa Shoujo
Tier 3: Saya no Uta, Doki Doki Literature Club

Also gonna throw in anime adaptations of visual novels that I've seen: Higurashi, Kanon, White Album 2

I enjoyed all the visual novels that I've read so far, even the tier 3 ones!

Sheep007 posted...
Surprised there's no Katawa Shoujo mentioned here.

I was also a bit surprised to see that! I feel like Katawa Shoujo tends to be a lot of people's first visual novels. That was my first visual novel and it definitely sparked my interest in the genre.

User Info: pyresword

pyresword
4 weeks ago#32
Play the Utawarerumono games

I realize I am not the VN EXPERT here, but they are good I swear.
Oh woops. Putting Advokaiser in my sig like this until I think of something more clever

User Info: Arti

Arti
4 weeks ago#33
pyresword posted...
Play the Utawarerumono games

I realize I am not the VN EXPERT here, but they are good I swear.

I'll play the remake when it comes out since it's the first game, then play the other two that are out already
http://backloggery.com/articuno2001/sig.gif

User Info: th3l3fty

th3l3fty
4 weeks ago#34
loweffortmemes posted...
I was also a bit surprised to see that! I feel like Katawa Shoujo tends to be a lot of people's first visual novels. That was my first visual novel and it definitely sparked my interest in the genre.

B8 discovered VNs in general through Phoenix Wright, so we're a pretty significant outlier when it comes to these things

(and even if you don't count Ace Attorney games as VNs, Umineko was also well before KS)
thelefty for analysis crew 2008 imo -transience
I have a third degree burn in flame-o-nomics -Sir Chris

User Info: KamikazePotato

KamikazePotato
4 weeks ago#35
Board 8 introduced me to every non-handheld Visual Novel except for Umineko, which I discovered elsewhere and then spread here like a plague

Place hasn't steered me wrong so far! Especially never would never have heard of Fata Morgana. Which people should play.
Black Turtle did a pretty good job.

User Info: loweffortmemes

loweffortmemes
4 weeks ago#36
th3l3fty posted...
B8 discovered VNs in general through Phoenix Wright, so we're a pretty significant outlier when it comes to these things

(and even if you don't count Ace Attorney games as VNs, Umineko was also well before KS)

Ah yeah, I forgot that the age range for B8'ers is higher than in other communities I'm in, so that makes sense actually.

User Info: Sceptilesolar

Sceptilesolar
4 weeks ago#37
I've read enough not to want to bother with rankings, but my top 5 are Umineko, Ever17, Rewrite, Higurashi, and Steins;Gate in that order.

Haven't read one for a while though, Fata Morgana was over a year ago. Maybe I'll get to Chaos Child eventually.
Just killing time until the world ends.

User Info: LapisLazuli

LapisLazuli
4 weeks ago#38
When the heck is that PS4 version of Fata Morgana out? Still listed as Q1.
https://i.imgtc.com/AutEY6V.jpg
https://i.imgtc.com/lwKAU8M.jpg

User Info: pyresword

pyresword
4 weeks ago#39
I have also seriously slowed down on reading VN's lately, which is kind of unfortunate.
Oh woops. Putting Advokaiser in my sig like this until I think of something more clever

User Info: KamikazePotato

KamikazePotato
4 weeks ago#40
I have a local friend who swears by Underwater Ray Romano. Didn't know it was actually a VN. Apparently that's being localized in 2020?

LapisLazuli posted...
When the heck is that PS4 version of Fata Morgana out? Still listed as Q1.

No clue!
Black Turtle did a pretty good job.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The OFFICIAL Visual Novel Rankings