You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Mercenaries 5 Preseason Topic 2: That's The Name Of The Game

User Info: DeathChicken

DeathChicken
4 weeks ago#441
Everyone locked in John's House of Fun with no powers or weapons, one person allowed to live, vote for which one does
We are thought, and reality, and concept, and the unimaginable

User Info: Johnbobb

Johnbobb
3 weeks ago#442
the exact writeup

I want to play a game. (Start of Battle, Limited Use 4) - Once every 6 weeks, Jigsaw will capture all rostered mercs. There will be no teams; everyone will work on their own. They will all start the match passed out in a giant abandoned building filled to the brim with a nearly infinite amount of death traps. They will be stripped of their weapons and supernatural abilities, needing to rely on their intelligence and personalities to escape. After an hour of being trapped, if any mercs are still alive, they will be informed that only one can get out alive. The building will begin to fill with sarin gas. Rather than voting for a team, people will vote on which merc they think will be the one to escape the building. All mercenary votes will be counted toward their leader. Votes for "everyone dies" will be considered a vote for Jigsaw's team.

Tricky thing is characters like Robocop and Rick, who have weapons built into their bodies. I guess for convenience sake we'd just assume any internal weapons/abilities are magically disabled.

Also brings into questions what all is considered a power. Does that make Eddie Brock unable to shapeshift or act as Venom at all? Does that mean Colossus loses his metallic skin (in the X-Men films it's shown to be a power he can turn on and off, but in Deadpool, it's always on, though it is still technically a mutation)
Khal Kirby, warlord of the Super Star Khalasar
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ https://goo.gl/Diw2hs

User Info: Johnbobb

Johnbobb
3 weeks ago#443
so breaking it down, I'm thinking it'd affect characters like this:

Shrek - n/a
Harold Hill - n/a
Indiana Jones - No gun/whip
Michael Myers - n/a
Demogorgon - no teleporting
Evil Ash - don't know exactly but no weapons or magic
Sasuke Uchiha - ^^^
Joseph Joestar - no stand
Colossus - No metal body, since it's a superpowered mutation
Robocop - still a robot, but no guns or anything
Venom - basically just normal Eddie Brock, possibly with Venom-influenced personality
Rick Sanchez - No internal weapons/defences

All that being said, I think this goes to Rick fairly easy, as he can outsmart pretty much anyone here without much trouble and the show makes him out as an absolutely expert at mcguyvering his way out of any situation (see the Pickle Rick rat corpse body armor) so having him in a building packed to the brim with complicated death traps is directly playing into his strengths
Khal Kirby, warlord of the Super Star Khalasar
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ https://goo.gl/Diw2hs

User Info: IfGodCouldDie

IfGodCouldDie
3 weeks ago#444
Johnbobb posted...
having him in a building packed to the brim with complicated death traps is directly playing into his strengths

Yup.
Mind post. XBL:Cyanide Sucker PSN:IfGodCouldDie IGN:SuperPattyCakes FC: SW-1615-6159-5504

User Info: ZeeksFire

ZeeksFire
3 weeks ago#445
Looking at that, i'd say it either goes to Rick or Indy. Indy is just as good at surviving deathtraps, finding tools to make up for what's missing, and has more than enough agility/luck to survive the hour, and also quite the right hook to deal with whoever's annoying him, which can't really be taken away.

DeathChicken
3 weeks ago#446
Doesn't help there are two guys (Michael and Demogorgon) who are fairly mindless and not even going to play, they're just going to set about killing people

User Info: firefoxgum

firefoxgum
3 weeks ago#447
As someone who knows little about either, couldn't many of the same pros for Rick be ascribed to Joestar, too? Also, hi, I played a Mercs season on another forum and would love to vote in your upcoming season!

User Info: Mega Mana

Mega Mana
2 weeks ago#448
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/77902294
"In my headcanon, some staffer saw Trump pull out his phone and start typing so they just Terry Tate Office Linebacker'd him out of his shoes." - FFD

DeathChicken
2 weeks ago#449
Let's play the other Saw minigame, it's been awhile. Random says...

Shrek

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/77913886

DeathChicken
1 week ago#450
Shrek barely gnaws his own arm off to survive Jigsaw 4-3

Also I guess Jigsaw needs his wording clarified or something
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Mercenaries 5 Preseason Topic 2: That's The Name Of The Game