You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Tsunami does blind playthroughs of VNs--Grand Revival [spoilers] [ztd] [aa6]

User Info: TsunamiXXVIII

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#11
I'm honestly stumped here. The people get moved whenever they've been knocked out. That much, we know. So who's moving them? Whoever it is is probably the one who killed Junpei. Given that Sigma, Phi, and Akane have to specifically infiltrate this, two of them using time travel to do so, I doubt they're the Zero here. Same goes for Junpei. So probably one of the members of Team Q...that's the most likely source for a Zero. Though I suppose it could be Carlos. I do wonder, though, if I directly input the name of a character in another Ward, how will Carlos react?

...Ha. The game says "Not likely to be Q-Team" and doesn't let me go on. Error also comes up when I try "No one". Only one thing left to try...and honestly, of the three members of C-Team, I actually find this the most plausible.

"The dead cannot kill anyone". I applaud you for your creative error messages, but how is suggesting it's a suicide not an option when Carlos said that he had to remove the killer even if it was himself? I''ll bet this is the fork, though. ...Fine, I'll go with the timeline I saw from Q team, even though Mira's not dead so this isn't actually the same timeline. I accuse Akane, as implausible as it seems.

Wait. Blood, a bracelet on the floor, falling off freely...and then Carlos strikes Akane with the axe? Holy s***, that means...Carlos has no bracelet! Nor a left arm! Except he does. Maybe? He's holding that arm, maybe it is partially missing. I use the flowchart to try to get back to that decision. Hah...the flowchart is crazy. And yes, the bit I did of Q-Team's is directly downstream from the choice I just made. I go to the choice and accuse Carlos this time. He realizes she'd never do that to Junpei, and so it could only be Carlos. He warns her not to come any closer, saying he's dangerous, and his body moves against his will. He turns the axe blade upon his own neck and cuts in. Also, I noticed on the flowchart that the ending I got in the Rec Room is called "The 99.537% Reality." Cute, game. Now I want to jump to that all the more. I figure it's rigged to always fail the first time, but always succeed the second.

It does not succeed the second. They wouldn't really put a mandatory 1 in 216 chance in a Visual Novel, would they? Extremely rare events are for RPGs! I have half a mind to flip to a path where a team died at 13:30, but I won't. D-Team, you're up. "Outbreak". Oh god, it's Radical-6. We're in what appears to be the GAULEM Bay. It's actually "Manufacturing"...oh dear, and it's 18:10. We already know from both other paths that D-Team doesn't survive 18:10. We get a screwdriver tip and a stun gun, and three blueprints, two of which say "Cut Charley" and "Cut Betty". There's also a note that says: "From the far left -> 4 right -> 1 left -> 2 left -> 4 right -> 3 left -> Boot up!"

Cut Charley? But Charley has been our faithful companion for over a decade! We've got wire cutters, too. And now we've got a screwdriver head, which we combine with the grip to make a screwdriver. Note two says White Red Blue. Note three says Alex Betty Charley. So Charley is Blue, Alex is White, and Betty is Red. There's some sort of bomb thing, which we'll probably blow up to get out. Huh, and examining these machines now results in talking about the bomb. ...Ah, we stun gun the high volt thingy...Ah, damnit, that means "start with the one on the far left, then do the 5th from the left second". You're killing me, game.

Alex seems friendly enough, but Betty wants to set us up the bomb. And no, that's not me doing a Zero Wing shout-out, it's the game. Charley's kind of rude, but better than Betty.
Also known as Cyberchao X.

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#12
I am as confused as ever. There doesn't seem to be anything we can interact with using any of our tools, including the three robots. We "don't need" the crane "yet"; the floor panel is still impassible, every other machine is "strange", and the three robots are polite, asking us to set up the bomb timer to zero seconds (and calling us stupid for not doing so), and rude; and the colored machines are all acting like they're bombs too, even though I see no red or blue balls in them. And we still can't even pan to the apparent drawer on the front of the hi-volt connector. Heh, finally got to see the bomb timer display. Can't set it, though. I try examining the inventory...no help. I'm thoroughly out of ideas. I'm quite certain I've clicked everything with every item. Ah, well, the advantage of this fragmented storyline is that I can just give up and try another fragment if I ever decide I'm stuck.

Heh. Third time's the charm, they say. I return to the rec room, and after getting 1-3-5 and 2-3-5, I get 1-1-1. Junpei's deliriously happy to be alive, while the other two seem stunned. And we get our first typo. "Let's blow this popcicle stand." Junpei's getting drunk in the lounge. But I've still got a bad feeling about this, because not only did five out of the other six...oh, wait, Akane knows that this didn't happen on the first try. She specifically says what the odds would be if they'd done it three times, though she doesn't get it exactly right...though that close to 0%, the additive version isn't that far off. She's got some weird analogies, like a 100-round rock-paper-scissors tournament. The anthropic principle...the one who lives on does so due to circumstance.

So as I was saying before Akane used her esper powers, not only did five out of six of the others die on this timeline, but the survivor came from the team that Team C didn't vote for. So they could suspect that Team D betrayed Team Q. Sure enough, there goes the announcement. But the X-Passes are all different! Eye, Kill, Fool, Moon, Fate. If I'd been paying attention before, I wouldn't have even needed to guess; there's a board that displays all of the deaths and the X-Passes. Eye is Q, Kill is Mira, Fool is Eric, Moon is Diana, Fate is Sigma. Hmmm...Mira is Kill? Not Eric? Ah, well, Eric didn't actually kill Chris, he just helped cover it up. Anyway, we're back on the team selection screen. I jump to another of D-Team's...this one has a three-way split. There's a pistol...in a lock? "Fire", it says. Trash Disposal Room. 18:06...ah. That's close enough...Phi's already missing. She survives because she's not here. Oh, wait, there she is. Locked in...something? The incinerator. Wait, THE INCINERATOR? Oh motherf***er. You know what, let's call it a night. I'd been drinking, too, before I came back up here; I'm surprised I got as far as I did although I feel like I'm sober now. And admittedly I only solved about half a puzzle room. Everything from after the solving of the dodecahedron (as in, I'd finished the puzzle, but had yet to see my reward, when I was called away.)

Night, all.

Edit: Ah, wait, I just realized I screwed up. 18:10 is the one where D-Team all dies. This game is so damn annoying, because you can't play any section without knowing how a couple of others will end. Maybe. Mira died at 18:10 when I was playing Q-Team, but not C-Team. So if I'd actually finished the Pantry on the first try, I would've been surprised by Mira's death.
(edited 2 months ago)

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#13
30 minutes in-game time until Phi gets incinerated. Gas torch, coin at the base of a thermometer, and a slider puzzle, three letters. Phi needs more light to see anything on her side. A three-digit number input for a dust chute. A padlocked box suspended from the ceiling, containing a revolver. A locker contains a toolbox and night vision goggles. At least, that might be what they are? Looking through them, the numbered puzzle has a display next to it with two screws and a screwdriver. Goggles also show the letters "TIC". That opens the shutters, allowing Phi to see. A flathead screwdriver is found in there, and it can be used to unscrew a wall panel. 188 lbs. She also gets the screws from the panel. I find a thermometer, but it can't be taken. I try 188 in the number puzzle. No good. Oh, there's a weighing station...the two screws are 22 grams, and the screwdriver is 133. So 155 is our key. We can use the dust chute to send things to Phi now, so we send the screwed-shut toolbox. It creates a puzzle. The bottom reveals a note: Max out the needle! I send the gas torch over to Phi, and it lets the coin escape from the thermometer on Diana and Sigma's side when Phi uses it on the thermometer on her side. The coin is used to unscrew the grate over a switch on Sigma and Diana's side, which makes a chair come up. Diana sits on it, and nothing happens, so Sigma tries it next and ends up restrained. It drops the box from the ceiling, though. The chain allows Diana to hold onto it while sending it through to Phi, so Phi can unlock it and Diana can get the gun. The gun barrel fits into the lock for "stop", and this ends the escape sequence...but upon turning, the gun automatically flips up so that it's now pointed at Sigma! Zero starts talking about the preparations being complete and a story about the past. A woman died 17 years ago, an innocent man was sentenced to death, and his wife took her own life; a taxi driver and his passenger, a surgeon, were killed in an accident, and this led to a child awaiting a critical operation perishing as well. Why did these six die? Because of a snail. A single solitary snail took the lives of these six people...no, not just six, but six billion. Six billion people will lose their lives as a result of that one snail. Isn't life unfair? And now he explains the rules. A revolver is set up beside the chair. It contains six rounds. Three are live and three are blank. The sound of the revolver's discharge, be it live or blank, will open the door to the incinerator. Three minutes left until the incinerator fires...

Sigma tells Diana to pull the trigger. If she doesn't, he has a 100% chance of survival, but Phi's is 0%, whereas if she does, Phi definitely survives and he still has a 50% chance of survival. Phi asks he consider everyone else's feelings. What if it is live? Then Diana blew Sigma's head off with her own hands. Diana comes to the logical conclusion. I get a decision game and choose to pull the trigger. Or did I? I thought I did, but it plays out as though I didn't pull the trigger. Also, this music is fire, no pun intended. The doors open now that the incineration is done. Flashback to two days ago...Phi's medallion. The one that played such a big role in her ending of VLR, specifically the second AB game. She talks about her mother dying in childbirth, and no leads on who her father is. Also a little bit of ship tease. Geez, with this music, I feel like I'm back to playing CLANNAD!

Gab's with them as they hear the results. Phi and the whole of Q-Team. Future, Eye, Kill, Fool. Same ones for Q-team as in the Pantry escape. Sigma figures C-Team had voted for Q-Team...wait, isn't this a timeline where D-team voted for C-team? You're screwing up, Sigma! The mind wipe will come again. I redo the last decision and choose to shoot. As I expect, first time making this decision, it's a live round. Phi is pissed. She says she doesn't matter at all. Diana then puts the gun to her own head and fires again. Ah, this is the version we saw where only Phi lives.

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#14
Going to note the beauty that the one that says "Edit:" ended up having to be edited here, too.

Hm, the other one's not a game over, but that was. Anyway, there were three branches to that fragment, so I have to shoot again and get a blank. I think the music's different this time? Yeah, definitely is. A blank. Sigma's ears hurt from having a gun discharge right next to his head, but he's otherwise fine. Phi's still angry at them, or rather, at Diana. Sigma thinks Phi's being unreasonable and should be thanking Diana. Again, Q-Team is dead. They still think it was the result of the vote at 13:30. Diana's seeing something...glowing red collars around their necks? And now everyone's poisoned or something. Gab comes in. Akane sent an antidote. Phi is suspicious... Sigma says they can trust Akane, but Phi thinks Carlos could've forced her to write it. She correctly surmises that C-team voted for Q-team...well, okay, yeah, the very fact that both C-team and D-team are alive means that C-team did vote for Q-team, because D-team didn't. Except...by the rules of the game, Q-team might have been penalized for not voting, in which case Phi's conclusion is wrong. Sigma points out that they have nothing to lose; they're already dying.

I choose to take the antidote. Phi's confused. She figures C-Team has fractured, because she's still convinced that Carlos wanted everyone dead and Akane sending the antidote represents a betrayal of Carlos. Phi reveals that she's actually a redhead and has been dyeing her hair. It's...kind of obvious, actually, especially with Diana on her team. They have the same color eyebrows. Zero says it's good they're okay, and they should rejoice as they have a dark future ahead of them. Again, they'll be made to forget the last 90 minutes.

Q-Team's up...a 4-way split? The opening graphic has Q with some sort of bladed weapon. 18:10. Eric's searching other rooms...Mira says they've searched all of them, but Q points out that there was one they couldn't get into. Eric cries out. He found a secret door. Library. Q has a flashback when asked if he likes to read. Still embers in the fireplace...Zero was here recently, Mira thinks. So it's Zero's Study...We can go upstairs and downstairs. There's a chair with a keyboard, but no power; four small figurines. There's a note about the meaning of the dolls' poses. Confirm/deny. There's a "confirm" over a door up here--the moon safe. Four-letter key needed for a cylinder. More safes we can't open...and a poster with odd caricatures of the cast. Carlos and to a lesser extent Mira and Phi look pretty normal (though the latter has her newly revealed real hair color), but of note is that the one that can only correspond to Q looks female. Oh, no, it's just a matryoshka doll. Speaking of which, I just realized that Junpei's is a voodoo doll. Akane's is a moe catgirl. I wish Sigma were here to comment on it, nya. Another safe, with a deny doll. But that seems to be all we have. Oh, the desk drawer has the human mark key! In the human safe is part D, the star key, a handgun, and the bird man card. HFGY. I try it on the bird man cylinder and it doesn't open. I get a hint that maybe the four figures on the table are related. I suddenly remember that the confirm/deny switches NIL to EXIST, which is exactly the right set of lengths for the two safes. The EXIST safe has Part F and a lever that powers up the chair. The NIL safe has Part E, a crossbow, and the Sun Card, which has NIL below a target. I combine parts E and F to make part EF, but can't combine that with part D. Five spaces for the keyboard input; letters and numbers available. The star safe has part C, which I combine with part D to make Part CD, and the moon card, which also says NIL. Oh, Star key gave the hint to moon safe, which gave hint to sun safe. I did them out of order. Plus another note. S-02-16. That's for the chair. It gets another note on the Polovtsian dolls. 3 down for grass dance, 5 for sand, 7 for wind. So... MIND.

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#15
Part B appears, along with a note that says Bullet for C-team, Arrow for Q-team, Acid for D-Team. The last is crossed out. So fire the crossbow at the members of Q-team and the handgun at the members of C-team. This reveals a grenade launcher behind Q's portrait. This is fired from the second floor to break open the cracked safe. Three dolls are in there, along with part A. This gets combined for Part AB, then Part ABCD and finally the combined key. The note says J-05-03. The dolls say this means Q-12-10. That merely retrieves the blueprint for the combined key, though. All that's inside is a note that says kill one. We then see Junpei's frozen head and Carlos taking the axe to himself. And D-team's all gone, as expected. Fight, Jump, Blue, Red, Milk. So Carlos is Fight. And there are three weapons...everyone's pointing a weapon at someone else. Standoff. I see why there are so many branches. Who will you kill?

Eric is a jackass and I don't like him. Let's kill him first. Q turns from Mira to Eric and fires the crossbow. Then Mira finishes him off with the gun. If it's for Mira's sake, Eric's okay with dying. She's surprised that his last words were the same as "her first's". I think she's a professional killer! She doesn't understand how feelings work. She doesn't understand why facial expressions change. Okay, not a professional killer. Just a psychopath. She killed a random woman because she wanted to know what a "heart" was. And she received forgiveness, as long as she never did anything like that again. And she found the heart. And she received a warm sensation, and realized that that was when to smile, and she wanted to reach out and touch as many hearts as possible. And she did, and got better at it, but she never could find that comforting warmth until she met Eric. She could tell as soon as she met him that he was worthless, but for some reason, she still took interest in him. She's absolutely crazy. I'm thinking her first victim actually was her mother. Eric's X-pass this time is "POOR". Q seems to have figured out the meaning of the "Let's Inhibit the Virus" anagram. The truth is invisible. And...we're allowed to enter the X-Passes! ...Roll credits. I had a feeling, when I heard that much of Mira's backstory...I'll bet this is the Mira Ending. Well, it just says Q-End: 1. A picture of a crossbow appears on the endings list. Might as well finish off this branch, though I didn't plan to initially. Mira's turn, after that last display. Q fires at Mira, but Eric intercepts the crossbow bolt...and Mira says that that's bad; if you do it there, his heart will be gone. Mira's not happy. Q gets shot. He gets announced as deceased before giving his last words. Q's turn. I press "Q", and it says "Please input Q's name". I try "Chris" and get an error message. Seems I can't finish this branch until I learn something else...but there are four branches. I try "Zero", and it says "Do not know identity". Hm, makes me wonder...is this a very important fragment? It already got me one ending, and it seems that the remaining two branches are probably both blocked off at the moment. Ah, well...time to jump back to a 13:30. I go back to D-team and select Q-Team. Sure enough, Q-team has the collars on. They're in the Pod Room. They receive the news that they received two votes. Mors certa, hora incerta. And kaboom. Your head asplode. Might as well finish out the other two. I jump into C's vote to flip it to D. They're collared in the Healing Room. Phi suggests that she and Sigma jump. I finish the flips by switching Q's vote. I'll take care of C-Team's execution some other time, I guess.

Hmm...there's another option on the Pod Room segment? I input Eric's name. He still shoots Q. C'est la mort.

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#16
...Damnit, the last set of updates wasn't caught in the cached version. Ah, well, there was a minor blind spot in the 999 playthrough, too. I remember finding out that Carlos was an esper, getting angry about the manufacturing room being a pixel hunt and otherwise a fairly short escape sequence, and freaking out because an entire fragment both lacked any sort of escape sequence and had the "obvious wrong choice" in fact be major progression, to the point that I had to reload an earlier save in order to avoid getting railroaded into a new fragment when I still had so many others to check out.

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#17
Okay bump again.

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#18
Change of plans. Looks like I have a bit of time tonight after all.

As I suggested at the end of my last post, I will now be pushing the big yellow button. It almost feels like Diana realizes that her actions are being controlled by the player instead of herself. Wait...I just got a strange idea. What if this is actually the birth of Radical-6?

Well, even though we're in a D-team fragment, we pan in on C-Team. Trapped in the decontamination room. Q-Team is, also, and Q feels he's been trapped in there before. All three members of C-Team sense the importance of the button. Q thinks they've forgotten about it via memory loss.

Then the showers come on. For a moment I actually thought Zero had lied about what the buttons did.

After midnight. 2029. Casualty announcement. SHIFT, SIX, RING, AGE, HEART, LOVE. Hmm...Six being Akane is obvious, and I guess I understand why Mira is Heart. But the other four bring up some mysteries. (Shift=Carlos; Ring=Junpei; Age=Q; Love=Eric)

Phi confirms that Diana didn't actively choose to hit the button. She said it was as if someone had taken control of her body. Phi thinks it's alien hand syndrome. She explains it, how it's caused by a faulty connection between the left and right hemispheres of the brain. Then she turns back into the smart-aleck we all know and love, claiming to have "alien mouth syndrome". Sigma wants to believe that the six names are still alive. Diana's certain they aren't. Time to input the X-Passes. Second time I've gotten to do this.

Diana refuses to leave. She runs back into the shelter!

"Wonderful acting. It's an excellent strategy! Your actions in the Decontamination Room--I'm surprised you thought of it so fast. At that moment, all you wanted was to get out quickly. To make that a reality, it just happened that the fastest way was to touch a yellow button and kill the other six participants. However, pressing the button just like that would make you a murderer. A bad person. And even if you did escape after, in a court of law, what you did would be considered bad by judge and jury. So you thought, how could I make this not as bad for me... What you came up with was oh so simple. You simply needed multiple personalities." Zero, you bastard! He then accuses Diana of refusing to believe because by doing something unbeneficial to herself, she makes the "multiple personalities" lie more believable. And Phi will bring a rescue team back, so nothing lost. And he closes by saying "Let us meet again somewhere. Stabat mater dolorosa. I will be awaiting that moment..." And then it's a game over. Well, full openness again. Might as well go back to the 13:30 votes to pick up the last execution. Oh, hey, more Latin! Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#19
Safety bump

TsunamiXXVIII
2 months ago#20
And again
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Tsunami does blind playthroughs of VNs--Grand Revival [spoilers] [ztd] [aa6]