You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. NBA Discussion WCF- Western Curry Finals

User Info: davidponte

davidponte
4 weeks ago#211
Yeah screw those Pats fans
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser

User Info: ScareChan

ScareChan
4 weeks ago#212
double overtime? Looks like missed a hell of a game

and did I read it right Giannis only had 12 points but 23 rebounds?!
Lets Smash- Switch friend code SW-5264-0547-1806
PSN TehScurr
Have people heard the Magic Johnson interview? That is some pretty unexpected s*** that you don't normally hear from someone who was on the inside, nevermind from smiley charming Magic.

User Info: burritosatan

burritosatan
4 weeks ago#214
s***teredElysium posted...
Have people heard the Magic Johnson interview? That is some pretty unexpected s*** that you don't normally hear from someone who was on the inside, nevermind from smiley charming Magic.

5) Magic Johnson on which max free agent he wants with the Lakers: "Kawhi and Kyrie are the two guys."

Oh lord. Kyrie & LeBron 2.0 no we get instead of JR so imma call that an upgrade
Same sex marriage is not gay privilege, its equal rights. Privilege would be something like gay people not paying taxes. Like churches don't

User Info: Emeraldegg

Emeraldegg
4 weeks ago#215
s***teredElysium posted...

Magic: "Pelinka was the one spreading rumors I wasn't working hard and not coming to work"
Also Magic: "I told Jeanie my other jobs were more lucrative so I checked to be sure it was okay that I'd be in and out"
I'm a greener egg than the eggs from dr. seuss
I mean if the Lakers agreed beforehand that he could do a part time job and just be like an ambassador figurehead type figure, that is entirely on the Lakers when that is exactly what he did.

It's worth noting that it is extra snakey of Pelinka if he was the source of the leak as he immediately went out to bat for Magic when Le Batard reported it. He categorically denied that was the case and tried to get Le Batard fired / their deal revoked over it (least that's what Le Batard said this morning)

User Info: burritosatan

burritosatan
4 weeks ago#217
So... Blazers with the reverse sweep tonight right guys

Lets witness history
Same sex marriage is not gay privilege, its equal rights. Privilege would be something like gay people not paying taxes. Like churches don't

Emeraldegg
4 weeks ago#218
ShatteredElysium posted...
I mean if the Lakers agreed beforehand that he could do a part time job and just be like an ambassador figurehead type figure, that is entirely on the Lakers when that is exactly what he did.

It's worth noting that it is extra snakey of Pelinka if he was the source of the leak as he immediately went out to bat for Magic when Le Batard reported it. He categorically denied that was the case and tried to get Le Batard fired / their deal revoked over it (least that's what Le Batard said this morning)

That's true that that's on the lakers, but it also doesn't mean magic has any right to get upset when someone else is rightfully pointing out that he's not at work very often, and honestly he shouldn't be upset if Pelinka felt he could do a better job, assuming that was his only crime. Because as we've clearly seen, magic was not doing a very good job of what the actual job description of a GM should be, regardless of what the arranged deal was.

Like if pelinka was sabotaging him that's one thing, but if what happened was "Magic knows pelinka thinks he could do a better job, despite pelinka not actually doing anything wrong to put that into action" then that's just on magic for being unreasonable. And magic's gripe sounds like that's exactly what it is, that he felt "betrayed" because pelinka thought he could do a better job...despite pelinka not actually trying to force him out at any point or doing anything actually betrayal-like.

Tl;dr I think it's possible that magic "felt" betrayed but pelinka didn't actually betray him.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
There's obviously 2 sides to every story but given how Magic normally is and given how he didn't do any sort of character assassination on anybody else, I'm inclined to think Pelinka is slimy and was undermining him.

Emeraldegg
4 weeks ago#220
See the thing to me though is that magic goes on to say that the straw that broke him was not being able to fire walton, who he quotes as saying it was not pelinka, but tim harris, who was moving in on him on that front. So I'm just really confused as to what other way pelinka could be undermining him if the main thing wasn't even his fault by magic's own admission.

I think magic just bit off more than he could chew even with his limited role and won't just attribute his poor run to that.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. NBA Discussion WCF- Western Curry Finals