You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Anagram ranks 73 B8-nominated VGM!

User Info: Anagram

Anagram
1 month ago#71
47. Transdimensional League
Game: Super House of Dead Ninjas
Score: 47
Nominator: MycroProcessor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOhO6PlxoYo
Things I Liked: Nothing specifically
Things I Disliked: That EEYEAH noise that starts every few seconds late into the song

Solid background music as you explore a mansion or forest or something. Nothing about it strikes me as particularly ninja-y, which surprises me, but otherwise I don’t have a lot to say about this.

There’s an almost infinite supply of SNES-era/fake SNES-era music like this where you can just tell it’s a platformer. I’ve played video games my entire life and I can’t really describe in words what makes platformer music platformer-y, but I can just tell, you know? For platformer music, it is a bit softer than I would otherwise expect, which I guess qualifies as the ninja-y aspect I was talking about earlier, and yet there was no doubt in my mind what genre this game was once I heard the first second of music.
Not changing this sig until I decide to change this sig.
Started: July 6, 2005

Anagram
1 month ago#72
46. Nocturne
Game: GiFTPiA
Score: 47/100
Nominator: Place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l43zgCbbfSY
Things I Liked: Nothing
Things I Disliked: Nothing

More light jazz! What is with this crop of nominations and light jazz? Anyway, I put this on, immediately forgot I was listening to a song for ranking purposes, and realized I was supposed to be paying attention at 4:55. Shows you how much of an impression this leaves on me. In all seriousness, saxophones aren’t my thing.

User Info: MycroProcessor

MycroProcessor
1 month ago#73
Anagram posted...

WHOOOAAA 47th place AND 47/100. at least it's one form of victory....no other song has the same score as its ranking position lol
time

Anagram
1 month ago#74
MycroProcessor posted...
Anagram posted...

WHOOOAAA 47th place AND 47/100. at least it's one form of victory....no other song has the same score as its ranking position lol

Heh, didn't notice this.

Anagram
1 month ago#75
- Did some more days, got some more social links, got knowledge to expert one day before the midterms.
- I finally go to Margaret with expert knowledge, and she tells me to wait until we're "linked." I don't even know what that means.
- Eventually we learn that the next victim will be Kanji, a biker guy.
- "He's one scary dude! He even said to the camera 'Get bent!'"
- We go to his family's store and bump into "slender young man," who is obviously a girl based on the voice. I like how biker guy's mother looks like she's sixty even though he's in high school. I mean, it's not impossible, it's just surprising. Also, we find a scarf connected to the first case, dun dun dun.
- "Quick, hide!" *Everyone conspicuously presses against a wall next to a mailbox*
- We learn more information that only confuses the killer's motive.
- Kanji and Obviously-a-Girl meet up in front of the school. I like how I'm offered the choice of who to go with during the investigation, then the game forces me to go with Yukiko anyway.
- Okay, Chie. Look. On Leonhart's suggestion, I forgave the miniskirt backflip. But look, maybe don't get down on all fours while Yosuke hovers behind you. https://i.imgur.com/k9zlt5U.jpg
- This is the longest setup for a gay joke I've ever seen.
- Finally, Kanji appears on the Midnight Channel and acts all fey. I was going to say that this is uncomfortable to watch in 2019, but P5 still had that beach transvestite joke, so I don't even know. I also like how Yukiko got a full-on anime cutscene, but Kanji only gets an in-game cutscene.
- Teddie asks us to get some information about Kanji. No one even tries to tell him that he's a dangerous biker whose mom works in a textile shop. I mean, maybe that's not enough, but I would have at least gave it a shot!
- I visit every single NPC to ask about Kanji except his mother, figuring that it can't be that obvious. Then I go to his mother, who tells me to talk to Obviously-a-Girl.

I feel like I spent all day playing this game and made like no progress.

User Info: NFUN

NFUN
1 month ago#76
Anagram posted...
- Did some more days, got some more social links, got knowledge to expert one day before the midterms.
- I finally go to Margaret with expert knowledge, and she tells me to wait until we're "linked." I don't even know what that means.
- Eventually we learn that the next victim will be Kanji, a biker guy.
- "He's one scary dude! He even said to the camera 'Get bent!'"
- We go to his family's store and bump into "slender young man," who is obviously a girl based on the voice. I like how biker guy's mother looks like she's sixty even though he's in high school. I mean, it's not impossible, it's just surprising. Also, we find a scarf connected to the first case, dun dun dun.
- "Quick, hide!" *Everyone conspicuously presses against a wall next to a mailbox*
- We learn more information that only confuses the killer's motive.
- Kanji and Obviously-a-Girl meet up in front of the school. I like how I'm offered the choice of who to go with during the investigation, then the game forces me to go with Yukiko anyway.
- Okay, Chie. Look. On Leonhart's suggestion, I forgave the miniskirt backflip. But look, maybe don't get down on all fours while Yosuke hovers behind you. https://i.imgur.com/k9zlt5U.jpg
- This is the longest setup for a gay joke I've ever seen.
- Finally, Kanji appears on the Midnight Channel and acts all fey. I was going to say that this is uncomfortable to watch in 2019, but P5 still had that beach transvestite joke, so I don't even know. I also like how Yukiko got a full-on anime cutscene, but Kanji only gets an in-game cutscene.
- Teddie asks us to get some information about Kanji. No one even tries to tell him that he's a dangerous biker whose mom works in a textile shop. I mean, maybe that's not enough, but I would have at least gave it a shot!
- I visit every single NPC to ask about Kanji except his mother, figuring that it can't be that obvious. Then I go to his mother, who tells me to talk to Obviously-a-Girl.

I feel like I spent all day playing this game and made like no progress.
Video Game Music Contest 13 winner: Terraria Calamity - Servants of the Scourge

Anagram
1 month ago#77
Derp
(message deleted)

Anagram
1 month ago#79
45. Important Battle
Game: Crystal Monsters
Nominator: FL81
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y69yk8WORNc
Things I Liked: The buildup from 0:31-0:53
Things I Disliked: Nothing, really

I accidentally wrote this as “Unimportant Battle,” which is a more entertaining name. I like the piano and burst of energy every few seconds after the opening, and I like the buildup from 0:31-0:53, but the rest of the song is forgettable.

User Info: Shonen_Bat

Shonen_Bat
1 month ago#80
Bump.
Hello again.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Anagram ranks 73 B8-nominated VGM!