You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Anagram Plays Persona 4 (spoilers)

User Info: xp1337

xp1337
4 weeks ago#111
...Oh yeah, I think that's right. You can't switch books in P4. Once you start one you have to finish it before you pick a new one.

...so that's a benefit to glancing >_>
xp1337: Don't you wish there was a spell-checker that told you when you a word out?

User Info: Anagram

Anagram
4 weeks ago#112
Thanks, good to have this info for later.
Not changing this sig until I decide to change this sig.
Started: July 6, 2005

Anagram
4 weeks ago#113
No more until Monday, sadly.

Anagram
4 weeks ago#114
Does resist fire on a fire-weak persona nullify the fire weakness? I remember fire immunity does.

xp1337
4 weeks ago#115
Anagram posted...
Does resist fire on a fire-weak persona nullify the fire weakness? I remember fire immunity does.

I believe the Persona Skill Resist [Element] overrides the weakness. Accessories can't (unlike Persona 3.) Not 100% sure though.

Null/Repel/Absorb all override weaknesses for sure. Resist is the one I'm iffy on.
xp1337: Don't you wish there was a spell-checker that told you when you a word out?

Anagram
4 weeks ago#116
- The reward for scoring in the top ten was more points with my school friends? Lame.
- Obviously-a-Girl tells Greg that Kanji's actions were "forced and unnatural" while she was with him. Apparently, him being called an "odd person" revealed his complex. Is... is this supposed to be translated as "queer person," like "strange" but also gay, but they chickened out at the last second and changed it to "odd?"
- Apparently the information that Kanji has "a complex" is enough for Teddie to sniff out a new location: a bathhouse. When we reach it, we start hearing some stereotypical gay voices from a door, and Yosuke suddenly doesn't want to go. I mean... I don't consider myself a social justice type, but this is just really uncomfortable.
- Aren't shadows based on human monster ideas? Is "evil cop" enough of a monster to qualify? Because that's actually very clever.
- On floor 3, we find Kanji surrounded by an evil blue aura. He has yellow eyes and speaks all fey, and to their credit, the heroes catch on more quickly this time.
- Again, I love the title screen that appears above Kanji for no reason, it's so good. This time there's even canned audience laughter coming from nowhere, this is so perfect. Apparently that's supposed to be everyone watching the Midnight Channel, but uh... I don't know, aren't most of the watchers in the high school? I would think our little band of heroes would be quickly recognized if that was the case.
- Daring Gigases almost give me a game over several times, although one of those times was my own fault for accidentally selecting escape.
- Apparently I just get 8 persona slots at 20. I remember there being a little more fanfare in 3 and 5.
- I reach floor 7, the door further in implies there'll be a boss, I use a goroh-M to return to the entrance to save because I don't want to redo the last eighty minutes.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

xp1337
4 weeks ago#117
Anagram posted...
Apparently, him being called an "odd person" revealed his complex. Is... is this supposed to be translated as "queer person," like "strange" but also gay, but they chickened out at the last second and changed it to "odd?"

No, at least I don't think so, Obviously-a-Girl meant all that literally. How Kanji took it however...

User Info: KamikazePotato

KamikazePotato
4 weeks ago#118
There's so much to unpack with Kanji's story arc in Persona 4. There's how the game handles it, there's how the game handles it in context of 2008 instead of 2018, there's the context of how homosexuality is treated in Japan as opposed to the US, and there's the context of how the translaters interpreted the original text.
Black Turtle did a pretty good job.

User Info: swirIdude

swirIdude
3 weeks ago#119
Yosuke is very homophobic, but since this is Japan, no one cares.
Advokaiser picked Cloud in Guru and rained on my bracket.
At least I finished 20th overall!

Anagram
3 weeks ago#120
- Went back to Yukiko's Castle (without ever leaving) to do some side quests.
- I go to fuse some personas, and Igor is gone! I guess Margaret and I chat off-screen, and I get a new social link out of it.
- "Entangle me within your strand of fate as well" - this is the most abstract flirting I've ever seen in my life.
- We get to the boss on floor 7 (I go back in, never left the TV world) and there's a Daring Gigas boss (buff mustache guy in a speedo) in there with Shadow Kanji. I get it, game. He's gay and doesn't want to admit it. Even ignoring all of the homophobia stuff, this is a one-second joke you've stretched into an hours-long joke. Anyway, of note: he one-shots my characters even after being debuffed, so I just stopped healing.
- The heroes reach the top of the bathhouse and find Kanji confronting Shadow Kanji. Shadow Kanji complains that girls are gross and think he's a weirdo, and to their credit, he's dressed in a diaper and stands like Waluigi. You know, I think I just realized why this joke doesn't work for me: Kanji might be gay, but he wouldn't be like flamboyently gay. It also doesn't quite work because Shadow Kanji doesn't quite say "I like dudes," he just heavily implies it, whereas Shadow Yukiko was talking about just getting railed.
- Anyway, Shadow Kanji turns into a big bodybuilder armed with male symbols. I don't even bother fighting him, I'm at sub-30 SP for everyone, so I just shut it off for now.
- I'm level 22 right now, and the normal enemies at the top of the bathhouse are rocking my world. Am I horribly underleveled? Because I don't run that often.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Anagram Plays Persona 4 (spoilers)