You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Movie and Box Office Topic: Prepping for Endgame

User Info: scarletspeed7

scarletspeed7
4 weeks ago#1
I figured it was time to resuscitate this topic, but I'm going to try and make it more inclusive for actual film discussion too. Spoilers are welcome, but tag them.

It's time to start anticipating what might well be the biggest opening weekend of all time. There are some 300 mil estimates, but most seem to expect 270 mil.

I'm really hoping this movie makes a run on the Avatar worldwide number, but the odds of that are pretty damn slim.

Any predictions? When do you plan to see Avengers?
"It is too easy being monsters. Let us try to be human." ~Victor Frankenstein, Penny Dreadful

User Info: Espeon

Espeon
4 weeks ago#2
I’d just like to take a minute to talk about how The Last Jedi has been unfairly characterized as a bad movie.
Inviso's Most Adorabl-est Eeveelution Ever
http://i.imgur.com/SSw6M9E.gif

scarletspeed7
4 weeks ago#3
Espeon posted...
I’d just like to take a minute to talk about how The Last Jedi has been unfairly characterized as a bad movie.

I don't actually think I know what you think of TLJ!
"It is too easy being monsters. Let us try to be human." ~Victor Frankenstein, Penny Dreadful

User Info: Snake5555555555

Snake5555555555
4 weeks ago#4
It's my brother's birthday that day so probably opening day! If not, hopefully the day after.
Hammer horror, Hammer horror, won't leave me alone!
http://tinyurl.com/yysygfrp (4.26 - TS7)

scarletspeed7
4 weeks ago#5
Snake5555555555 posted...
It's my brother's birthday that day so probably opening day! If not, hopefully the day after.

Normally Marvel movies come out a week or two later, so I am sad this one doesn't come out for my birthday.

User Info: pjbasis

pjbasis
4 weeks ago#6
Maybe it's time I actually try to watch these movies
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr345/Rakaputra/B8%20Girls%202012/pjbas.png

scarletspeed7
4 weeks ago#7
They're fun diversions if nothing else.

User Info: MetalmindStats

MetalmindStats
4 weeks ago#8
It should be very interesting seeing Endgame's numbers, to say the least. The worldwide opening weekend is going to be especially explosive, with simultaneous openings everywhere except Russia. I absolutely think Endgame *can* challenge Avatar, and stranger things have happened at the box office, but it's not exactly probable. That's not least because huge presales don't necessarily translate one-to-one to improvement over opening weekends, let alone an entire run. I'll post a final prediction in this topic this upcoming Thursday.

Detective Pikachu should be another fun one to watch, just because predictions for it are so all over the place that many people are going to be wrong practically regardless of what it makes. Currently, I'm going to predict that it makes about $800 million worldwide, but that could go up or down in these next three weeks.
Hail the reigning Guru champ, Advokaiser!
You proved yourself more statistically metal-minded than I ever have been - well done!

scarletspeed7
4 weeks ago#9
If the US pulls 300 mil for Detective Pikachu, which I saw as a prediction, 800 is a shoo-in. But I don't k ow how it plays against Avengers.

User Info: IfGodCouldDie

IfGodCouldDie
4 weeks ago#10
How many screens do you think are going to be perfectly synced?
Mind post. XBL:Cyanide Sucker PSN:Paters1 IGN:SuperPattyCakes FC: SW-1615-6159-5504
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Movie and Box Office Topic: Prepping for Endgame