You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Se7en Ranks 1,300 songs from the --{| 70's| 80's| 90's| 00's| 10's |}-- #7

User Info: Johnbobb

Johnbobb
1 month ago#311
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove

REEEEEIGN OOOOON MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Khal Kirby, warlord of the Super Star Khalasar
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ https://goo.gl/Diw2hs

User Info: Se7enthrust

Se7enthrust
1 month ago#312
====================================
{ 717th Place } [00's][ 183rd Place]
Song: "I Wanna Love You"
Band: Akon
Album: Konvicted
---{ 2006 }---
Genre: R & B
Score:[8.2][7.2][8.2][6.3][3.3][7.1][10.1] = [50.4] = [7.2]
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJzF7H2e3Tw

Write-Up:
I really like the melody of this tune and it features Snoop Dogg which is kinda cool. The chorus can get a bit whiny in repeated listens but it can easily be overlooked. The sex appeal in the video here though is through the roof and I've been distracted a few times by some of the choreography lol. This is the first ranking of an Akon song but if you are a fan don't worry I got 2 more to come. I haven't sampled a ton of Akon's discography but he tends to get into the beats of his tunes. The 00's are dropping slower than any of the other decades and we are still outside of the Top 160 for this one so you might be able to discern that there will be lots of good songs from the decade to come if I'm dumping hits like this one already.
"Best read of the game goes to se7en. Who correctly surmised this town is full of idiots." - Corrik
Se7enthrust ~ Dude_Dexter

Se7enthrust
1 month ago#313
{ 716th Place } [70's][ 84th Place]
Song: "Hold The Line"
Band: Toto
Album: Toto
---{ 1978 }---
Genre: Pop Rock
Score:[8.2][8.3][6.3][7.2][3.1][8.1][9.2] = [50.4] = [7.2]
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htgr3pvBr-I

Write-Up:
A blast from the past for sure and one of the few successful hits of the famous Africa creators; Toto. It's kind of amazing to me how many people have heard Africa and know Toto performed it but cannot name another song by the band. This song actually did pretty well considering. I don't really know if I can relate to the message but it's a love song sort of I guess. I always think this song is from the 80's because when I think of Toto I immediately think of the 80's. It's sort of weird knowing close to nothing about a band that impacted almost all of my youth with a single song but it is what it is. Sorry for the short write-up on such a classic tune.
"Best read of the game goes to se7en. Who correctly surmised this town is full of idiots." - Corrik

Se7enthrust
1 month ago#314
{ 715th Place } [00's][ 182nd Place] @Alanna82
Song: "Who Let The Dogs Out?"
Band: Baha Men
Album: Who Let The Dogs Out?
---{ 2000 }---
Genre: Soca
Score:[7.3][7.2][6.1][8.3][7.2][5.2][9.2] = [50.5] = [7.214]
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkuu0Lwb5EM

Write-Up:
Kicking off a 12 song run of 7.214 pointers we have I think the only nomination from Corrik who offered the nomination as a filler tune which I think I had to place on Alanna's list because it hadn't been filled all the way. Not sure if he suggested it as a serious nomination or a joke but it's here and surprisingly it has climbed a decent distance up the list. Personally I really kinda hate this song. It's just so dumb sounding to me that I would normally glaze over it for selection on any list that I'd compile. Unfortunately for you Alanna, this brings you down to 3 nominations remaining but it does bump you into the 1st place position in the Nominator Challenge atm.

Se7enthrust
4 weeks ago#315
{ 714th Place } [90's][ 177th Place]
Song: "Black Hole Sun"
Band: Soundgarden
Album: Superunknown
---{ 1994 }---
Genre: Grunge Rock
Score:[7.2][8.3][7.2][5.2][6.2][6.1][10.3] = [50.5] = [7.214]
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QehmJURKlJs

Write-Up:
Interesting that this is only the 2nd Grunge Rock song to make an appearance in the ranking but I do say imo, must be one of the grungiest rock songs ever created. It's one of the most depressingly melancholic songs I've ever heard too tbh. My wife is a pretty big Chris Cornell fan though and this was one of her favorite high school themes. Should I be worried about that? lol j/k. She just hung out with a bunch of metal heads. There were a lot of them in her school for some reason but it could have been worse I guess. She could have been practicing witchcraft or something to which there actually were a crazy number of goth girls at my high school oddly enough. Glad I chose not to date local lol. Wth. Had to change the link to the video because it contained a derogatory term.

Se7enthrust
4 weeks ago#316
{ 713th Place } [80's][ 160th Place]
Song: "Photograph"
Band: Def Leppard
Album: Pyromania
---{ 1983 }---
Genre: Hard Rock
Score:[8.1][7.3][5.3][7.3][8.2][4.2][10.1] = [50.5] = [7.214]
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ5bS3_BCDs

Write-Up:
Not to be confused with Ed Sheeran's Photograph song is a classic from the 80's and a decent one at that. It topped some charts and is considered one of the top 500 hard rock songs of all time according to a couple of sources. It is only 1 of 2 Def Leppard songs included in this ranking. I never was a big Def Leppard fan but there is at least one tune I like better than anything else they have done and at least you'll get to hear that later on. I don't remember which films they were but I definitely recall hearing this used in a few movies. Hot Tub Time Machine was possibly one of them. Anyway, I'm not saying much here that can be called useful knowledge so I'll just move on.

Se7enthrust
4 weeks ago#317
{ 712th Place } [70's][ 83rd Place]
Song: "The Locomotion"
Band: Grand Funk Railroad
Album: Shinin' On
---{ 1974 }---
Genre: Hard Rock
Score:[8.2][5.2][7.1][6.3][6.3][7.2][10.2] = [50.5] = [7.214]
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxyU4W8iyeI

Write-Up:
The final appearance of Grand Funk Railroad makes it's way here and I'm not entirely sure I agree with the order of the 3 songs I included. I feel like I like Some Kind of Wonderful more but according to the score The Locomotion reigns supreme. Anyone who's ever gone to a roller skating rink in the 80's and 90's has most assuredly heard this song. Everybody was doing the Locomotion in my experience anyway. I probably just grew up in a corny neighborhood or something lol. I thought it was a popular thing anyway and it did top the charts so there is that. This song has also become another milestone in the ranking as the 60th Hard Rock tune to drop and thus far the most crowded genre on the list.

User Info: Mega Mana

Mega Mana
4 weeks ago#318
Se7enthrust posted...
Not to be confused with Ed Sheeran's Photograph song is a classic from the 80's and a decent one at that.

Damn, because my brain went to Nickelback's Photograph.
"In my headcanon, some staffer saw Trump pull out his phone and start typing so they just Terry Tate Office Linebacker'd him out of his shoes." - FFD

Se7enthrust
4 weeks ago#319
Wth happened to the quote boxes????

That change just made my whole topic look fugly. >_>

Se7enthrust
3 weeks ago#320
{ 711th Place } [10's][ 113th Place]
Song: "Cheerleader"
Band: OMI
Album: Me 4 U
---{ 2015 }---
Genre: Ska
Score:[8.2][7.3][6.2][8.1][4.3][6.3][10.1] = [50.5] = [7.214]
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGflUbPQfW8

Write-Up:
Here's a really fun and cheerful tune if I'm being completely honest. The beat is nice and bass really sounds great in the car but I have a funny story to tell here. First of all for those of you that do not know, I'm like 75% deaf in my left ear and about 20% in the right so hearing isn't really my strong suit. Anyway for the longest time until I could finally tune into the singer's dialect I could have sworn that he was finding himself a "Jelly Bear" lol. I don't know why but it was an embarrassing moment with the wife when I sang out the incorrect lyric this one time. It's definitely one of her favorite songs of this decade but she now can't help herself but ask me every time this song comes on "Hey did you find any Jelly Bears". So if you are wondering why I didn't rank it higher its because it lost quite a bit of appeal to me just for the sheer amount of taunting I got from my wife lol. I swear we heard the song like once a day for a year. >_>
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Se7en Ranks 1,300 songs from the --{| 70's| 80's| 90's| 00's| 10's |}-- #7