You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Tsunami does blind playthroughs of VNs--Grand Revival [spoilers] [ztd] [aa6]

User Info: TsunamiXXVIII

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#71
Up.
Also known as Cyberchao X.

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#72
Again, since the next game's not ready yet

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#73
So yeah, the topic title was running out of letters anyway; I knew full well that there'd be games not tagged in the title. I mean, technically DDLC will be part of this series but I'll probably be streaming that on my Twitch channel.

Up next, though? Not AA6, and not DDLC. Instead, the next game will be Detective Pikachu.

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#74
Nice opening cinematics. It's pretty silly, because every time he tries to speak to humans, it comes out as "Pika Pika". He's not sure why he can understand the humans but they can't understand him. Now we come to our human protagonist, Tim Goodman, who came to Ryme City looking for clues to his dad's disappearance. An Aipom steals his brochure for the Baker Detective Agency, and also a necklace belonging to a young girl...but Tim can understand Detective Pikachu. The Aipom run off, and we give chase. They throw hot dogs with too much ketchup at us...this game's certainly making sure to differentiate itself from the anime, at any rate. A lot of quick time events. The Aipom get away again, but they've left a trail. We ask someone which way they went, but we quickly learn that Tim can't be seen talking too openly to Pikachu or he seems weird. Pikachu gives a signal for when he's got something to say. It's tough to move around. And Pikachu can get testimony from other Pokémon. It's a Diggersby that eventually confirms that the ketchup-tailed one, not the paint-tailed one, is the one that has the necklace. This is a very trying tutorial. Just let me do things! I didn't even choose easy mode. Pikachu says he's a great detective. Finally, we get a title card for Chapter 1, Tahnti Park. Unconscious Aipom with a Tamato Berry in its tail; seems to be the one we were chasing but the necklace is gone. We look for clues, and find a black feather under the Aipom, which has scratches on its face. Maybe it got in a fight with a Murkrow? It also seemed to have been in a tree, so that suggests something that would live in a tree. Our first potential witness is busy looking for a pen he lost. Another witness suggests it might be the Pidove around here, and tells us how to get them to return after we frightened them off. Another witness tells us there are three areas to this park. This is the fountain area, and to the right is the cafe area; to the left is the nature area. This area has Pidove; Taillow are near the cafe; and in the nature area, Starly and Murkrow. Heh, my initial suspect is still alive! We have to visit the cafe area to get food to lure the birds anyway, but Taillow doesn't have any black, so that's out. But Starly and Pidove are both still potential suspects even though I figure it's probably Murkrow. I head off to the nature area first by mistake, but Starly is very helpful, telling us that Murkrow often goes off to collect shiny things for its nest. Also the Aipoms are jerks to Starly too. There's one here that we need to interview, but a rowdy Poochyena wants to play and is scaring it off. Another human witness confirms that Murkrow fights with Aipom. We have to find the other Poochyena so Mightyena can put them down for their afternoon nap. We find it and can interview Aipom, and learn that it got attacked by Murkrow for infringing on its territory while playing with Poochyena. We learn Murkrow's nest is in the thick tree near the pond, and finally get confirmation that it's a Murkrow feather. Pikachu climbs the tree to investigate the nest, and finds evidence in the form of another feather, but Murkrow returns. Time to interrogate the suspect. Murkrow claims to have lost the necklace during the fight. It says Burmy were in the tree, too. We head back to the tree and interrogate the Burmy. They're not helpful...they're afraid. They mention a ball flying around. A scary black-and-white ball. And one of the Burmy got caught up in the fight and is missing. We have to shake other trees to look for it. The first one we try yields a Ferroseed instead. Oh, the soccer ball that Scraggy and the boy are playing with! One of them got hit by it last night and its Cloak broke...ah, those are the leaves we found near Aipom! Also, something small went running off, but it didn't seem like Burmy. Heading to the cafe area, we find Tepig in a bush. It was looking for Berries, and it found a coin. And in a big tree, there was a Wormadam...no, three Wormadam. And the missing Burmy.

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#75
They're protective of the Burmy. They won't even let us speak to it directly without proof it's involved. Which we have but can't present for some reason. We get the Pidove food and some coffee, which Pikachu loves. Ah, we get information that the trash disappeared. It's still not enough, and Taillow and Pidove are no help. Well, I haven't the time to deal with this right now. That'll be all for tonight, probably.

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#76
Ah, I see. I had to talk to an old man who gives us the relevant information about Burmy and their cloaks. I'm about to head back to the Wormadam when Pikachu tells me to go back to the guy who lost his pen. He says it was lost the previous night, and that gives Pikachu an idea--that Burmy's cloak will hold the missing pen. We talk to the two Plant Cloak Burmy. Pikachu asks to investigate their cloaks, and they say no, but luckily the soccer-playing kid takes care of that for us. The pen comes out of the cloaks when they fall apart. Now we have the mystery of how it became a Trash Cloak Burmy, and we have all the answers. The cloak broke, and it remade it with trash. Pikachu thinks the necklace is in there. We prove it to the Wormadam. And the necklace is in there! We return it to the little girl, and the older girl seems impressed. Pikachu is a shipper on deck. Ah, so Tim's father is a detective named Harry Goodman, and Pikachu was his partner. They worked at the Baker Detective Agency. Tim remembers his dad having a Pikachu, but remembers him being cuter and more docile. We meet Mike Baker, the head of the Detective Agency, as well as the receptionist, Amanda. Pikachu apparently has a tendency to eat all the sweets in the office. According to Baker, Harry had an accident while investigating a Pokémon, and only Pikachu was found at the scene. Tim says he'll investigate, but Baker says it's too dangerous and urges him not to. Oh, Tim's older than he looks, probably; he's heading to Ryme University in the fall. Then again he looks like he could be as old as I was when I went off to college. Pikachu had mentioned having lost his memories, and Baker mentions Pikachu was collapsed at the scene. I swear, if this turns out to be some Mystery Dungeon s*** and Pikachu is Harry... Baker mentions a reliable inspector, Holiday. Tim says he feels like he's being watched, and Pikachu says it's probably Baker's partner, who's always hiding. There's another Pika-signal, but it seems to just be for comic relief, as he says he already has a nice hat when Amanda's Fletchling lands on his head. And the title card for Chapter 2 as I leave the office. Actually, that's a good place to stop for the night, I guess.

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#77
Bump

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#78
Kind of busy lately

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#79
Another for good measure

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#80
The save file screen mentions a "Litwick Cave". We go to Harry's apartment, which was also Pikachu's. He hasn't been there in two months. They start searching it for clues, and Tim mentions what Baker said about Harry investigating Pokémon incidents. Pikachu suggests searching for notes on what he was looking into. The first thing we find are receipts, keeping track of his expenses. Which seem to include a lot of food-related items. Pikachu's sweet tooth, probably. Finally, Pikachu finds something. Maybe. Also he demands a cup of coffee. There's a locked cabinet, which at least gets us searching for a key. It's frustrating trying to do "point and click" with the area under investigation entirely on the top screen and no visible cursor when not highlighting an item. Once we've pressed, er, searched everything, we get a prompt to think of where he might find it. Tim says he'd often hide valuables in food containers. We get to go more in-depth now, and find it taped to the bottom of a jar of jellybeans. In the cabinet, we find the notes we need, which includes a map of Ryme City. Pikachu identifies one of the marks as being a place where an incident happened after Harry's disappearance, though, so it seems he noticed enough of a pattern to predict one before it happened. The remaining three marks are for a warehouse, a lake, and Litwick Cave. Sure enough, they decide to check the cave first. A Drifloon is running away, and human voices are saying they need to run, but one says she can't because she hurt her leg. A Glalie with red eyes is menacing two women. Tim tells Pikachu to use Thunderbolt, and he reveals he can't use moves ever since the accident. A few quick-time events later, a loose rock in the cave ceiling has knocked Glalie out and it's been sent rolling away--but not before it collapses the entrance with what appeared to be, I don't know, Dark Pulse? The two women are introduced as Meiko Okamoto, director of the TV station GNN, and rookie assistant director Emilia Christie, who recognizes them from the previous day--the one that Pikachu thinks Tim was trying to impress. It's dark near the entrance, so we have to wake up the Litwick to explore there. Interviewing Meiko, it seems this wasn't the first time a Pokémon went berserk during a shoot. Looking up, we find that the sky is open; a sufficiently large Flying-type could help us escape. We talk to the ladies about the Pokémon in this cave, but Meiko can't remember anything besides Litwick, and they can't consult their footage because the battery is dead and Emilia's bag with the spare is gone. It should be near the sign near the entrance. We move some rubble to uncover it. All that the footage shows are the Glalie and Drifloon...wait, there's briefly signs of the latter's evolved form, Drifblim! That's what we need now. The Litwick that would light up the way to go deeper into the cave is finally ready to wake up now. We also find Glalie, and it's calmed down and has no memory of its rampage. It was watching the two women filming, and then something fell down from above. It's also very tired and needs water. There's a blue stone, and the Drifloon that was frozen solid. We can't get close enough to the next Litwick to wake them up, though, so we're stuck rescuing Drifloon. I take it to the two Litwick, and they thaw it out. It helps us. The yellow eyes in the darkness turn out to be Noibat. Each of the three Noibat says Drifblim is down their tunnel, and they'll let us pass if Tim gives them his candy. We can't check all three, so we need to figure out which one's telling the truth. We talk to the final Litwick, finding a barrier in the form of a river, and learn that Noibat head out to find food in the mornings. Drifloon says it lives in the hole next to the one the Litwick use. Another Litwick says the tunnel feels safe because the Noibat are always guarding them.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Tsunami does blind playthroughs of VNs--Grand Revival [spoilers] [ztd] [aa6]