You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Anime & Manga (And Crabs) Discussion Topic 1

User Info: Reg

Reg
1 month ago#301
MariaTaylor posted...
okay yeah that part confused me. they said he threw 171 and them immediately said he threw 151, and it showed 151 on the board.

heh

That does mean The 154 that Furuya threw at the start of this episode is the fastest of the tournament btw

User Info: pjbasis

pjbasis
1 month ago#302
Reg posted...
pjbasis posted...
Reg posted...
for the record there is no such thing as a pitcher at Koshien throwing 171 km/h, in real life or in anime

🤔

Subtitles are lying to you and off by a full 20 km/h

I just mean throwing superhuman pitches sounds like the kind of the thing that does happen in anime.
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr345/Rakaputra/B8%20Girls%202012/pjbas.png
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Mac Arrowny

Mac Arrowny
1 month ago#303
Watched up to Boogiepop 13.

Arc was quite excellent. Probably the best yet yeah. Kisugi by far my favorite character so far. Too bad she died. She had something of a Hannibal Lector (from the TV show) feel to her, which is pretty much the best sort of feeling for a villain to have. I haven't found any of the other villains likable, but I liked her a lot.

Not quite sure what to think of the themes of this series, especially after Boogiepop said Towa's not an enemy in the previous arc. Both of them kinda have the goal of hunting down people who are no longer normal. So what's the show trying to say? Being normal is best? If you're abnormal there's something wrong with you? Conforming is all the best choice, no matter how you feel inside? I mean, Boogiepop was seemingly happy to let Mo Murder run free killing dozens of people - because those were people Boogiepop didn't care to protect? Usually I don't care about themes but this one doesn't seem so great.
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you.

User Info: profDEADPOOL

profDEADPOOL
1 month ago#304
Boogiepop is so far from normal tho??? That seems kinda hypocritical if that's actually Boogiepop's stance that conforming is necessary, cause they sure as f*** don't conform.
"Let's all go play nagasaki. We can all get vaporized. Hold my hand, let's turn to ash. I'll see you on the other side."
(edited 1 month ago)

Mac Arrowny
1 month ago#305
Yeah. There was also a line in there about evolved people being behind Towa, though I might've misinterpreted it. So maybe it's more about the hypocrisy of those with power? Boogiepop is kinda presented as a good guy though, so I dunno. It's a bit odd how the first scene of the series kinda shows us a side of Boogiepop that we haven't seen since, with the worry about someone who's crying. Though I guess that could've been a lie since if Echoes had kept crying the Earth could've been destroyed so it's not as compassionate a gesture as it might've first seemed...

User Info: MariaTaylor

MariaTaylor
1 month ago#306
I think Boogiepop wants to let weird people exist without being persecuted for their weirdness, but they also want to make sure there is a place for normal people in normal society. so if anyone starts getting too weird, to the point where they are trying to disrupt or destroy society, they will step in.
I can see a better time, when all our dreams come true
https://i.imgur.com/IHrHuOF.png

Mac Arrowny
1 month ago#307
But again, wouldn't Mo Murder fit into that category? He killed more people than anyone else in the show.

MariaTaylor
1 month ago#308
yeah you're probably right, there. I think the morality of the show in general, and of boogiepop, is pretty nebulous. even what I said was probably giving Boogiepop too much credit. they are not supposed to be this protector who keeps human society safe, or anything like that.

boogiepop is specifically an automatic response that rises to the surface whenever he is needed. I don't think anyone fully understands what those criteria are. at least not at this point in the story. maybe it's explained better in later novels.

User Info: KommunistKoala

KommunistKoala
1 month ago#309
fruits basket was gud
does anyone even read this

MariaTaylor
1 month ago#310
since I haven't watched anything from this season yet, would anyone be interested in another round of pre-season write ups from me?
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Anime & Manga (And Crabs) Discussion Topic 1