You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Umineko readthrough part 4 by Arria (blind) and Kira (2nd reading) SPOILERS OKAY

User Info: Cyouni

Cyouni
1 month ago#101
Eerieka posted...
Oooh, between all the ‘envy math’ we are told that Shannon has about three shifts per week at the Ushiromiya mansion. This was something I was wondering earlier, since I figured Shannon and Kanon have never been on duty at the same time. If Shannon and Kanon each have three shifts, possibly on different days, it would make sense. I mean, she’d be working 6 days a week and that sucks, but it’s possible…

I think the other thing to consider is that Yasu has 0 life outside the Ushiromiya mansion. Schooled on the island, works on the island - I think the only times Yasu's really been off the island are the aquarium vacation with George and Separate Rooms, and Jessica's school festival.

User Info: Eerieka

Eerieka
1 month ago#102
Cyouni posted...
Eerieka posted...
Oooh, between all the ‘envy math’ we are told that Shannon has about three shifts per week at the Ushiromiya mansion. This was something I was wondering earlier, since I figured Shannon and Kanon have never been on duty at the same time. If Shannon and Kanon each have three shifts, possibly on different days, it would make sense. I mean, she’d be working 6 days a week and that sucks, but it’s possible…

I think the other thing to consider is that Yasu has 0 life outside the Ushiromiya mansion. Schooled on the island, works on the island - I think the only times Yasu's really been off the island are the aquarium vacation with George and Separate Rooms, and Jessica's school festival.

True. I just liked having some confirmation of how the Shannon/Kanon logistics worked. If I had been told that both work 5 days a week, my take-away would not have only been 'well, Yasu has had a LOT of practice in pretending to be two people at once.' Mostly I would also think Krauss, Natsuhi, and Jessica would have had a lot more opportunities to figure it out. At least this way, there's some leeway to how they never noticed (Jessica in particular, since I'm not sure how attentive Krauss or Natsuhi would be to two servants).
Account created-9/10/04. Just a normal GameFAQs user/leprechaun
Ramza: rofl. Rofel: You say my name? -Eise

User Info: AxemRedRanger

AxemRedRanger
1 month ago#103
The Fukuin House dorm and Shannon's elementary school (same school Jessica went to) were actually both on Niijima (presumably their middle school and Jessica's high school were there too), so Shannon has spent a good deal of time there. She doesn't really have any friends at the former though, and her work shifts made it difficult to spend time and get close to any friends she made at school - so it doesn't seem like she had any strong ties to Niijima. Also the real Niijima apparently only has a population of ~2700 so still pretty small.

Since Shannon is allegedly 16 as of 1986 (actually 19 but you know) and the culture festival indicates she's never been to a high school, it seems she probably dropped out after graduating from middle school, which is when mandatory education in Japan ends. By that point she'd have already solved the epitaph.
[NO BARKLEY NO PEACE]
[NO Advokaiser NO PEACE]

Eerieka
1 month ago#104
Yeah, when Cyouni mentioned 'the island' I sorta took that to mean Rokkenjima + Niijima. Either way, she didn't have much socialization off Rokkenjima.

I didn't know how long mandatory education in Japan was, but I'm not surprised to hear she dropped out early. Then again, how closely does Fukuin/the Ushiromiyas really care about Japanese law? What does it say about using orphans as servants in the first place? And yes, I know most of the servants are older, Sayo was an exception, and they're well-paid + the experience helps them later in life. I'm just curious about the legality of it in general.

Eerieka
1 month ago#105
Kanon kills Rosa, and the game mentions how her blood looked like a rose petal in her tea.
A: So he poisoned her? Is that what this possibly represent? He poisoned her tea?

Then Maria appears and screams about HOW DARE YOU KILL MAMA?!
A: Oh for f***’s sake.

A: Wow, I predicted this fairly accurately! Would you like to know my reasoning? I thought they would kill off one parent from each group, and I was sorta secretly hoping Maria would go… as for Genji and Gohda, I just picked one at random. Lastly, I figured we couldn’t have Jessica, George, Shannon, Kanon, and Battler.
(I didn’t hear her whole list, and wanted to make sure if I heard she included Battler or not)
A: (she repeats it). At this point, I don’t think Beatrice is going to kill Battler.
K: (But does she think Battler will kill Battler?)
A: And Erika is excluded because she’s the detective
K: Not yet. Remember, Battler hasn’t given her detective authority yet.
A: OH! Ohh…
K: So any Knox rules about detective don’t apply to her
(I wondered if she would look up the rules and try to see the loop hole Erika uses, but she doesn’t)
Instead she comes up with this:
A: Do the Knox rules state anywhere that there can only be one detective?
K: I don’t think so. In fact, I’m sure there are mystery novels where we see two characters’ points of view and they are both counted as detectives.

Then Maria holds up Sakutaro. Arria sees this scene largely the same way I do. Literally a little girl holding up her stuffed lion and wondering wtf is happening.

Shannon appears. Or rather, Sayo will kill both Rosa and Maria.
A: Ah, so now it’s your partner in crime’s turn.

Maria laughs like a maniac a few times
A: You’ve had two whole lines of dialogue which are nothing but evil laughter

Maria: Crush me then!
A: Wow! This is f***ed up! I know I kinda secretly like it when Maria dies, but this is really f***ed up!

Eerieka
1 month ago#106
Zepar and Furfur: Now who will Beatrice choose~
As the scene was changing, for a moment Arria thought we would be in Kinzo’s study based on the background pictures.
A: No b****, you can’t kill Kinzo, it doesn’t work like that—Oh Natsuhi. Huh…

Natsuhi flashbacks to how her mother used to wait for her dad and she would wake up the kids to greet him no matter how late he was out.
A: that’s a pretty jackass thing to do. f***er stays late at the office, goes to a bar, comes home stumbling drunk… and his wife is kneeling at the door with the kids?
K: Remember he’s a Shinto priest.
A: Ah, right.
K: I mean, he could still have gone to a bar.

Beatrice tries to kill Natsuhi, but she holds up the spirit mirror which has a ‘hateful’ effect on her
A: I wonder how this would play out if Natsuhi actually killed her. Like, everyone walks in, and the girl from the portrait is there. How awkward would that be?

Beatrice talks about how much she loves Battler and she wants him to notice her (sempai~)
A: Congrats, Battler, you literally created a monster.

Lucifer helps Beatrice and knocks the mirror out of Natsuhi’s hand.
A: What would she have done if she escaped? “Help! The woman from the portrait is trying to murder me!”

Battler shows up to order Lucifer to finish off Natsuhi. Afterward, Beato and Battler have a nice conversation and he says “call me whatever you want.”
A: Is he on pot? A while ago he was flipping out at her, now he’s like *pretends to smoke* Mm, call me whatever, man~

Eerieka
1 month ago#107
A: The more I look at Zepar and Furfur, the more I think they’re kinda cute…

Back to Ange and Hachijo talking about the story as a whole.
A: I appreciate this little ‘oh hey, do you remember this thing that happened?’ It’s useful after our little hiatus.

Amakusa is here, too, just to interject occasionally
A: I’m still trying to get a grasp on his purpose.
K: He might literally just be eye candy.

We get to a scene with Erika
A: You know what would have been funny? If everyone knew she wasn’t the detective, so Beatrice killed her. And then all her cunning detective plans go crumbling down.

The game’s clock shows up at the end of the chapter and 1 hour has passed.
A: All that s***, just for one hour!

Erika says she won’t activate her detective authority so the victory will be that much better. Bern adds that she’s going to throw Erika into the worst Fragment imaginable if she loses.
A: Erika has a face like ‘um, I didn’t agree to this?”

Lambda says this will be the last game, so go all out!
A: Meanwhile, those of us on THIS level of the Metaverse know that’s bulls*** because Umineko Episodes 7 and 8 exist. God only knows what YOU (pointing to me, Kira) know on your level of the metaverse
K: Good point!

Erika: (nervously): This is my own will. I agree to the terms and conditions.
A: And you say this as someone who doesn’t have a gun to the back of her head.

Scene changes back to the cousins in their bedroom.
A: Is Battler gonna kill himself?
K: I wasn’t going to lead you into it, buuuut… I was hoping you’d think of this on your own. If Battler is part of the group of six who must murder, who would he kill?
A: Himself…

Now to the scene where the adult men find Battler’s body
A: I just noticed how Rudolf and Krauss’s One-winged eagle could be combined to make a full eagle.
K: Yeah, they both go opposite directions.

Eerieka
4 weeks ago#108
And we see Battler dead
A: Yep, he did it. The madman did it!

Batter in the Metaverse tells Erika something along the lines of “sometimes you have to kill yourself to keep things from getting stale.”
A: Wow.

Dlanor shows up to offer her support to Erika
A: Was wondering when you’d show up.

Erika performs an investigation on the corpses, but they are not thorough due to not having detective’s authority.
A: Oh, this is new. (looking at the profiles which show people as ‘half-dead’) I assume this will change later, and we’ll get more information.

Dlanor says that the master keys were not use, and every door as locked from the inside
A: Damn this game! I thought I had at least one victory with Jessica/Ronove vs. Kyrie. Well, Rosa could have still been poisoned. She locked the door before drinking.

A: I think I know how the parlor happened. Let’s say Kanon was the culprit. Rosa goes into the parlor and drinks her poisoned tea, but also Kanon smoothers her. He leaves. Maria walks in and freaks out over her mother’s body. She locks herself in the room because she’s scared, and also knocked over the coat rack which locks the door. Then she got thirsty, drank the tea, and croaked.
K: But what if Kanon is the coat rack?
A: Damn you.

User Info: Mega Mana

Mega Mana
4 weeks ago#109
Eerieka posted...
A: I think I know how the parlor happened. Let’s say Kanon was the culprit. Rosa goes into the parlor and drinks her poisoned tea, but also Kanon smoothers her. He leaves. Maria walks in and freaks out over her mother’s body. She locks herself in the room because she’s scared, and also knocked over the coat rack which locks the door. Then she got thirsty, drank the tea, and croaked.

XD

Damn, I'm not remembering this case at all. So Battler commits "suicide" but he's trapped in the closet later? This is the episode where all who remain are taped into two separate rooms, right, and these "half-deaths" become brutal beheadings later?

I honestly don't remember anything going on right now after Love Trials
"In my headcanon, some staffer saw Trump pull out his phone and start typing so they just Terry Tate Office Linebacker'd him out of his shoes." - FFD

Eerieka
4 weeks ago#110
Mega Mana posted...
Eerieka posted...

XD

Damn, I'm not remembering this case at all. So Battler commits "suicide" but he's trapped in the closet later? This is the episode where all who remain are taped into two separate rooms, right, and these "half-deaths" become brutal beheadings later?

I honestly don't remember anything going on right now after Love Trials

Yeah, that's all correct. In this case, Rosa and Maria didn't die at all. Not because of Kanon, at least, or poisoned tea or anything else Arria has going through her head. They'll die later when Erika cuts their heads off.

Although I am proud of Arria for now trying to see through the magical scenes and reconstruct the murder realistically.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Umineko readthrough part 4 by Arria (blind) and Kira (2nd reading) SPOILERS OKAY