You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2019 Edition

User Info: GOGZero

GOGZero
1 month ago#401
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Switch)

It may be the worst version that's out there, but I enjoyed it anyway except for the 4 times it crashed on me.

It crashed on me at the following parts
---
When I used a Warp Room
Crashed at Tower of Twin Dragons
When I read a bookshelf
Crashed at the Inferno Cave

I enjoyed it all the same as every Castlevania/Metroidvania I've played in the past.
I can't wait for the patch to come out next week so it fixes the growing pains it has had since launch.
I'm looking forward to whatever content is also coming out in the future.
The reason why you couldn't see my Signature before is because it was Invisible

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
1 month ago#402
Full Throttle Remastered for PC

It isn't among my Top 5 of 90s LucasArts games, but it is still a solid addition to a great decade from the developer.
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
http://i.imgur.com/VfpY7tg.jpg

KCF0107
1 month ago#403
Squidlit (PC)

Goofy platformer meant to emulate a GB game. It was worth the $1 I spent.

KCF0107
1 month ago#404
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (XB1)

100% completion in 5:56:06

I feel like this was a step down from the previous two games. I think the art style switch from a pixelated look to a hand-drawn one shows how plain the level design must be for the series. Without that charming pixel art, it has nothing to hide behind. I also don't feel like I accomplished much. At least the other games felt like an adventure of sorts. Here I just felt like I was just doing fetch quests until the game was effectively over.

There were several improvements to the gameplay though. I'm just glad that I ended up playing this through Game Pass instead of buying it. I've bought all the other Shantae games as well as several other WayForward games, so I don't feel bad.

KCF0107
4 weeks ago#405
ABZU (XB1)

I definitely understand the comparisons to Journey, but I found this to be significantly superior since I love the ocean and everything. Any game that let's you hitch a ride on whales and manatees is aces in my book. The game kind of got dark there for a spell, but it was mostly beautiful and serene for the game's entirety.

User Info: paperwarior

paperwarior
4 weeks ago#406
Brain Lord (SNES)
Kind of Ys with more puzzles and platforming. Alright for the time.
King's Quest II: Romancing the Throne (PC)
Those staircases are deathtraps! And there are a lot of ways to screw yourself later without knowing. About what you'd expect from an old adventure game.
"God Hand is the ultimate expression of the joy of humanity, specifically the punching part of the joy of humanity."-Shigeru Miyamoto
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Switch)
Congrats to Advokaiser for winning the CBX Guru Challenge!

User Info: paperwarior

paperwarior
4 weeks ago#408
Yakuza 5 (PS3)
I got pretty mad trying to level up people and fighting Amon, but then I beat Amon without really leveling and today I beat the game. That is a damn nice final sequence. 3's was ruined by my disc being scratched, not to mention following directly after 2, and 4's is fine for its concept but it's just kind of a string of okay bosses.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC)
Beat OD before taking on the final boss, and finished the sidequests. I might still work on it but grinding stuff isn't that fun so maybe not.
"God Hand is the ultimate expression of the joy of humanity, specifically the punching part of the joy of humanity."-Shigeru Miyamoto

User Info: Simoun

Simoun
4 weeks ago#409
Not a Hero (PC)
It's not so cliche anymore when it's happening to you.

User Info: metaIslug

metaIslug
4 weeks ago#410
Resident Evil 3

Pretty good. I wish the game had an accelerate button though. The problem is not that tank controls are bad it's that you have to use the d-pad. Having Up (up+run especially) tied to a button like square or R2 would mean you can now use left and right on the d-pad much more easily. Basically you're a tank so let me control the character like a proper tank. RE2 has that option, RE3 sadly doesnt....

That said the game is cool. I appreciate the Nemesis encounters where you actually have space to fight him. The church fight is great, some of the others not so great. Also appreciate the QTEs
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2019 Edition