• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Umineko readthrough part 4 by Arria (blind) and Kira (2nd reading) SPOILERS OKAY

User Info: Eerieka

Eerieka
8 months ago#21
Hachijo’s name is mentioned
A: Should I know this name?
K: Nah, just keep going. You’ll see her soon. I kinda wonder what you’ll think of her
She appears
A: Oooh, pretty! I love her purple hime-cut hair. Can we see the rest of her outfit? (She tried to go into the profile section too early)
K: Soon. Her dress sorta goes in to her legs and back out. It’s different, but pretty.
A: She’s basically Arria (her character). I love her already!

K: I feel like, if I took you and gave you an infinite amount of time and told you to create an infinite amount of characters, you would eventually create her. She has another name, too, and I think you would eventually name her.
A: I can’t wait to see what you think I’d name a character.

We then talk about her Japanese name, what it means, etc, as well as her long name starting with Itou, only for Ange to explain it a minute later.

They talk about the Forgeries.
A: I love absolutely meta this is. Also, how f***ed up for Ange is it that the death of her family has become a massive meme? And not a good meme! The worst meme!
K: Do you see what’s going on with the Forgeries, though?
A: They’re all different Fragments?
K: Exactly. And different episodes that we’ve been reading
A: Oh! That makes sense. So did we read the original 2 bottles, and then now we’re reading Forgeries by… Hachijo? or Hachijo and others?
K: I believe Ep 3, 4, and 5 are all Hachijo’s forgeries.
A: Cool! I like her more and more.
(Arria then remembered something we talked about earlier.)
A: So if she’s on this level of story-writing, she’s a witch. A creator witch
K: Precisely
(I’m not too worried about spoiling it since she gets her witch form pretty soon)
Account created-9/10/04. Just a normal GameFAQs user/leprechaun
Ramza: rofl. Rofel: You say my name? -Eise

Eerieka
8 months ago#22
The game mentions that people started to believe Hachijo’s stories were true
A: The idea that it’s true because people believe it’s true

One of the background pieces shows a painting which looks like the forest Rosa ran through in Ep 2. Arria asked when that event happened, thinking it was in Ep 3, because she thought it would be cool if Hachijo had an “artist depiction” of a scene she’d written.
A: And yeah, there’s three clocks in this room. She has too many clocks! It’s creepy! I do like her plants, though… also, not sure why she’s lighting her house with a bunch of kerosene lamps.
K: She has an image to maintain

We see a background with a TON of books.
A: More proof that she is Arria. I too stack my books like that when I run out of space!
(I thought there was a mention of books in the text, so I asked her what happened. The reason I asked is because Hachijo’s library is another thing that makes me think of Arria)
K: Ah. I’ll talk about it later, but she has a much more impressive library than this.

A: So is she supposed to represent Ryukishi’s friend who died?
K: No, she IS Ryukishi himself
A: *startled* OH. Oh, I didn’t see that one coming. Didn’t you say something a long time ago about how Ryukishi might be a woman and just gets a stand-in for cons and signings?
K: Eh, it’s a fan theory.

Eerieka
8 months ago#23
A: Also, is this Ryukishi speaking to the characters in his head? Like, “and then I would say this, and then Ange would be angry.” Oh man, this is why I don’t talk to the Arria in my head anymore. Remember Re:Creators? Since watching that, I don’t talk to the voices in my head! If she came to life, she would want my head on a platter.

Hachijo pulls out the script of the game we’re reading
A: Reminds me of this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzeqbws7FiE
A: I realize I’ve degenerated into nothing but memes and movie clips.

Ange asks “whose piece am I this time?”
A: And now we’re playing wizard chess, where you have to actually command your pieces, and they can say no.

Hachijo reveals her witch form
A: OOOOHHH *clicks on profile to see the whole dress. It hasn’t appeared yet* Awww…
K: It’ll probably show up when it reveals her name
A: Okay. Also, I get it. Dragon horns, the medals. She’s the Dragon Knight
K: I like that interpretation. There’s also a reference to Higurashi in her. (I mention Hanyuu)

Ange has a sprite where she lifts her hand and you can see the Head’s ring
A: That’s a nice touch! I like it, artists.

Eerieka
8 months ago#24
A: God I love her outfit
K: You can’t see it, but she’s holding a cane, too.
A: I was wondering why her hand was at that weird angle
K: And her dress is so long her cane is stomping on it
A: *laughs*

Ange agrees to become Reader and miko
K: I don’t know if I’ve ever called you my miko when I ask you to read my story, but I’ve been awfully close a few times
A: *laughs* You may have? I’m not sure.
K: I know there have been times when I was about to do it, but then I stopped because I thought ‘oh jeez, Arria is going to think I’m telling her to worship me.’
A: Haha. So what is this miko business in Umineko? A person who reads a book is a miko of that book? So if I read Turncoat, I’m a miko of The Dresden Files?
K: No, I think it’s that you become the miko of the author. So you would be Jim Butcher’s miko.
A: Okay. Not a sentence I thought I’d ever think about, but I like the concept!

She introduces herself as Featherine Augustus Aurora
A: YEP! That is a name I would name a character! You called it! Aurora is also (the character Arria’s) middle name!
K: I know! So now you see, for a long time, just as I’ve always self-inserted as Erika in this story, I’ve imagined you as Featherine.
A: Yes! I love her!
K: Also, you might be able to see her full outfit in the profiles now
A: *she opens it* oooh, she’s so pretty. I love her outfit! I also love how these are colors of the aurora in her skirt. I would totally cosplay as her. Or go to a pride parade dressed as her.

A: I’m stealing this character, Like, I’m going to start naming things Featherine. Starting with my Arria’s horse that I’ve been playing with in my head. The horse is something of a prima donna, so I think it’s fitting she is named after the Witch of Theatregoing and Drama.

Eerieka
8 months ago#25
A: So is Ange the detective in this game?
K: She’s just a reader. Like you if you’re reading Agatha Christie, you’re a reader, Poirot is the detective. But do pay attention to who the detective is.
A: Gonna go on a limb and say “not Battler!”
K: Probably safe limb to go out on!

Back to the witches
A: So are they aware of Featherine’s existence?
K: *thinking* Kinda. On a witch level, they are
A: Okay, fair.

Bern says “I don’t care what it is, as long as it’s fun enough to relieve my boredom and crush it.”
A: I misread that as ‘relieve my bedroom’

Bern says she made a lot of funny faces last game and is gonna get wrinkles
A: b**** please, you’re 12 in witch years. You might be a billion in human years, but you’re still a loli!

Eerieka
8 months ago#26
Then Bern mentions that no one knows who invented chess
Arria has a moment of “oh yeah, that is true… and sad.”
Lambda then says exactly that.
A: I love and hate that I just had a Lambdadelta moment.
K: Everyone in the topic is hoping you’ll eventually come to like her. It’ll happen!
A: She’s not easy to like right away…

They talk about how Battler was unable to do things until he became a witch/sorcerer
A: This reminds me of how I want to write a text adventure. Like, yes, I have the idea, but I don’t have the programming ability. So Battler did the equivalent of sitting in front of a mod kit trying to figure out “okay, so then I can put the shrub here like… this”

The witches are concerned when Beatrice comes in with “an elegant curtsy”
A: Not normal

The childish “chick” Beatrice shows up and she calls Battler “Otou-sama”
A: Yeah *nods furiously* That’s not okay! That is creepy! I would be less worried if she’d come bursting in with an ahaha.wav!

User Info: Popcorn_Fairy

Popcorn_Fairy
8 months ago#27
Eerieka posted...
K: Everyone in the topic is hoping you’ll eventually come to like her. It’ll happen!

Lambda is the real MVP
https://i.imgtc.com/mXVOxDD.gif

Eerieka
8 months ago#28
A: So has Battler become Kinzo at this point? Also, if Kinzo DID f*** Beatrice and make a daughter, and then f***ed that daughter, would their child be ¾ Kinzo and ¼ Beatrice? Is that his goal? To make the next Head a person who is as much Kinzo as he can get?

Then Battler talks, but we don’t see his sprite yet
A: Please don’t be wearing Kinzo’s outfit. Please don’t be wearing Kinzo’s outfit. Please don’t be wearing Kinzo’s outfit
He appears
A: *sigh* Okay, it’s not Kinzo’s outfit… but it’s similar. Also, after reading the Dresden Files, any time I see a wizard cape like this, I want to arch my back and hiss like a cat

Battler and Beatrice talk about calling him “Battler” and not “Otou-sama”
A: I’m not sure how I feel about this. Let’s start with this word: Uncomfortable
The narration says the witches were standing to the side with their mouths hanging open. Dlanor also has a moment of ‘wtf’
A: I like how we’re on the witch’s side in this situation. Like, you’re either with these b****es, or the weird possibly-incestuous pedo who made a sex doll?

Eerieka
8 months ago#29
Popcorn_Fairy posted...
Eerieka posted...

Lambda is the real MVP

Quote from Arria: Don't you mean MVW?

~~~

Lambda then tells them to get the game started
A: She’s like “Okay, I don’t give a s*** about what sex doll you have hiding in your basement! Nobody is going into anybody’s basement! Let’s get the game going.” Which makes me think Lambdadelta is hiding something really bad in her basement. Probably the whole of Higurashi.

A: Another thing I like is the difference between Battler here and Battler in, like, the start of Ep 3. Then he was being literally tortured by stakes. Now he’s the god damn Game Master, all *pretends to straighten tie* “Let us begin.”

A: Also, you’re right. Episode 6 is making me want to smash my head against a wall. I need more whiskey if I’m gonna get through this.

Back to Ange and Featherine. They talk about chess pieces and pawns
A: This is going to give me some chess PTSD. Like, one day I’m gonna be playing chess and feel bad about sacrificing my pawn.

Eerieka
8 months ago#30
Featherine talks about Sakurtaro and how Maria lost “that completely unique stuffed animal”
A: I can TASTE the sarcasm in her voice.

A: I just had an idea! When we do let’s plays, we should call ourselves “The Voyager Witches.” That’s what we are! We are witches staving off boredom by enjoying stories.
K: Ooh, yes! I am Kira, Witch of Imagination
A: I can be Arria, Witch of… *thinks about it for a while* Hedonism.
(Yes, I know it’s super cringey for two 29 year old women to play with their OCs, but f*** you, we like it)
A: Also, we’re going to start referring to ourselves as mikos when we read stories
K: *laughs* Sure, let’s do it.

Featherine says that Bern mentioned Beatrice’s true nature in Ep 1.
A: Have Bern and Lambda existed that long? I thought Ep 1 was all “normal”
K: She was in the second tea party.
A: Oh, okay. Also, am I supposed to remember this? What Beato’s true nature was?
K: They talk about it. Keep reading
They say Beato is a representation of the rules
A: So she’s a database. Got it.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Umineko readthrough part 4 by Arria (blind) and Kira (2nd reading) SPOILERS OKAY
  • Post New Message