You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Anime & Manga (And Crabs) Discussion Topic 1
(message deleted)

User Info: TexasZea

TexasZea
4 months ago#22
the promised neverland episode 1 - was a pretty good premier. but I'm intrigued to see where it goes. I would give it about two monkeys out of one crab

boogiepop episode 1 - first of all I have to admit I made the grave error of not watching episode 2 immediately after this one so my opinion is valid. the story seems interesting but not SUPER interesting so far. overall I would give this a 'I will probably have a panic attack wondering if I should just read the novels and ignore the anime' out of 5 crabs
respek

TexasZea
4 months ago#23
shield hero episode 1 - I like the concept of a shield being a joke since I used to make jokes like that in maria's RPGs. this was okay I guess, probably one of those things that's only holding my attention because I feel interested in anime right now. I didn't really like how the MC seemed to go from a loser to a BADASS basically immediately. the episode felt pretty generic isekai to me overall but also not as bad as some of those shows are.

boogiepop 2 - still not super into this yet but the main girl (I think?) seems pretty cool. this show gives me an early 2000s anime vibe which is a nice change of pace.

gonna check out kaguya and dororo too, probably it for me this season.
respek
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: MariaTaylor

MariaTaylor
4 months ago#24
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen : Now that is what I call a title. Now just imagine I typed all of that just so I could tell you that I'm not interested in this genius love comedy battle. 2 Crabs out of 9 Crabs.

Date A Live III : Hey, this is a sequel to a show where I watched part of the first season and sort of enjoyed it. No way I'm catching up, though. PASS. NO CRABS FOR YOU.

Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita : 4koma series have been pretty surprisingly good for me in the past. This one is about a college student falling in love with a fifth grader, though. So... uh... 35 Crabs out of 100 Crabs. One Crab for each year I'd spend in prison for watching this show.

Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue : Hey this is that cat anime that literally has the PUN seal of approval. Sadly I have no real empathy and I think shows about cute animals would probably do nothing for me. 2 Crabs out of 13 Crabs.

Egao no Daika : A mecha sci fi space series that kinda fits this same nebulous mold as the ones that get made every season and don't really appeal to me too much for whatever reason. I really like sci fi and I have enjoyed some sci fi anime in the past, but I would say in general that western sci-fi is more what I'm into and eastern sci-fi is nothing like it most of the time. Not sure if I can explain it better than that. 3 Crabs out of 7 Crabs.

BK_Sheikah00 posted...
Do they say which e sports?

it's a made up sport literally just called Circlet Princess.

TexasZea posted...
boogiepop episode 1 - first of all I have to admit I made the grave error of not watching episode 2 immediately after this one so my opinion is valid. the story seems interesting but not SUPER interesting so far. overall I would give this a 'I will probably have a panic attack wondering if I should just read the novels and ignore the anime' out of 5 crabs

I'm about to have a mental breakdown over whether this glorious crab topic is going to die if I don't personally post in it every 2 hours.

but I will at least finish these write ups and then make a list of first episodes to check out. so far it looks like this:

5-Touban no Hanayome
Endro!
Circlet Princess
Yakusoku no Neverland

maybe Watashi ni Tenshi if I still feel like watching anime after I finish all the other high priority shows.
I can see a better time, when all our dreams come true
https://i.imgur.com/XMoEx.jpg

User Info: KommunistKoala

KommunistKoala
4 months ago#25
No mob psycho 2? Cant remember if you watched the first season
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!

User Info: KommunistKoala

KommunistKoala
4 months ago#26
That was to zea to be clear
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!

TexasZea
4 months ago#27
KommunistKoala posted...
No mob psycho 2? Cant remember if you watched the first season

I watched some of it, never finished it

it's something I would want to do at some point probably but I don't feel like watching it right now
respek

MariaTaylor
4 months ago#28
Kemurikusa : So basically this looks like somebody won a 'short animation' contest and they decided to turn that concept into a fully anime. That worries me because it's not often a simple visually driven plot would stand up to the same scrutiny as a full TV series. The synopsis says virtually nothing about the depth of the story or characters, so, uh, not looking too nautical to me. 2 Crabs out of 17 Crabs.

Pastel Memories : The description of this anime literally sounds more like the synopsis for a mobile game than a TV series. Considering those games usually have AWFUL writing, and this would even lack the interactive element of being a game... no thanks, my barnacle brothers. 1 Crab out of 19 Crabs.

Kemono Friends 2 : Sequel-itis. No CRABS.

Rinshi! Ekoda-chan : I have no idea what this is but it feels like a known IP that is already popular in japan. The synopsis sounds like it could be something fun or it could be something stupid, but it lacks the details to even make a guess as for which it would be. Exactly 49 Crabs out of 101 Crabs.

Dimension High School : So this is some kind of real life idols playing the role of students who get transported to an anime world just to play the role of anime students... thing. Uh, pass. 1 Crab out of 54 Crabs.

wow nothing from this batch even makes it onto the list. how sad for you.

User Info: profDEADPOOL

profDEADPOOL
4 months ago#29
MariaTaylor posted...
5-Touban no Hanayome

First episode was p good but manga is def better
"Let's all go play nagasaki. We can all get vaporized. Hold my hand, let's turn to ash. I'll see you on the other side."

MariaTaylor
4 months ago#30
Star (STAR) Twinkle PreCure : As someone who watched and loved the original Futari wa PreCure! and I've also checked out and generally enjoyed other Pretty Cure series over the years I can definitely honestly say I know myself well enough to know I'm not really in the mood to check out a PreCure series right now. 3 Crabs out of 7 Crabs.

Mob Psycho 100 (II) : Haven't watched the first season yet, so I can't comment on this. I wasn't a huge fan of One Punch Man either so I'm not super enthused to see anything else by the same creator.

Kakegurui xx : Another sequel to another show I haven't seen.

Dororo : Some kind of demon fighting samurai series. Honestly I'd have to hear some pretty amazing reviews about this before I'd even consider checking it out. 4 Crabs out of 9 Crabs.

Domestic na Kanojo : Well that synopsis went about exactly where I expected it to go, and, like, at lightning speed. Probably pass on this although it theoretically contains some elements that I enjoy, it doesn't really seem like it has the kind of presentation that I'm actually into. 2 Crabs out of 11 Crabs.

Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka : I actually really love stories that take place "after" the great crisis or the huge world ending event was already resolved, so I was pretty hyped at like the first three lines of this synopsis. Then... ehhh.... so basically the same exact monsters show up again and the same heroes need to save the world in the same exact way again. That, uh, kinda defeats the purpose. 1 Crab out of 12 Crabs.

3D Kanojo Real Girl 2 : lmao 3D lmao real girls lmao it's also a sequel. least crab-like thing I've ever seen.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Anime & Manga (And Crabs) Discussion Topic 1