• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Mycro ranks the 278 VGM tracks that were nominated by BOARD EIGHT [rankings] 2

User Info: Zyxyz0

Zyxyz0
4 weeks ago#151
making sure this is Still Alive (imagine whichever version you like as the reference)
Archive of my and others' playthrough/ranking topics, fanfiction recs, etc:
http://zyxyzarchive.x10host.com/

User Info: MycroProcessor

MycroProcessor
3 weeks ago#152
just want to express this here.

probably taking an adequate sized break before getting back to this. lots of reasons for this

things are busy for me right now obligation-wise. also i am hosting place&pacific to stay at my house as they're in the process of moving to my city.

more importantly: i am also incredibly incredibly mentally unhealthy right now, particularly in terms of very poor judgement/restraint on vile things that i will say to people, lack of control over myself is a problem i perpetually have had my whole life, but this last month or so is far worse than usual.

i've already hurt multiple members of this community within this month as a result, and i can't apologize enough to those impacted by my arbitrary unwarranted vitriol. this is absolutely my fault and no one deserved to have to endure any of the ways i've harmed people here. i don't want to make this about me, there are people who've been harmed by my behavior here who did not deserve it and i do not want too risk subjecting anyone else to any more of that.

at the moment it is probably best if i do not immerse myself too deeply in an environment where i have the potential to hurt even more people so i will not force myself to continue this until I am back to a more stable state of mind. this could take a week, could take multiple weeks. could take months.

i do not want to abandon this project but just want to be honest with myself that it's not a good idea for myself (or others) to tie myself too tightly to a community i'm continuously lashing out in

thank you for listening and i apologize for diving into a particularly serious topic in a thread that's just supposed to be fun. i apologize to anyone who i've hurt. hopefully things can go back to normal soon.
time

User Info: Haste_2

Haste_2
3 weeks ago#153
I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. I've been having major mental issues myself as of late that make me feel intensely broken. I'm impressed, though, by your willingness to show regret and apologize. I don't see that too often online. That's definitely a sign of strength of character. I hope the break can help you out.

I guess it's a good time for me to get cracking on my own VGM-ranking project!
"Ah, a party! We haven't had one of those. It could be fun! So... what is a party?"
"Well, you drink punch and eat CAKE! ...I think."

User Info: Mr Lasastryke

Mr Lasastryke
3 weeks ago#154
i'll echo what haste said about the apologizing thing. people apologizing for (unwarrantedly) saying hurtful things is something that happens way too rarely, especially on this board.

totally understand that a break is necessary. take care buddy. (though i wish i had more than one of my noms ranked now!!)
Geothermal terpsichorean ejectamenta

User Info: Toxtricity

Toxtricity
3 weeks ago#155
just to give a "maybe concrete date" or something. thinking about getting back to this on the 26th

oh also yeah i have a pokemon account now thank you "favorite sword/shield new pokemon" this might become my new main account we'll see

User Info: DragonImps

DragonImps
3 weeks ago#156
Based username

Haste_2
3 weeks ago#157
I've just finished my 29th write-up. I can't believe my (extremely rough) preliminary rankings of the VGMC retirees from a year ago had Positive Force from VVVVVV 29th from the bottom! What an excellent piece of music it is. It will likely end up in the top 50 once I redo my rankings.
"Ah, a party! We haven't had one of those. It could be fun! So... what is a party?"

User Info: Toxtricity

Toxtricity
1 week ago#158
"soon"

Haste_2
1 week ago#159
Just finished 50 write-ups. 130 to go. Phew. This takes a long time. Maybe I can get three or four more in tonight. If I can get 15 write-ups done a week, I can get this done by early February. Just in time for the next VGMC.....
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Mycro ranks the 278 VGM tracks that were nominated by BOARD EIGHT [rankings] 2
  • Post New Message