You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Final Fantasy Record Keeper: 44th topic for 4th anniversary
April 24th is when the new Dark Abilities (and probably Chain Tornado and Holyja)

I think it was all USBs last fest's lucky draw? If so it should be the same, assuming Dena doesn't backpedal (which is a legit concern though.)
https://i.imgur.com/6AevF0Y.gif
LOL!!!! I hope that's a joke....names don't get more n00bish than that

User Info: Lopen

Lopen
1 month ago#12
It was all LMRs and all OSBs so not all USBs would be strange
No problem!
This is a cute and pop genocide of love!

User Info: Kaxon

Kaxon
1 month ago#13
Guess I need to decide whether that's worth it then. I'm still kind of leaning toward no since it's so much of a crapshoot but I should look at the relic list.
I made a living on time trial blowing myself off to cross the finish line at ludicrous speed. -transience

Lopen
1 month ago#14
Pretty sure USB lucky has better expected value than Realms on Parade for most realms considering all the bad bursts, overstrikes, and legend materia out there.
No problem!

User Info: mccheyne

mccheyne
1 month ago#15
Ricard BSB dupe
Not changing this sig until the Winnipeg Blue Bombers win the grey cup. Started Aug. 16/04

User Info: Ultimaphazon

Ultimaphazon
1 month ago#16
2/3 (my second for this RoP)

Ricard BSB dupe
Emperor BSB2 (Earth+ rod)
Not changing this sig until Caius Ballad is released in FFRK.

User Info: Kaxon

Kaxon
1 month ago#17
Lopen posted...
Pretty sure USB lucky has better expected value than Realms on Parade for most realms considering all the bad bursts, overstrikes, and legend materia out there.

Interesting. This made me compare the EV for 25 mythril on the lucky draw vs 25 mythril doing the ROP for I-V (because those were the first numbers I saw, although arguably I and II are some of the weakest realms so the numbers might be better if you looked at VI-X). I'm assuming .14 chance of a disco/rainbow on the ones that aren't guaranteed.

Lucky draw: 2.4 USBs
Realms:
0.32 AOSB
0.21 CSB
1.56 USB
4.31 5* or OSB

If you value the 5* stuff at all I think Realms is a better deal (especially since Arcanes and Chains are usually better than Ultras) but it's a lot closer than I realized.
I made a living on time trial blowing myself off to cross the finish line at ludicrous speed. -transience

Lopen
1 month ago#18
Pretty sure the weakest realms for ROP are gonna be like FFVI and FFX and FFXII because there are a bunch of garbage overstrikes and outdated bursts in there. Pools are way more diluted even if they have more appealing things at the top end.

But yeah still I think if you're doing all the ROP the USB lucky should still be on your plate is all. Same kinda idea applies to them, superior mythril efficiency over being able to focus your efforts
No problem!

User Info: Xuxon

Xuxon
1 month ago#19
not close at all imo. most USBs are damaging and have little future value. chains are better than even the best USBs. AOSBs aren't always great but at least they aren't about to be obsoleted. even LMRs will soon be more important than USBs, though there are admittedly a lot more useless LMRs than USBs right now and a lot of the good LMRs haven't come out yet.

granted, that's ROP as a whole. stuff like II, XII, T0 might have not been worth pulling on because no chain and i already had Ashe and Maria AOSBs. but even VI definitely had more value - Strago chain, several AOSBs and several key LMRs. X is a bit more arguable but since even Seymour chain would be huge for me i think that was at least better for me.
This line dedicated to guru Advokaiser
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxkdr0uNc91qlu5jao1_r1_400.gif
(edited 1 month ago)

Lopen
1 month ago#20
In theory that way of thinking makes sense. In practice not so much.

1. Awakening soulbreaks are stronger than USBs but you're not going to have a team full of Awakening users for most situations for a LONG time. The game moved away from the idea of having a single "A-Tteam" a long time ago
2. Many Awakening soulbreaks stack favorably with USBs
3. A lot of USBs are healing or buff type

I mean there are some bad USBs in there but most of them are still good.
No problem!
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Final Fantasy Record Keeper: 44th topic for 4th anniversary