You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Shad plays the Kingdom Hearts Series (spoilers)

User Info: Waluigi1

Waluigi1
1 month ago#91
GBA game is a lot more focused on your cards and using the right ones and countering and such. Whereas the 3D version is more focused on the movement and positioning and such. They're mostly just different experiences and I definitely don't remember the bosses being super easy on GBA, not that that is much of a factor anyway.
PSN, and GT: Waluigi1
Switch FC: SW-6848-3841-9099
Waluigi1 posted...
GBA game is a lot more focused on your cards and using the right ones and countering and such.

Not sure how this isn't a focus in both versions

also yea it is kind of a factor, it's a big part of the game!
You were the cancer, that's all you'll ever be
...and when the Clouds cleared,Advokaiser stood alone as CBX Guru Champ

User Info: Waluigi1

Waluigi1
1 month ago#93
Cause positioning almost didn't matter in GBA, it was really hard and rare to actually dodge attacks yourself. So you had to use the cards a little more wisely.
PSN, and GT: Waluigi1
Switch FC: SW-6848-3841-9099

User Info: red13n

red13n
1 month ago#94
Waluigi1 posted...
GBA game is a lot more focused on your cards and using the right ones and countering and such. Whereas the 3D version is more focused on the movement and positioning and such. They're mostly just different experiences and I definitely don't remember the bosses being super easy on GBA, not that that is much of a factor anyway.

You'd think so, but most boss battles can actually be completed while almost entirely ignoring positioning.
"First thing that crosses my mind: I didn't get any GameFAQs Karma yesterday." Math Murderer after getting his appendix removed.
GBA version bosses couldn't do s*** to your health bar, you would be a powerhouse compared to them

Re:CoM you can still make yourself into a powerhouse but they beefed up the bosses as well
You were the cancer, that's all you'll ever be
...and when the Clouds cleared,Advokaiser stood alone as CBX Guru Champ
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: BK_Sheikah00

BK_Sheikah00
1 month ago#96
Re:Com is sleight spam. And I prefer it over the GBA version
Singing my song for my dream
http://i.imgur.com/v58wdlU.png

User Info: Shaduln

Shaduln
1 month ago#97
Man, Riku mode is a bunch of fun.

Getting to do sleights with Mickey, excuse me, The King, is just good s***.
Emperor of Board 8
We swore that death will do us part, they'll call our crimes a work of art.

User Info: Shaduln

Shaduln
1 month ago#98
(And they're even better when I'm in darkness mode of course)
Emperor of Board 8
We swore that death will do us part, they'll call our crimes a work of art.

User Info: pjbasis

pjbasis
1 month ago#99
It's hard to say about difficulty because I found Re:com to be pretty pushover-y as well.

In fact all the fancy boss moves felt like it actually hindered their effectiveness because it gave me that much time to find a zero card and just stop them dead in their tracks. I had to let bosses hit me so I could see the cool animations.

I haven't played the gba version in a long ass time so I can't really compare them, but since you can't actually play it on Proud mode it probably wouldn't be harder anyway even if you get hit a little more.
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr345/Rakaputra/B8%20Girls%202012/pjbas.png

User Info: pjbasis

pjbasis
1 month ago#100
It's more like the GBA game was an A+ game in production values. The remake feels low budget in comparison since it reuses so many assets and switches to ugly ass text boxes for the disney worlds with really bare environments.

It doesn't feel good to play as a fully modeled KH1 Sora and be so limited in how he interacts with the world. Also normal enemy encounters are weird because you have all these guys standing around but they can't attack you like in KH1 because they're also playing with the cards one at a time like you. It just comes down to the compactness of the GBA screen and stuff fitting the game a lot more.

The remake is really good though otherwise. Still f***ing upset we couldn't get english lip-sync for the cutscenes though what the hell
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr345/Rakaputra/B8%20Girls%202012/pjbas.png
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Shad plays the Kingdom Hearts Series (spoilers)