You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Anagram ranks 73 B8-nominated VGM!

User Info: Anagram

Anagram
1 month ago#51
53. EXEC_FLIP_FUSIONSPHERE/.
Game: Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel
Score: 44/100
Nominator: banshiryuu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE1lomz4U2c
Things I Liked: The voices are nice
Things I Disliked: Nothing about it stands out

A choir of adult women pretending to be teenage girls. I listened to the whole thing only to realize it had left zero impression on me at all.
Not changing this sig until I decide to change this sig.
Started: July 6, 2005

User Info: Hbthebattle

Hbthebattle
1 month ago#52
Survived the bottom 20!
Patience.

User Info: Place

Place
1 month ago#53
Shabadoobie is one of my favorite VGM vocal tracks, lol. Can't see myself doing too well in this since weird stuff doesn't seem to have much appeal to you.
Hi. I wanna play you something.

User Info: Murphiroth

Murphiroth
1 month ago#54
Outlaw Lullaby is a battle theme in one of Kiwami 2's two cities and it's so fun to punch goons with that theme pumping.

Expected a comparison to Cowboy Bebop's opening though!
http://goforbeau.com/

Anagram
1 month ago#55
Murphiroth posted...
Outlaw Lullaby is a battle theme in one of Kiwami 2's two cities and it's so fun to punch goons with that theme pumping.

Expected a comparison to Cowboy Bebop's opening though!

Oh jeez, it's been forever since I watched Cowboy Bebop's opening. All I remember is "Three... two... one... let's jam DODEDODODODODODEEEEEE"

52. Track 02
Game: Slam City with Scottie Pippin
Score: 44/100
Nominator: MoonRunes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATo7bjyjUKw
Things I Liked: Whatcha gonna get? Respect, respect!
Things I Disliked: Nothing

As far as urban hip hop video game music goes, Charles Barkley is unbeatable. Was this really on the Sega CD? If so, that’s impressive. I like the part around 1:00 when the main singer starts singing “Whatcha gonna get?” and the chorus responds “respect,” but I think that’s about it. This is a little slower-paced than I like, and I’m not a rap-type of guy anyway.

Anagram
1 month ago#56
51. Oyu’s Secret
Game: Onimusha 2
Score: 45/100
Nominator: Snake5555555555
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jflv5jL3nVE
Things I Liked: Nothing

Completely unremarkable. I forgot I was listening to it at one point. Based on the music, I feel like this is used during some big emotional scene? Onimusha is one of those series I’ve never touched in my entire life, so the only thing I know about it is that it involves samurai swords. Sorry, I’ve got nothing for this.

Anagram
1 month ago#57
50. Dirge for the Planet
Game: STALKER
Score: 46/100
Nominator: Pirateking2000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTHhYf2rx3w
Things I Liked:
Things I Disliked:

I like how the video calls it “Dirge for Planet,” but the title of the video calls it “Dirge for the Planet.” I was about to say that’s Russia for ya, but then I thought to check and discovered the developers were actually Ukrainian. Phew, saved myself some embarrassment.

The song’s melody itself is okay. It’s sufficiently sad to be about the end of the world and the squandered potential and future of the humanity. My problem with it is largely the lyrics. I have no idea if this was translated from Russian or whatever, but nothing about the lyrics sounds natural. And at one point it rhymes “dead” with “land,” which is the most pathetic attempt at a slant rhyme I’ve ever heard.

The seas overdumped, the rivers are dead /
All planet’s cities turned a deserted land

Tell me that sounds natural. No way. And no, I didn’t forget a “the” in the second line.

User Info: Mac Arrowny

Mac Arrowny
1 month ago#58
Anagram posted...

A choir of adult women pretending to be teenage girls. I listened to the whole thing only to realize it had left zero impression on me at all.

Fusionsphere only has one singer. Not multiple women.
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you.

Anagram
1 month ago#59
Mac Arrowny posted...
Anagram posted...

Fusionsphere only has one singer. Not multiple women.

I have been looking up almost nothing to confirm if I'm right or wrong as I go along, so I'll take your word for it.

Anagram
1 month ago#60
49. The Cold Science of Supremacy
Game: WildStar
Score: 46/100
Nominator: Zigzagoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHAzBaUCcWo
Things I Liked: Fantasy and science sounds mixing is nice

You got your Mass Effect menu screen in my MMO! You got your MMO in my Mass Effect menu screen!

The first chord of this song reminded me of Battle Against a True Hero because I’d listened to it before listening to this song. But in all seriousness, “X is the new WoW killer” should be engraved on the tombstones of at least Warhammer: Age of Chaos, Age of Conan, Aion, and WildStar, and those are just the ones off the top of my head. Anyway, from the name I would guess this is a bad guy song, which is strange, because it gives me more of an impression of quiet study and exploration, FTL-style. I do like how it mixes sciency sounds with fantasy magic sounds, so it gets points for that, but nothing else about it really jumps out to me.

I should say that the 45-55 songs are the ones I don’t really feel strongly about. 46 is in the completely average range to me.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Anagram ranks 73 B8-nominated VGM!