• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Umineko readthrough part 4 by Arria (blind) and Kira (2nd reading) SPOILERS OKAY

User Info: Eerieka

Eerieka
7 months ago#41
(For some context, this is the first time Arria has seen Shannon after coming up with her Shannon-culprit theory. She wasn't entirely on board with the idea, but she did enjoy hamming it up as she did in this scene).

Shannon: I know everything about you, Kanon-kun.”
A: I keep it in this file. This one is just a copy. The real one is kept in an off-site location

Kanon: Your head and heart are completely filled by George-sama!
A: that’s not all that’s filled by George-sama, eh, eh? *elbow bump*

Kanon: I’m rooting for you, Shannon!
A: I will be your faithful Igor! Don’t kill me!

Kanon: But I love Milady!
A: And I don’t know what to do with it! I have all these feelings since she gave me that notebook in elementary school and I don’t know what to do with it!

Kanon: What should I do?!
A: Throw her in the pit dug in the basement! She’ll be safe there!
(I thought she said “pit dog”)
A: Yes, throw her in the pit with the pit bull! It’ll either kill her or love her to death
Account created-9/10/04. Just a normal GameFAQs user/leprechaun
Ramza: rofl. Rofel: You say my name? -Eise

Eerieka
7 months ago#42
We took a moment to pause and look at profiles.
A: I like that Kinzo is greyed out already.
She went to the Eiserne Jungfrau
A: I like Gertrude’s appearance more than Cornelia
K: I think I prefer Cornelia. Gertrude is almost too tall, and she looks awkward in her uniform.
A: She looks graceful.
K: I prefer Cornelia’s stocky soldier-like look
A: Also, I like how they’re designed so you can see a little bit of their ass
K: Ryukishi has his fetishes…

Kanon: I cannot bear to fall in love again
A: Did you fall in love once before and get your heart broken? Because that would probably bump you up the character ranking, you little ass***

Kanon: Thank you for showing me the sea is blue…
A: Please make sure the restraints are tight.

They talk about how only one can achieve happiness
A: Only one of us can blow up Rokkenjima! It shall be me!

Game: We have no choice but to hurt each other
A: Why do you not have any choice but to hurt each other? I’m mostly joking around with pretending you’re the culprit, but the more you talk about stuff like this, the more I wonder…

A: I’m guessing even if one of them isn’t the culprit, this scene means a lot more than I’m seeing.
K: Yeah…
A: This is starting to seem like either a murder pact or a suicide pact. Either way it’s sad. All this s*** about how only one of them can be happy? Highly suspicious!

Eerieka
7 months ago#43
Rudolf talks about Kanon looks so “gallant and strong”
A: yes, we all know what puberty is
Then Eva says he used to look anemic
A: f***ing Eva. Kanon is now thinking ‘this is why my sister has a stake with your name on it.’

Kanon and Kumasawa talk, Kanon asking if he really looks different
A: I like how their sprites don’t change so they kinda look like they’re being a******s
K: *chuckle*
Then Kumasawa chuckles the EXACT way I just did, and it made us laugh harder
A: I hate how meta you are sometimes.

Kanon asks Jessica the same question
A: Jessica looks like she wants to say “YES NOW f*** ME ALREADY” but she can’t. She looks so guilty in that sprite.

Kanon talks about how dazzling Jessica is
A: Is he saying this out loud?
Game: Jessica faltered, unsure what Kanon was saying
A: Yep, he said that out loud. We’ve gone from progress back to hiding in the bushes. You’re not helping your cause, Kanon.

Eerieka
7 months ago#44
Kanon says he would leave if Shannon leaves
A: Honey, the path you chose will not lead anywhere good.

Jessica: You’re not furniture! Enjoy your life more!
A: I’m sure with your “ahem” affection, he could enjoy his life a lot more.

Kanon: I’ve decided to stop being furniture. Just be patient
A: I just have to murder half your family first. Shannon has the other half. We drew lots.

Jessica says Kanon should call her Jessica and not Milady, at least in private not in public
A: Yes, because if Natsuhi hears that, she’ll have Genji take him out behind the woodshed. Aaand, my brain just went to bad places. I meant to spank him! And yes, I would also spank Genji…

Jessica makes Kanon call her “Jessica” but he has to add ‘san’ because it’s embarrassing otherwise
A: This is so cute. Even if it is just Battler playing with his dolls… which includes his cousin

Kanon reveals his name as Yoshiya.
A: Oh my god finally.
And then Kanon calls Jessica “My lady Jessica” and she gets really into it.
A: Methinks someone is a little excited at being called that. Do you need a new pair of panties, Jessica?

Eerieka
7 months ago#45
We talk about the power behind names. Arria said that this whole “true name” thing bugs her, and it stems from when she watched Spirited Away and “you can have your name taken away.” I was about to ask her what it might mean in Umineko, but I don’t want to ask too many questions yet that will give stuff away.

We stopped here for the night.

A few nights later, she sent this text:

A: Time for Crazy Arria’s Convoluted Theory Corner. You have told me once that men have a harder time with Umineko than women do. Is it because men tend to be oblivious to emotions, their own and other peoples’? The sentence that has been repeated so often throughout the series “without love it cannot be seen” “it” refers to the truth which Battler only got to once he realized he was in love with Beato and that she loved him in her own messed up way. . The snippet in the beginning shows a wedding typically a symbol of love. Is Battler setting up the game to try and make Erika feel love and to find the truth? Yes I know there was nothing a normal person would consider loving there, but Erikas show affection in weird sometimes torturous ways. Maybe he is taking that into account. Love has been a pretty common theme in the B-roll footage for the game, especially on the Witch side. I like the idea of Battler flummoxing Erika with emotion instead of cold logic.
K: Ooh nice ideas, I like them
A: Thank you again for having us play Umineko. Its advice is very useful
K: Sounds like something juicy happened. How did it give you good advice?
A: The stop caring about what unimportant people think lesson given to Ange. Also a heaping helping of Kanon’s mindset for work. My new mantra for working with this manager is “Not human. FURNITURE.”
K: Haha

Eerieka
7 months ago#46
Day 39 02/08/19

Before we played, Arria mentioned that she has taken on the name “Featherine” for use online and in games and whatnot.
K: You grew really attached to her really fast
A: Day 1! As soon as we saw her, I knew I wanted to use her name. I love her already.
K: It’s fine. I think you might be Featherine’s biggest fan, though
A: What about you? Didn’t you fall in love with Erika right away?
K: Well, I was happy her name was Erika, but it took me a moment to get over her blue hair. Her personality made up for it, though.
A: You say that like her personality is one of her positives
K: It is! She’s great!
A: She’s the f***ing captain of the rape boat!
K: *laugh* You have no idea how accurate that statement is… *thinking about Ep 8 where Erika is the captain of the ship trying to take over the Golden Land*
A: Sometimes you say things that scare me… Or like the text you sent about furniture. Now I’m sitting back here and thinking “oh god, what is furniture? Are Shannon and Kanon sex slaves!?”
K: *laughs* You’ll see.

Before we started reading, Arria read their profiles, since she hadn’t done so yet and thought they might have changed something. On Rudolf’s page, it mentions Asumu dying 6 years ago
A: Did Battler kill his mother?
K: I don’t know. Maybe…~
A: Could that be his sin?

Reading Jessica’s profile, it says that it is assumed her husband will take headship of the family
A: How f***ed is this family?
K: We’ve gotten 6 episodes to know them!
A: With how concerned they are about outsiders taking the inheritance, what are the odds they want to marry her off to George or Battler?
K: Interesting thought…

On Bernkastel’s profile:
A: *cute voice* She has a kitty tail~

Eerieka
7 months ago#47
K: So let’s talk about some things. Any thoughts so far about… anything? Specifically Ep 5
A: First about Ep 5, can I just say… HOLY f***. That came out of left field. Him taking over the gameboard and being like “move along b****es, you’re in my house now.” And the thing with the gold truth. Very cool, but also very out of left field.

A: Also, I get the feeling Erika’s not going to be a detective this time around. They’ll get someone else. They’ll get f***ing Natsuhi or someone to be the detective.

A: The demon announcers? They came out of f***ing nowhere when I was least expecting to have two new characters. I hardly remember them. I sorta remember their colors, but…
K: We might get to them later today
A: *reloads Ep 6 from the beginning* I want to see them now!
Zepar appears
A: Oh god I forgot how totally f***ed this one’s voice is.
K: *laughs*
A: Are they Bern and Lambda’s new pieces? The whole hand-holding thing and “Hehe! Love!” seems lesbian enough to be them. Or maybe they’re Battler’s new pieces. A new game master, new pieces. Actually yeah, if he’s trying to f*** with Erika regarding love, that’s totally what they are.

Zepar and Furfur go on about how great love is
A: This really does feel like Battler trying to create an NPC for the first time, and well… he got that.
K: I think the two demons in Ars Goetia they are based on have something to do with love. *I read them on Wikipedia. Both Wikipedia entries call Zepar and Furfur male*
A: So these are men?
K: This is just their entries in Ars Goetia where everyone is male. Even Gaap is male.

User Info: Mega Mana

Mega Mana
7 months ago#48
Zepar and Furfur go on about how great love is
A: This really does feel like Battler trying to create an NPC for the first time, and well… he got that.
K: I think the two demons in Ars Goetia they are based on have something to do with love. *I read them on Wikipedia. Both Wikipedia entries call Zepar and Furfur male*
A: So these are men?
K: This is just their entries in Ars Goetia where everyone is male. Even Gaap is male.

Bwahahahaha!

Walrus confirmed
"In my headcanon, some staffer saw Trump pull out his phone and start typing so they just Terry Tate Office Linebacker'd him out of his shoes." - FFD

Eerieka
7 months ago#49
Back to the game… We’re with Featherine and Ange and they’re talking about how Beatrice is a poor replacement for the original, but it’s sad because it’s not her fault she was created
A: This is sad. Also, is Battler going full Kinzo here? Just like how Kinzo had his replacement Beatrice, now Battler has his. Is the whole Ushiromiya family going to have replacement goldfish? Is this how we end up with a million Beatrices? Beatri?

Featherine says time is nothing in the world of gods, and six years can be a thousand.
A: So basically Beatrice was born six years ago.

Ange mentions that Battler stopped visiting Rokkenjima 6 years ago and stopped using the Ushiromiya name
A: How old is Ange again?
K Ange now or in the past?
A: Sorry, yeah, how old is she when the murders happen?
K: 6, I think? I think she was born around the time Asumu died
A: But she remembers things like Battler giving her the hair pins. So he must have visited her, at least.
K: Yeah. He stayed off Rokkenjima and didn’t go to the conferences, but he still visited his imouto on occasion.

A: How about this? Battler finds out that dad was cheating on Asumu with Kyrie because Rudolf likes to get his dick into all the things. They get into a scuffle, he accidentally knocks Asumu down the stairs and causes her to miscarry. Hmm...

A: The other thought is Kyrie killed Asumu and Battler kept his mouth shut. No reason for him to do that, except out of fear. But he has so much bravado, and he doesn’t seem to fear her. He seems to like her actually. Unless it was an accident… or he thought it was an accident. We know she was absolutely torn by jealousy and envy. I’ll be honest, I still don’t think murder is beyond her. The moment I saw her sprite, I was like “yep! I can see you stabbing someone in the back with a boot knife!”
(I initially typed “stabbed someone in the boot with a back knife.” I told Arria about my typo and she’s laughing her ass off.)
A: Wonder what a back knife is? “Well officer, I found this knife in someone’s back. I didn’t kill them, I swear! I just used it to stab his boots!”

Eerieka
7 months ago#50
A: Battler was right. Too much happened 6 years ago, but they have to all be connected. Something triggered it all.

Battler moved out to live with his grandparents. Asumu died. Ange was born. Rudolf married Kyrie. I don’t know how big of a time gap there is with all that, but… somewhere in there is his sin. And that’s just the Battler-oriented things.
We know Battler is not actually Asumu’s kid. And if we got with the “Kyrie’s kid” theory, and they swapped babies, that’s a dark f***ing theory… it wouldn’t matter to the Ushiromiyas since he would still have the same sire, which is all that’s important to them.
At that point, Battler’s crime ranged from actively murdering someone to walking out on his family. I suppose the possibility that him walking out on his family caused Kyrie to slip further into her mental state, which is what’s causing all the murders now.

A: When did the shrine get blown up? Was that 6 years ago or last year?
K: I don’t recall exactly, but I thought George said something about how it was there 'last year'.

A: Kyrie does and does not fit as a culprit. She does because she would absolutely kill a man. She just doesn’t fit into the family. She has no way of knowing the bomb exists. She doesn’t need money – she’s part of the f***ing yakuza. She can get money through other means. No reason to start this insane plot. Although she would have access to cheap Made in USA paperweights. And if Kyrie is the culprit, Rudolf is going with her as a henchman because he can’t do his own thinking. Am I projecting? A little. All the rambling I’ve done in the last few minutes might be a little projecting.

A: Also, Kyrie was the one to teach us the critical thinking skills required for this game. It would be a bit odd for the culprit to do that.
(edited 7 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Umineko readthrough part 4 by Arria (blind) and Kira (2nd reading) SPOILERS OKAY
  • Post New Message