You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Shad plays the Kingdom Hearts Series (spoilers)

User Info: pjbasis

pjbasis
4 weeks ago#101
AND

the writing is better in the gba game. But that's because for whatever reason the localization of text is far superior to the localization of the cutscenes.

There's a point in Days where a voiced cutscene starts and you can feel the IQ in the script bleed away.
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr345/Rakaputra/B8%20Girls%202012/pjbas.png
I don't quite remember the writing being any better or worse in either version tbh. I could see it being that a lot of the lines just seemed worse being said out loud because.....it's Kingdom Hearts, you know what you're getting with the scripts and I wouldn't have it any other way lol

But I was gonna say in one of my earlier posts about the spritework, it is dropdead gorgeous. Re:CoM was definitely on a more limited budget with reused assets and whatnot, I remember being shocked it was even a thing when it first came out!
You were the cancer, that's all you'll ever be
...and when the Clouds cleared,Advokaiser stood alone as CBX Guru Champ

User Info: Shaduln

Shaduln
4 weeks ago#103
Beat the Monstro boss (parasite cage) just barely.

I don't think I mentioned it here, but I'm working on doing this without any continues for a trophy. So, glad I beat it.
Emperor of Board 8
We swore that death will do us part, they'll call our crimes a work of art.
WAIT there is one line change that is unfortunate

They took out Axel saying hell, I remember loving that line and when I got to the point in Re being so sad
You were the cancer, that's all you'll ever be
...and when the Clouds cleared,Advokaiser stood alone as CBX Guru Champ

pjbasis
4 weeks ago#105
That wasn't even just a line change.
Axel's character was the thing that changed at that point.

In the original game he's f***ing ecstatic about all the string pulling he's doing. As if the goal was to sow chaos and watch everyone else's reaction. It was damn mysterious but really exciting wondering what his goal was.

In the updated canon he's just following ??? orders. He chuckles to himself that he might be enjoying the double-crossing, but it's clear he wasn't really doing it in a self-driven way. And really that was just thrown in because otherwise we'd really know Nomura had no idea what he was doing with Axel's character back then.

Realized that could be spoilers for Shad. maybe
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Grand Kirby

Grand Kirby
4 weeks ago#106
pjbasis posted...
AND

the writing is better in the gba game. But that's because for whatever reason the localization of text is far superior to the localization of the cutscenes.

There's a point in Days where a voiced cutscene starts and you can feel the IQ in the script bleed away.

There's also the fact that all the cutscenes in Re:CoM are FMV movies, and not produced by the in-game engine (even though it doesn't look like it. The game is weird like that). So all the dubbed dialogue had to fit in the mouth flaps, as opposed to the other games in the series where they go out of the way to redo the mouth movements for the dub script to fit in.

The HD versions of 358/Days and coded have the same problem. If you directly compare cutscenes from the original version to the remakes you can clearly tell how nearly the entire script had to be reshuffled and altered awkwardly to fit properly in the new version.
Okay, I rolled a 14. What's that mean? Hsu
That you're a cheater. This is a 12-sided die. Chan

pjbasis
4 weeks ago#107
many good points.

I'm not sure if it was clear in my post but I was specifically referring to the original game, going from written text to a voiced cutscene.

Like the conversation about girls in Days actually sounds like people talking to each other. A rarity in KH.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Shaduln
4 weeks ago#108
Oof I don't like this deck, too many low number cards.
Emperor of Board 8

User Info: Grand Kirby

Grand Kirby
4 weeks ago#109
Wonderland?
Okay, I rolled a 14. What's that mean? Hsu
That you're a cheater. This is a 12-sided die. Chan

Shaduln
4 weeks ago#110
Grand Kirby posted...
Wonderland?

Neverland.
Emperor of Board 8
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Shad plays the Kingdom Hearts Series (spoilers)