• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Movie and Box Office Topic: Prepping for Endgame

User Info: MetalmindStats

MetalmindStats
2 months ago#121
My domestic weekend predictions for Toy Story 4 and the gang:

1. $146.4 million Toy Story 4
2. $18.0 million Child’s Play
3. $12.6 million Men in Black: International
4. $10.1 million Aladdin
5. $9.7 million The Secret Life of Pets 2
6. $5.3 million Rocketman
7. $4.2 million Shaft
8. $4.2 million Anna
9. $3.7 million John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum
10. $3.7 million Godzilla: King of the Monsters
11. $2.8 million Late Night
12. $2.6 million Dark Phoenix

Better to play it safe and hopefully be pleasantly surprised than shoot for the stars and be let down, I say. With a reduced rush factor, I do think that Toy Story 4 will hold better than Incredibles 2, though, and have no trouble surpassing $500 million domestic.
"I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people who do."
You won the CBX Guru Contest, Advokaiser! Bully for you!

User Info: scarletspeed7

scarletspeed7
2 months ago#122
Being a little conservative eh?

I don't feel conservative about TS4 at all. Disney has proven to be virtually the only draw this year thus far, so I'll happily say that I think this opening could get even more massive. I'll jump in $160m even.
"It is too easy being monsters. Let us try to be human." ~Victor Frankenstein, Penny Dreadful

User Info: ZenOfThunder

ZenOfThunder
2 months ago#123
Toy Story 4 is gonna do like $180million+ opening weekend (including thursday)

there's been like, nothing good for a whole month. it's got a massive marketing campaign and 100% on rotten tomatoes. it's going to f***ing tear the box office up.
Most Quotable Media Ever: Vote Now! - https://bit.ly/2WH2mKz
Advokaiser owns this space and my butt
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: v_charon

v_charon
2 months ago#124
Once this and TLK are out for a few weeks. Disney will own the top 5 movies of the box office year, foreign and domestic.
:>
Truly smilin'

MetalmindStats
2 months ago#125
scarletspeed7 posted...
Disney has proven to be virtually the only draw this year thus far, so I'll happily say that I think this opening could get even more massive. I'll jump in $160m even.

It could reach $160 million, for sure. $12 million on Thursday night isn't a great sign, though - that's only two-thirds of Incredibles 2, though I would also expect TS4 to be more backloaded.

MetalmindStats
2 months ago#126
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/

Welp, Toy Story 4 isn't the savior the summer box office needs. If it plays like Incredibles 2 over the remainder of the weekend, it will crawl past $120 million; however, the latter opened over Father's Day weekend and was more backloaded as such.

User Info: scarletspeed7

scarletspeed7
2 months ago#127
The fact that it's not beating records pretty much seals the deal for me that this is a terrible year for film.
"It is too easy being monsters. Let us try to be human." ~Victor Frankenstein, Penny Dreadful

User Info: v_charon

v_charon
1 month ago#128
The thing is TS has never been a huge opening box office blockbuster. This was still the franchise's highest weekend gross.

I'm still impressed by Aladdin though, dipping less than 30% in its fifth weekend to remain in the top 3, against a 100m+ Disney competition.
:>
Truly smilin'

User Info: colliding

colliding
1 month ago#129
crazy that 120 million isn't considered a success

User Info: CoolCly

CoolCly
1 month ago#130
Endgame is getting a "re-release" this weekend with extra post credit stuff. A deleted scene and a tribute to Stan Lee, and some "surprises". It's pretty blatantly just to get the $40mil it needs to beat Avatar.

This feels like a pretty light update, but maybe it'll draw enough nerds like me out to see it. If they had added a little more juice I think it would work for sure, but I dunno about this. We'll see I guess.

Do you guys think this is cheating? Titanic and Avatar both had theatrical re-releases, so I don't think it's unfair to them. Though I guess that happened because people actually wanted to go see them still.
The batman villians all seem to be one big joke that batman refuses to laugh at - SantaRPG
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Movie and Box Office Topic: Prepping for Endgame
  • Topic Closed