You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. TOMPIC 8: I used Dream Eater in times gone by

User Info: NFUN

NFUN
3 months ago#11
Edgedancer is before Oathbringer btw
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

User Info: Maniac64

Maniac64
3 months ago#12
DO NOT READ ANY MISTBORN SHORT STORIES!

Secret History will literally spoil the entire trilogy. I think there is a Wax and Wayne one with spoilers as well.

Otherwise you should be good with all the other one off cosmere shorts, and Emperor's Soul or whatever that was called.

Also I remember watching a long d&d series with Ironicus as a player. Semi recommended it to me way back and it was great
"Hope is allowed to be stupid, unwise, and naive." ~Sir Chris

User Info: Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil
3 months ago#13
hm, I don't think I have a way of avoiding specific stories on an audiobook, or knowing what goes with what. We're starting off with something about Forging and Soul Stamps, which sounds like it could be Emperor's Soul.

Should....should I ditch the audiobook and try to buy a copy somewhere and read it in like a year after Les Mis? <_<
https://imgtc.com/i/uWMMlnN.png
A thousand candles of peace

Maniac64
3 months ago#14
I have never done a short story audio book so I have no idea if you can skip certain stories like with a chapter skip or something.

And yeah that is Emperors soul. Its good.

Is Secret History on the list of stories? Cause you definitely shouldn't read that if you have any interest in reading the trilogy.

I guess otherwise just listen until you get to Secret History and then stop.
(edited 3 months ago)

Tom Bombadil
3 months ago#15
I'll see- if this was a purchased copy maybe it'd come with a tracklist but as it stands I'm just hoping they announce the story at the beginning, and that it begins at the start of a new track (didn't notice if either happened on the first one, but I'll check later >_>) Any others I should skip?

Maniac64
3 months ago#16
Looking at it.

2. Hope of Elantris is a sequel to Elantris so it spoils that. But Elantirs book is also not super good anyway so you'd probably never read it lol. Just expect to be confused maybe.

3. Eleventh Metal is a prequel to Mistborn but was written for the Adventure game and assumes you may not have read the books so it should be fairly safe

4. Allomancer Jak is set between series and I doubt has any real spoilers (it's an unreliable narrator anyway). Edit: see next post

5. Is secret history.

Been years since I read them so it's hard to remember. Might skim through them again quickly for spoilers.

The rest will be fine.
(edited 3 months ago)

Maniac64
3 months ago#17
Doing a quick search you are probably better off skipping Jak until you finish the first trilogy since you plan on listening to that eventually.

Assuming the audio book didnt cut them there should be spoiler warnings from Sanderson before the stories telling you if you should avoid it.
(edited 3 months ago)

NFUN
3 months ago#18
"Mistborn era 1, Elantris (just to get it out of the way and set up for secret history), mistborn era 2, mistborn:secret history, Way of Kings, Warbreaker (as a little breather between storm light books and to learn about nightblood), words of radiance, the Edgedancer novella, Oathbringer, THEN finish it off with arcanum unbounded"

- my cosmere nerd friend

Tom Bombadil
3 months ago#19
so should I just, like, skip around trying to find edgedancer and forget about the rest for now? >_>

NFUN
3 months ago#20
that seems to be his recommendation. it shouldn't be too hard to find chapters, should it?
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. TOMPIC 8: I used Dream Eater in times gone by