You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Umineko readthrough part 4 by Arria (blind) and Kira (2nd reading) SPOILERS OKAY

User Info: Eerieka

Eerieka
6 months ago#1
80/80 hell yeah

WARNING THAT THERE WILL BE SPOILERS FOR ALL OF UMINEKO IN THIS TOPIC. YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE SPOILERS TAGS UNLESS YOU'RE SPOILING A DIFFERENT STORY. DO NOT READ THIS TOPIC IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED UMINEKO (or unless you want to get spoiled...)

Arria is reading Umineko blind, but she's not in this topic! This is Kira transcribing her thoughts and inserting my own, and posting them here. Arria will read the topics once she's finished the story.

The topic so far:

Ep 1 and 2:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_59jGjel11RPbTsaryatO8ROumfZEKxngJmgGcQSmlo/edit?usp=sharing

Ep 3 and 4:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r3tUBsFSgzuxzc1nU7wvb8c2D3OVDeoh2zMZBp2aOy4/edit?usp=sharing

Ep 5:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ufXU3cuPs6ZAXdIIRdxvZkPr9Sedtvga9JBTzAg4Ihs/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to comment on anything, whether it's from ep 1 or ep 8! We love seeing reactions, discussions, funny pictures, you name it. I'll share anything non-spoilery with Arria and I'll ask her anything you want me to ask her.

We are just starting on Episode 6, a personal favorite of mine now although I hated it when I first read it. I have no idea how Arria will feel about this episode as we get deeper in...
Account created-9/10/04. Just a normal GameFAQs user/leprechaun
Ramza: rofl. Rofel: You say my name? -Eise

Eerieka
6 months ago#2
@Popcorn_Fairy
@Raka_Putra
@Mega_Mana
@JeffreyRaze
@MariaTaylor

Those are the usual suspects, but of course anyone else is welcome to join in! This topic will probably be here for months, so maybe when Ganon and Dels finish their reading, they can join us here, too.

User Info: JeffreyRaze

JeffreyRaze
6 months ago#3
With three playthroughs now things are pretty good. All three have very different tones too, it's fun.
JeffRaze, for all your random spellcasting needs

Eerieka
6 months ago#4
Character ranking as of the end of episode 5

(changes since previous episode noted in comments):
Kyrie (Still a gorgeous crazy b****, you keep your spot but only for now.)
Dlanor (I have a weakness for executioners okay… Don’t judge me… or my bad judiciary puns.)
Natsuhi (Well dear we all knew one of my pets would be put on trial for something looks like you drew the short straw, it did however get you a higher ranking.)
(As an aside the top three this time are the plot of my favorite novel… this both says a lot about me and makes me a little uncomfortable.)
Rudolf
Genji
Chiester 00
Ronove
Ange
Mammon
Beatrice (Rest in peace you crazy b****)
Chiester 556
Satan
Shannon (Due to my new pet theory)
Chiester 45
Belphegor
Virgilia
Gohda
Amakusa
Beelzebub
Gaap (A: “I still cannot deal with your shoes, Gaap but you did amuse me more this time round.”)
Asmodeus
Battler
Chiester 410
Lucifer
George
Hideyoshi
Kanon
Maria
Eva
Jessica
Leviathan
Krauss (A: “You are a spineless little worm and Natsuhi is too good for you, you little bastard.”)
The Walrus
Sakutaro
Bernkastel
Erika (b**** is creezy. Half creepy, half crazy, entirely “Put that thing back where it came from or so help me”)
Kumasawa
Lambdadelta
Rosa
Kinzo
Kasumi
Eva-Beatrice

Eerieka
6 months ago#5
JeffreyRaze posted...
With three playthroughs now things are pretty good. All three have very different tones too, it's fun.

That's true! Umineko seems to have become very popular recently, but the three topics are different enough that I think it's fun seeing all three lol.

User Info: Popcorn_Fairy

Popcorn_Fairy
6 months ago#6
410 being lower than the other Chiesters is wrong. Even under 556 (RIP) who never even appeared.
https://i.imgtc.com/mXVOxDD.gif

User Info: MariaTaylor

MariaTaylor
6 months ago#7
tag
I can see a better time, when all our dreams come true
https://i.imgur.com/IHrHuOF.png

User Info: Mega Mana

Mega Mana
6 months ago#8
Yessss, can finally post again!!!

Didn't want to bump you into 500 prematurely for like two or three weeks now lol
"In my headcanon, some staffer saw Trump pull out his phone and start typing so they just Terry Tate Office Linebacker'd him out of his shoes." - FFD

Eerieka
6 months ago#9
Mega Mana posted...
Yessss, can finally post again!!!

Didn't want to bump you into 500 prematurely for like two or three weeks now lol

Aww, don't hold yourself back because it's close to 500. Your commentary is more valuable to me and Arria than having to make another topic early lol.

Eerieka
6 months ago#10
Episode 6

We open with a shot of the room which was a court last episode, only now it’s very clearly a wedding chapel.
A: I want to take this seriously, but I can’t when I feel like the next words to be spoken are going to be “We are gathered here today…”
Then the narration actually says it’s a wedding.
A: Oh dear god, how terrible is this going to be? Did Lambda and Bern finally decide to tie the knot?

A: I mean, I’m all for weddings between two loli witches if everyone is—“ she stops mid-sentence when Zepar appears on screen. Furfur shows up a moment later
A: Am I still playing Umineko? Who are you? And what the f*** is wrong with this one’s voice? *pointing to Zepar*
K: Don’t worry about it.

Bern says some priesty stuff
A: If I ever attend a wedding officiated by Bernkastel, I’m going to hope those two go to the courthouse later because ain’t no way in hell she got officially certified. I don’t care that you can get it over the internet, I refuse to believe Bern went on the internet! Actually, if I went to a wedding officiated by Bern, I would turn around and walk the f*** out.

We see Erika in her wedding dress. Arria points out the One-Winged Eagle on her veil
A: Nice touch, but also, f*** you. You don’t get to be happy! Who the f*** are you marrying, anyway? Battler?
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Umineko readthrough part 4 by Arria (blind) and Kira (2nd reading) SPOILERS OKAY