• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2019 Edition

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
1 month ago#431
The Deadly Tower of Monsters for PS4

Excellent style, and I had a lot of fun jumping off of buildings and what not to find all the little secrets the game had to offer.
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
http://i.imgur.com/VfpY7tg.jpg

User Info: Simoun

Simoun
1 month ago#432
Amid Evil (PC)

Got my eye on this game since the start of the year. I am not disappointed, however I would've liked something a little more difficult in terms of scaling. There are 7 episodes, but the game doesn't truly pick up until Episode 5 in terms of enemy variety and level design. You do have a Soul Mode which gives you a power boost but I often found myself saving those. It felt too easy when I used it and too hard when I didn't. Endgame levels were just basically exercises in BFG conservation. And Hard Mode itself is just making enemies hit harder so while it may have solved the episode 1 foibles, I felt that the solution was like a stopgap instead of having proper balance.

This game along with Dusk and Project Warlock would've rounded out my retro FPS collection for this year, but now I'm looking forward to Ion Maiden Fury coming soon.
It's not so cliche anymore when it's happening to you.

User Info: SgtSphynx

SgtSphynx
1 month ago#433
Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Switch)

Fun little game
Congrats to the BYIG Guru Winner, Advokaiser
*slurps yakisoba* *nods* *nods*

User Info: GOGZero

GOGZero
1 month ago#434
Magical Taruruuto-kun (Mega Drive)

Developed by Game Freak and based off the Anime/Manga.

I hated the auto scroller levels where you have to jump on clouds while avoiding monkeys tossing apples at you and giraffes that can extend their necks beyond the clouds and another auto scroller level where some maniac tries to gun you down in a chopper and you have to make this one gliding jump near the end to clear. Luckily that level has a 1 up you can grab every time in case you lose a life there.

You play as Taruruuto and can attack things with a short ranged rod which can also be used to grab objects and launch at enemies. You can also cast magic that gives you temporary invincibility and screen clearing crash moves. The temporary invincibility is worth doing the most. You also have a glide jump which can be used to cross bigger gaps and fit into narrow passages.

Graphics are bright and colorful.The game was mildy challenging. It was an ok game.
The reason why you couldn't see my Signature before is because it was Invisible
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: StifledSilence

StifledSilence
1 month ago#435
13. Shakedown Hawaii (Switch)
Bear Bro
The Empire of Silence

User Info: Dragon66116

Dragon66116
1 month ago#436
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (PC)
Suddenly, Mudkips. Thousands of them.(preferably OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Congrats to Advokaiser, 2018 Guru champ.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: WickIebee

WickIebee
1 month ago#437
I'm getting behind. 8th month and 5 games beaten, but I want to get to 1 per month. At least I'll be beating something tomorrow.
I'll just go back to gifs. Not like the winner was gonna click my topic.
https://i.imgur.com/SXyi7uX.gifv

Simoun
1 month ago#438
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (PC)

Appreciate the throwback. Tightly designed and a bit on the easy side.

Simoun
1 month ago#439
A Short Hike (PC)

Adorable.

User Info: WickIebee

WickIebee
1 month ago#440
Like I said, finished something today:

Sonic Adventure DX (Steam)

Short affair with it, it was good to actually play it, corniness and all.
I'll just go back to gifs. Not like the winner was gonna click my topic.
https://i.imgur.com/SXyi7uX.gifv
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2019 Edition
  • Topic Closed