You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Mercenaries 5 Preseason Topic 2: That's The Name Of The Game

User Info: DeathChicken

DeathChicken
1 month ago#321
He was barely considered to squeak a win over Tira. The disrespect went beyond other 3s being better
We are thought, and reality, and concept, and the unimaginable

User Info: KanzarisKelshen

KanzarisKelshen
1 month ago#322
We're keeping a version of that as an ability, IIRC. It was one of my favorite concepts too and much better in terms of balanceability than Epoch
Shine on, you crazy diamond.

User Info: Lopen

Lopen
1 month ago#323
Tira should beat Crono in a 1v1

He's under respected as a 3 because he should be a 2
No problem!
This is a cute and pop genocide of love!

User Info: KanzarisKelshen

KanzarisKelshen
1 month ago#324
Lopen posted...
Tira should beat Crono in a 1v1

He's under respected as a 3 because he should be a 2

You think? Who's a 3/week from CT then? Magus and Robo?
Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Lopen
1 month ago#325
Magus and that's it

Robo's hard to hurt but pretty unimpressive otherwise.
No problem!

User Info: Mewtwo59

Mewtwo59
1 month ago#326
DeathChicken posted...
Crono's combo ability was one of the more fun abilities in the last game. Kind of hamstrung by Crono being so disrespected (getting to invent a double team move between Crono and Dante is all well and good, but it means you're rostering a dead slot in Crono), but what are you gonna do

Yeah, I agree that that ability was fun but kinda useless. Like, what can Crono do to help make Dante better? It's only really useful with people on Crono's level.
""Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." HK-47

User Info: Kamekguy

Kamekguy
1 month ago#327
Lucca I think could be argued as a 3/week. Napalm Grenade spam and actual guns in addition to magic lets me see her at a glass cannon level that has a significantly better DPS than 2/weeks.
Doin' Game Design Vids: https://www.youtube.com/c/DesigningFor

User Info: Gatarix

Gatarix
1 month ago#328
ScareChan posted...
Something like a 10% boost I dont feel would be breaking, 1.5 may a bit much, sure, but 10% should be fair

I feel like a 10% boost gets straight up ignored

But 50% is an auto win unless there was a big power imbalance to begin with

Parameter boosts are tough
You put your RESOLVE HAT back on, which conveniently is the same hat as your NORMAL HAT.
{Drakeryn}

Lopen
1 month ago#329
Never use parameter boosts because no one (including me) really knows what they actually mean.
No problem!

User Info: Gatarix

Gatarix
1 month ago#330
though the fun part of parameter boosts is you have HGR trolling in the background "is size a parameter? what about weight? or intelligence? is he twice as tactical? twice as impulsive? are his fireballs twice as big?"
You put your RESOLVE HAT back on, which conveniently is the same hat as your NORMAL HAT.
{Drakeryn}
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Mercenaries 5 Preseason Topic 2: That's The Name Of The Game