You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Tsunami does blind playthroughs of VNs--Grand Revival [spoilers] [ztd] [aa6]

User Info: TsunamiXXVIII

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#31
Naturally, to keep the game dishonest, I must now rule out 4, 7, 9, and 10 when making my initial choice on the third try. I select 6. 9 stays closed. Perfect, so now I understand how it works. At least, I think I do. I'm going to open up that second save file I made when I first got locked into the decontamination room segment to test something. But first, the results of finding the mask. Just as the announcement suggested, there's only one mask. Junpei suggests rotating the mask between the three of them, but Carlos says there's only enough oxygen for one person to last the 20 minutes. I expect to have to make another decision as to save, but nope, it's automatic that Carlos agrees with Junpei's decision to save Akane. Junpei reminisces about a festival that he and Akane went to as kids. She bought two weird character masks and tried to get Junpei to wear one. She was wearing a yukata that was too big for her, which had belonged to her mother before she died. Akane urges Junpei to put the mask on... Akane alone survives this. Sigma and Diana are the only two other survivors. It's still counted as a Game Over. Now to test my thesis... it's going to be annoying because I can't speed through cutscenes that I've already seen in my main save file. I wait out the executions of C and Q teams in the decontamination room...right, I also need to enter the X-Passes to complete this. Way too long. Why must I be so curious? Hopefully I can at least skip the puzzles in the control room that merely unlocked hints to other puzzles. The only ones that should be necessary are the compass puzzles. Sure enough, the solutions don't change, and I skip everything else. 999 wasn't so good about allowing that, because the story would randomly cut in during the puzzles. Though usually the triggers were on pickups of required items. I guess VLR might've had some oddly tacked-on exposition if you skipped the puzzle, too, but it felt less frequent.

...Urgh. I had a feeling when I saw the "all branches completed" message after the contamination room segment even though this save file hadn't actually done both sides. See, here's what I wanted to test. The first time, I chose not to switch from 7 to 4, and 4 was correct. The second, I chose to switch from 9 to 10, and 9 was correct. The third, I chose 6 initially and was again given 9 as the option to switch to, which proved correct. So here's the question: What if I had chosen to switch to 4 in the first place? I assume, of course, that 7 would've been correct in that iteration. But when I chose 9 the next time, would it still be 10 that I'd have the option to switch to? Or would it be 7? Do I automatically have to get it wrong both ways, or is the eventual correct one always set to the first number that you choose to switch away from? It's much like the AB games in VLR, specifically the second one on Phi's path. Whichever one you pick, you're wrong. I loaded a fresh save file, hoping to ascertain the answer...but when I again chose 7, the door that stayed closed wasn't 4. It was 9. Which, okay, I think means my theory was probably correct, but can't quite ascertain it because now it's going to be 9 across all save files on this game card. Except the all complete message didn't come up again, so maybe the message before was a red herring based off the fact that the executions in the decontamination are technically in separate fragments from the associated decisions? At any rate, I just spent four posts on a single fragment in which the actual escape portion was entirely contained within one of them. Quality content here, amirite?
Also known as Cyberchao X.

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#32
Still, having the results of Q-team's time in the decontamination room fresh on the page when I started Monty Hall, I was inherently inclined to compare the two. These games do that a lot, frame the same theme differently in different parts of the game. 999 did that especially often, with the rats and the detergent and the funyarinpa and all of that. The thing is, the Monty Hall problem and the Sleeping Beauty problem are exact opposites. Or rather, the solutions are; the reasons are the same. In both cases... the initial probability doesn't change. There was always a 1 in 3 chance, or in this case, a 1 in 10 chance, that your initial choice was correct, and so with all but one wrong choice revealed to be wrong, the odds favor switching to the other unknown. And there was always a 50% chance that the coin landed on heads, so the fact that there are three possible situations changes nothing. There are, after all, two variables. Was it heads or was it tails? Is it Monday, or is it Tuesday? Since the experiment terminates on Monday if it's heads, the combination of Tuesday/heads is automatically ruled out. Leaving, it would seem, twice as many options with tails as with heads... but by the same token, twice as many where it's Monday as where it's Tuesday. So what if the question asked wasn't "what did the coin land on?" but "what day is it?" If the chances of the former question's answer being "tails" are, in fact, 2 in 3, then so are the chances of the latter's being "Monday". But whether the question will be asked on Tuesday is dependent on the coin being tails. You can frame it thusly: "If the coin was heads, there is a 100% chance that it is Monday. If the coin was tails, there is a 50% chance that it is Monday. Therefore, there is a 75% chance that it is Monday." And then it becomes clear that the missing 25% from automatically ruling out Tuesday/heads was all added to Monday/heads. That option has a 50% chance, and the other two are 25% each. Even I didn't bother analyzing it that closely when I saw it; I just instinctively said "it's 50%" and left it there. Hm, the "if A, then 100% chance of B; if ~A, then 50% chance of B" sounds an awful lot like what happened to D-Team in the incinerator room...

Speaking of D-Team, we're joining them next. For... Force Quit?! Holy crap I don't know if we have the information for that yet!

No casualties yet. Past midnight again; 00:03. No memories past the vote at 13:30. Probably follows the result of all teams refraining from pushing the buttons in the decontamination rooms. The Force Quit Box is open! There's text on the monitor. Force Quit program on standby. To initiate, two key items must be set. Each is a mother's memento. Sigma asks if any of that rings a bell to Diana, and she starts screaming in pain, her head hurting. I know Phi has one, but...I don't know the other. And I don't know exactly what to enter for Phi's, anyway. Looks like we have a 6-letter word and a 9-letter word, so I'm guessing Phi's is "Amulet"? Only other words I can think of don't fit properly. Well, I guess we'll jump to Q team oh s*** this is Force Quit, too. Well, we only have one unexplored fragment on Q's side, so we're more likely to have the necessary info. 00:03 again. Eric says that the fact that the death count is still zero is worth celebrating with a shot. Q mopes about him rubbing it in. Eric thinks he's referring to being a minor, but actually it's that his helmet has no mouthpiece. The Force Quit Box says that the central control computer must be booted to run the program. Q has an idea and runs off to the Quantum Computer Room. The Central Control Computer looks disturbingly like GLaDOS. Q remembers how to do it. Get the cover off, and... We've gotta enter an 8-digit code. Damnit, I've got nothing. Again. Looking at the files, it seems that there are translations provided for the Latin phrases, not that they help much. Well, one might, but not yet.

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#33
Just to have something to put in, I try 14383421. As expected, it doesn't work, but rather than booting me from the input menu, it just gives the "wrong" sound and clears it for me to try again. I exit out. Sure enough, my next pick for C-team is, once again, Force Quit. 00:03 for the third straight time. Junpei suggests that time might be going in reverse for some reason. I don't know, I think his brain broke from trauma between 999 and this game. But somehow he was relatively fine in VLR. Carlos thinks he knows the password to the box...9 letters. Still not sure what it was, but...I realize there was a clue we once obtained in an escape sequence that we've never used. In the pod room, the Zero doll that said "become me". Well, there is a spacebar on this input screen so let's try it.

No good. It would be interesting if the teams had to use knowledge from each other's fragments. So I'm 0 for 3.

Aha. I'm looking at the full flowchart now, and a lot of the connections I thought I saw do in fact exist. The pod room continues from where Carlos killed Akane, and the study from where he instead killed himself--both stemming from D-team dying at 13:30. So the manufacturing room is the only fragment we've been on from the "C-team killed at 13:30" segment. There are a few oddly placed locks. But it's strange...D-team pressing the button is a "Game Over", and Q-Team doing so is a "bad end". But C-Team doing so is neither! What am I missing here...? Well, I pick a D-team fragment. "Transporter". Looks like it could be the start of the...no, the start of the C-team dead branch would be a Q-team, because we already have a D-team outcome on this timeline further down. Phi is nowhere to be found. Zero welcomes them to the transporter room. He says that for them to find what they're looking for, they must follow his orders. He explains that the transporter was found in Antarctica in 1888, and that it was not made by man. The intelligence it created far outstripped that of humans. It was capable of transporting things through spacetime. He explains how to operate it. The two items that look like beds are the input pods, and the ones that look like chrysalides are the export pods. In the back is the material tank, which has a variety of elements such as hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen, and oxygen. Essentially, it acts as an atomic level 3D printer. It requires so much energy that it takes 10 months to recharge. In order to transport a human, only one person may be in each pod. But it isn't a teleporter. Only the atomic data is transported, not the object itself. And it goes not only to the past or future, but to alternate histories. ...So we're going to be cloning Phi? One of her X-Passes was TWIN, after all. Zero's instructions are to start it up to obtain what they desire. A bunch of cards...huh, I expected them to be notes, not inventory. Human and moon, flower, three moons, wind, moon, moon and star, two humans, human, sun, two moons, birdman, star, human and two moons. I think that's all of them. A few devices...oh, we have to scan all thirteen cards to get a hologram of a book to appear. Chapter 1: Wind = 0. At the nucleus, the image of three birdmen, one flower, one human appears. And now we can use the cards on another device. Wind lost to flower; and star beat sun. As does "human two moons". I try flower, but the opponent uses flower as well for a push. Even a lone moon defeats sun...and human loses to flower. Sun lost to birdman...I try birdman, and receive no new info as the opponent plays sun. But star loses to flower! I keep playing star until it finally loses to birdman as well. So birdman > star > sun; flower > star, flower > human; moon > sun. That's what we know so far. I try flower, and it loses to birdman as well. Moon also loses to birdman, so birdman is the largest. Moon also loses to flower, so that's second-largest. Running out of characters for this post so I'll cut it off here.

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#34
Neither star nor moon have appeared on the opposite side yet, so I can't figure which is larger. I try human, and much to my surprise, it defeats sun. So right now, we're at birdman > flower > moon, star, and human > sun > wind (which is zero). But if the opponent never plays anything other than birdman, flower, or sun, we need to use the cards with multiple symbols to figure it out.

Flower > Two Moons
Two Moons + Human > Birdman

Okay, that's probably helpful. Assuming they're all integers, Human has to be at least 3. Of course, we already knew it was at least two because of Sun being, presumably, 1.

Birdman > Moon + Human
Birdman > Three Moons

Beautiful. So Human > Moon, by enough that Birdman fits between them. Since moon has ti be at least 2, human is at least 4 and birdman at least 7. And Birdman > Moon + Star > Flower (finally; I just could not get flower to appear) so Star > Moon as well since Flower > Two Moons. Let's summarize.

Two Moons + Human > Birdman > Moon + Star > Flower > Two Moons, also Birdman > Moon + Human. I opt to keep playing Moon + Human until I find out how it fares against Flower. It loses. Good, so now we have the full inequality.

Birdman > Flower > Star > Human > Moon > Sun > Wind. But Moon is still big enough that Two Moons + Human > Birdman > Moon + Star > Flower > Moon + Human. So Moon is at least 4... but Birdman was greater than Three Moons, so it has to be at least 13. Thus, the smallest integers that work are Moon = 4, Human = 6, Star = 8, Flower = 11, Birdman = 13. I feel like there's got to be some better way of pinpointing these numbers... but I'm already away from the game now, so this is all I can do for now! Though obviously, my next course of action ought to be to play Three Moons until it goes against Flower. Based on those numbers I threw out, Three Moons would win. If Flower wins, it means that Flower is at least 13, Sun is at least 10, Birdman is at least 15, and Human is at least...8? Yeah, 8. Oof, this is tough. I half expected all of the symbols to stand in for digits, but I've pretty much proven that only one out of 1, 2, or 3 corresponds to a number. At least I think that's what I've proven. It would really help if there were more options for the opponent than the two largest and the second-smallest. Though even if I can't get the exact values, I can almost get the order of all thirteen cards. Remember, the smallest possible number for Moon was 4, and in both cases, something else was going to correspond to 8.

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#35
Three Moons is indeed greater than Flower. I'm going to tentatively go with my guesses of 4, 6, 8, 11, 13. That would make the five symbols written in the hologram equal 56. There is also the question of what to do with this knowledge...oh, hey, the holo-book has new information? Chapter 2...Oh balls. The cards with multiple symbols aren't additive; they're multiplicative.

Actually, never mind, that makes this really easy, because it also says they represent the numbers 0-12. Sun was already determined to be smaller than everything but Wind, so that's 1. Two Moons and a Human was biggest, so that's 12, and everything else lines up with that anyway--Moon showed up so frequently because it's equal to 2. Human is 3, Star is 5, Flower is 7, and Birdman is 11. I honestly forgot there was a Two Humans card, and sadly, it wouldn't have helped me clear up my misunderstanding because it would've fallen between Flower and Birdman anyway.

So now the five symbols in the sky become 11^3*7*3. 1331*21=27951. There's something else in the holobook...oh, it's just a place to input what I just figured out about the cards themselves. Solving this unlocks two new chapters. 3 merely summarizes what I just told it I knew, and 4 tells me that to operate the machine, 4 cards must be placed on the sensor. The alien society has two methods for expressing numbers, though, so I must convert the number displayed by the nucleus to a second format to determine which cards to place. So I need to convert 27951 to this new format? A new monitor comes on...oh, now the cards are being turned into a wheel for the 3D printer. Wait, they're decagon reels...aha. So now I input the number. Or, no. I put the decagon reels on the horizontal axis of the weird machine, but I can't turn them until I have something to put on the vertical axis. I assumed that machine would tell us which cards to put on the sensor. Oh, wait, more reels. Tridecagons! I wonder...it looks like when I hit the crank after setting the five reels to 2, 7, 9, 5, 1, it changed it to 12, 9, 5, 1. Is C951 the proper base 13 expression of 27951?

...If I put everything into my calculator correctly, C951=27726. Awfully close, but not quite right. ...But I didn't. As I suspected, the two numbers are the same. (I accidentally multiplied the 9 by 12 squared instead of 13 squared.) As soon as I saw the tridecagon reels--nay, as soon as Diana said "it's a bit different" to what was on screen--I realized that the machine was a base 10-base 13 converter. And that's all for this room's puzzles. But the PA says that Phi's a casualty, along with all of Q-Team and Carlos and Junpei. And Akane has already escaped through the X-Door! Diana feels Zero has tricked them, and Sigma refuses to believe this is true. They look all over, and when they get to the incinerator room, Diana suddenly remembers the timeline where Phi was incinerated. Wait, this is probably that same timeline! Sigma and Diana were injected with the drugs again. I check back to that one...yeah, that was along a line where Q-Team died at 13:30. But all of C-Team was alive after that, so the game continued. Diana wonders why Akane left alone. Sigma says they can't know what happened in Ward C, but they know how Q-Team died. And furthermore...if Q-Team was executed at 13:30, it means C-Team didn't vote as they said they would in the note. Sigma says that means Carlos was the betrayer. It's 1:25, almost time for another injection, but Sigma says there's no time to waste. Back to the transporter room. Sigma wants to transport. This is the treeform timeline. He wants to escape this history and go to one where Phi exists. Decision game. I choose to transport. Also, when I looked back to my own post about the incinerator, I realized I was wrong. "Medallion". That's nine letters. It's the six-letter word that's still at large.

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#36
Huh. I'm locked to D-Team, but I can either choose to go to a new point in the fragment I was just in, or one other fragment. I wonder, were there any other fragments where I missed out on going back to them for more content? The pods open. Sigma wonders what's going on...they came out of the input pods, not the export pods. Diana wonders if the process failed. Sigma then remembers that the transporter isn't actually a teleporter. They themselves weren't transported, but their data was. Sigma likens it to a fax machine. Sigma wonders why this him was the one that stayed. Ah, there's still a lock on the end of the fragment..."Don't transport" might still be important, though. Hah, Diana wrecked the transporter! She says this has to be Zero's trap. He was the one who made them start this thing. If they transport, they'd be doing exactly what he wants. Electricity is crackling all over; they run. A huge explosion. But they're still alive, back at the X-Door...at 1:37. Hah, because the game's already over. Diana feels that Akane will return. Sigma's not so sure. This is called a game over. Oh, and the other fragment is in the transport timeline! "Door of Truth". They come out of the export pods. 18:05. But that's all they know, so they could still be on January 1st, 2029...or years in either direction. Diana asks where Sigma set the transport point to. He says he doesn't know. He couldn't read the text on the display, so he pushed a random button. But they're in an alternate history, so Phi could be here.

...Oops. Wrong alternate history. They actually wound up in a timeline where D-Team was executed at the 13:30 vote. I was wondering what would happen if they'd gone to a timeline where they already existed, but it seems that there's still only one of them in this timeline. And now another locked door. Time for an escape sequence! The wall has an arrow and the word "Spin" pointing at a fan. Some sort of text hidden by the fan blades. Hair dryer, which could probably do it but it needs a two-hole outlet. No water comes out of the faucets, but draining one sink fills up the other. But there's still something stuck in that sink's drain, even with the water. An area that's "too dark to see anything" even though I see something we need. Button lock, but it's changing colors so there's actually 4^4 combinations. 256, that would be...possible to brute force, but it'd take a long time. Another locker triggers Sigma's cat tic. Note 1 says the power supply must be restarted to unlock the door. Already on it. The cat locker also has a converter plug, and with the fan spinning, we can see that the combination is violet, white, blue, red. It yields a coin and a remote control. The last locker that was already unlocked has a music box inside, so I assume the coin will help...but no, it runs on water.Oh, the coin is for unscrewing the control panel! That changes the lights so we can see the other side...but we still have to drain the strange, dirty water. There's a lid to the drain...Oh. We have to examine the remote control and push the button. The drain itself has a start button, and there's a bucket in one stall, a water tank in another, and a third has a note to fully submerge the power supply in water to restart. The last one as a working showerhead, but its screws are loose. I fill the bucket with water, but I can't use it to start the music box for some reason. Oh, but it will help me get the key out of the sink. Doesn't unlock the last locker; that's another button puzzle. Oh, it's for the locked shower stall, giving me the hose. Now that's gotta be for the music box. Ah, but I have to attach it to the shower first...and it won't fit on the faucet, so I need to unscrew the loose showerhead. Which I can't do yet. There's also a C-shaped hole on the control device, which I also have nothing for.

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#37
...What.

I had, at one point, flipped the lid to the drain back down, but I flipped it up again. And apparently, had I ever looked over in the direction of the lid when the lights were on the other half--violating everything that this room has been telling me about having to always switch the lights whenever I want to work in the other half--I'd have found glowing numbers telling me the answer to the last locker. Another spinning panel puzzle. Which finally gives me the screwdriver. I unscrew both the showerhead and the cover to the tank, find that the start button goes to the tank, and get the C-shaped piece. I initially decide to hook up the hose first, since I figure I'll have to flip the switches anyway to hook up the other side, only to be told that I should try to illuminate both sides before hooking it up. Which inserting the C-shaped piece allows me to do. Note 3 says "Fill the room with water." And then the place where we hooked up the hose bursts, and the room starts to fill. Ah, so that's why we still had the remote! To keep it from draining. Except, Sigma seems to suggest that we don't want it to fill up. I even try the button on the control panel...Oh. The locked stall was already shown to be completely airtight, and watertight. We go inside to stay safe, and allow it to fill up, then drain it again. All lights are out, but the restart button works, and...the watertight shower recedes to reveal a door not marked on the map! It needs an 8-digit code...Huh. Where have we seen that before? Only problem is, we didn't know what it was then and we don't know now. Diana doesn't know, and Sigma wonders if there are any hints around here. Q-Team was the one that needed the 8-digit code for the force quit box, not D-Team...All three teams only have one fragment untouched. My instincts say C-Team's is the most important right now, but for some reason, I want to do Q-Team's instead.

Oh. Well then. It seems I chose correctly. The name of this segment is "Radical-6". There's a pig in formaldehyde. They're in the Biolab. Eric is freaked out and wonders why there's one of these in a bomb shelter. Q thinks it's to be prepared for a pandemic. 18:10. There's a notice to slash the pig's stomach. Escape sequence. I get a red piece of a DNA model, a research note involving green and pink liquids, and said green and pink liquids. But there's no lens in the microscope so I can't follow the note's instructions yet. There's also one puzzle we might be able to brute force, but there'd be over a thousand combinations. Oh, I can look in the sink on the equipment with the locked wheels! And that grants a knife. Slashing the pig pillow reveals many things. Fanatic Bio R note (that might actually be what Zero uses for the executions), Microscope Lens, Power Cord. I plug in the power cord where it's needed, but it needs something else, something long and thin. Microscope time, then...huh? It's too fuzzy to see? Can't adjust it, though. Oh, what? The red thing lets us unscrew a thing? We get a centrifuge cover. Can that be used in the analyzer? ...No, but the knife can. It's no longer usable, though. Argh, but we need three containers! We only have two. I finally find something to do with the centrifuge cover, and now there are letters. It looks like the word "orange" is there, but the rest is kinda fuzzy. Maybe there's also "blue" and "white"? Yeah, that's what the examination says. Orange, blue, white, and...pictures of dishes?

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#38
Unlike the last time, where I was still musing on the current puzzle after leaving mid-puzzle, I had nothing on the current one, but continued to think about the one I'd left off in last time. Really, with the knowledge it was multiplicative, figuring out which was 7 and which was 11 was all that was needed. Huh, but the title screen has the room we're in right now. The Biolab. Oh, hey, that door puzzle's more complex than I thought. It's not "hit five buttons", it's "hit each of the four buttons somewhere from 0-5 times". Oh, we can use the same liquid more than once in the analyzer, but that just means...that "orange, blue, white" is for that. We don't have orange, blue, or white. Which means that once again, we're at a standstill. Our only inventory items are the green liquid, the pink liquid, and the centrifuge cover with the hint. The fact that the centrifuge cover is still in our inventory suggests it has another use, but maybe it's just there to make sure we don't forget our hint before we can use it. Both the sink and the pig container have locked wheels. The computer next to the analyzer is off, and the drawer there is apparently decorative. The game notes that of the four specimens, only the butterfly can't be moved, but doesn't actually let us move the other three. We can't actually use the centrifuge. We can't adjust the microscope. We have no hint for the door. We can't use the clean bench for anything. We have no fifth cylinder to put in the empty space. What am I missing? And what's with the shelf of tools? I'm pretty sure we didn't pick up anything from there initially, but it's something we zoom in on. 6 to the 4th is 1296, so that's how many combinations it'd take to brute force the lock. Too many. Why can't I adjust the microscope?! I'm absolutely certain I've checked everything with everything. We need those orange, blue, and white liquids. ...Damnit, there was something on those shelves! "Set the dial to A to mix the liquids. Set the dial to B to separate the liquid". It's the centrifuge manual. Green separates into blue and yellow...which means pink will separate into red and white! And yellow and red will make orange. Using the analyzer reveals the fetus cylinder and also turns on a monitor. Yellow bird, purple fish, white dragonfly, red flower, blue human. I feel like this is some esoteric clue for the specimen puzzle. The butterfly is locked to position four, but the hint that's a bug looks like it ought to be either position three or position five. ...But there are only 24 possible solutions to this puzzle. You know what that means, right? It's finally time to just brute force one of these things! ...This doesn't seem to be working. I should probably have a pen and paper to take note of each order I've tried. Oh, wait, I know what to do! Red is 3, blue is 2, white is 1, yellow is 5. The microscope works fine on the separated liquids. Another arrange-the-pieces puzzle. Capsules...ah! Yellow 1, Purple 2, Blue 3, Red 5. And here we go. A fingerprint identification device...but it draws blood! Light by the sink turns on, and we can move it. It stops in the corner, but examining it again turns on the light by the pig. We got the pig! There's a drawer in the sink with a scalpel, so we cut it open and...we're done. Zero talks about 17 years ago, a woman died, carved open just like that pig. But her heart was still beating as it was carved out of her. A male suspect was quickly caught. He must've planned to escape via taxi as he called one before his capture. The police arrested him before he could use it. Instead, a genius surgeon crawled inside, headed for the hospital, a seriously ill patient awaiting his arrival for a life-saving treatment. However, the taxi got into an accident before it reached its destination, colliding with a large truck. Both the driver and the surgeon died, as did the young boy waiting for surgery. Life is truly unfair, don't you think?

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#39
Eric wonders what the point of him telling them this story was. Mira figures it's just an act, and doesn't mean anything. Q's not so sure. Anyway, it's time to begin the game. The pig's stomach contains three syringes, filled with Radical-6. Once infected, symptoms can take anywhere from 10 minutes to two hours to manifest, but once it happens, the host finds an irresistible urge to commit suicide. The mortality rate is 75%. Transmitted through liquids, it's extremely contagious. Of course, the mortality rate of FBR is 100%. An antagonistic relationship exists between the two viruses. If you were infected with Radical-6, it would be canceled out with the addition of FBR, and you are unaffected. Conversely, injecting Radical-6 into you after becoming infected with FBR will cause them to destroy each other, and there are no adverse effects. Q sums it up. Zero then claims to be a clairvoyant. If he had foreseen that they'd all choose to inject themselves with Radical-6 at this moment, he'd have coated the fingerprint authentication device with FBR, meaning they'd already be infected with it. On the other hand, if he'd foreseen that they wouldn't inject themselves, then he'd leave the needle clean, so they would not be infected with Fanatic Bio R. So if what Zero says is true, there's no reason to worry about the situation. Either way, their being saved is a foregone conclusion. Eric says that if that's the case, there's no reason to choose. But Q and Mira figure Zero is lying about being psychic. Well, it's decision time. Let's start with "don't inject". Q says that the important thing to determine is if they're already infected with FBR. He believes that they aren't, and in fact, that "Fantastic Bio R" doesn't sound like it should even exist. Eric says the same could be said of "Radical-6", but Q says there's no doubt Radical-6 is real, because he's heard of it before. Q thinks Zero wants them to become infected with Radical-6, but can't do it himself. The door opens, and Eric runs for it, followed by Q. Mira, however, takes a syringe before leaving. Back in the lounge, Eric asks Q if he was telling the truth about Radical-6. He can't explain why he knows about it, though. They ask for more info on Radical-6, starting with its name, which Q explains just as we learned in VLR. Mira finds this explanation satisfactory, but Eric wonders if it's really possible for thoughts to slow down like that. Q launches into some scientific babble. Mira makes him dumb it down to "the body's composition changes as a genetic switch is flipped." For example, the fact that parental experiences can sort of be passed down genetically, even though the genetics don't actually change. Mira screws with Eric for a bit, suggesting that if the two of them did it, the baby might be psychic. Oh, because of the danger they were in. If someone infected with the virus were to go outside, it would end humanity. C-Team's dead, but D-Team's still all alive. FIRE, CRASH, FIVE. Huh, thought I saw those before, but Control+F didn't reveal it. Must've been in the lost post. Eric believes C-Team is still alive, but Mira and Q don't. Eric asks Gab his opinion, because Eric's clearly losing it. They get injected with the sleep/memory loss drugs...that could be related to the spread of Radical-6. Anyway, there's something I noticed in Zero's story this time...the heart was removed from the woman, still alive. Doesn't that sound like Mira's MO? She did say she was fairly young the first time she did it, so...it could've been 17 years ago.

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#40
Anyway, now it's time to go back and inject the Radical-6. Q's reasoning this time is that regardless of whether Zero is psychic or not, there are two variables: whether or not they're infected with FBR, and whether or not they inject themselves with Radical-6. Obviously, if the answer to both questions is yes, or if it's no to both, they'll be fine. But if it's yes to the first alone, there's a 100% chance that they die of FBR, whereas if it's yes to the second alone, Radical-6 only has a 75% mortality rate. So not injecting it has only a 50% chance of survival, while injecting it has a 62.5% chance. They're back in the lounge...Mira says that Eric's laugh is kind of strange. He says it's a bad habit he's had since he was a kid. He talks about his childhood. But he says his childhood was totally normal. Kind mom, clumsy dad, annoying little brother. Flashback to Chris and Eric fighting. Their mom says that no matter how painful things get, you should never forget to smile, because smiles have a strange power and can make everyone else around you happy too. This seems so damn banal, and nothing at all like the traumatic past...oh. Dad changed when they lost Mom. The abusive father from the other flashbacks, that's from after Mom died. "Don't cry. Don't get mad. Always be sure to smile." But he was always angry. So Eric started smiling all the time, no matter how unhappy he was. Even after Dad fell ill and died. He has two smiles, the one taught by his Mom and the one forced by his Dad, and they got kind of mixed up. He's afraid of ending up like his father, but it was no use. The worst part of him came to the front after they got trapped there. Q says Eric never mentioned having a little brother, and Eric says that yeah, about Q's age. Q interprets that in that he's that age now, and wonders if they'd be friends. Eric tries to change the subject. He's sorry for turning the mood dark. Mira finds this funny. A joke. But listening to it was a lot of fun. Q wonders how that was a "joke". Oh, her inability to understand proper emotions is coming out. And now she's stabbed Eric in the back with the scalpel. She's laughing as she advances on Q. Is this Radical-6, or just Mira's crazy?

Huh, C-Team's last fragment has an interesting name, too. "Ambidex." They're in the nuclear reactor room. 00:10. We find out that Maria is 22 years old. She's been in the hospital for...ten years?

Meanwhile, it's been ten years that Akane wanted to be able to say that to Junpei. Carlos again suggests Junpei is Akane's boyfriend, which Junpei denies. Heh, if this is one year after 999, then Junpei and Akane should be 22, as well. Carlos apologizes for making things awkward. And already time for the escape sequence...but I think I should probably call it a night.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Tsunami does blind playthroughs of VNs--Grand Revival [spoilers] [ztd] [aa6]