You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2019 Edition

User Info: paperwarior

paperwarior
3 weeks ago#361
BasketBelle (PC)
I don't know what I expected from a "basketball-based platformer" but it was nice, weird and short.
"God Hand is the ultimate expression of the joy of humanity, specifically the punching part of the joy of humanity."-Shigeru Miyamoto

User Info: Simoun

Simoun
3 weeks ago#362
Slain: Back from Hell (PC)

Super Castlevania IV meets Heavy Metal with a dash of Dark Souls. It's no Bloodstained, but boy does the music RAWK. There's even a button that lets you headbang after beating a boss. Aside from the unchangeable control scheme, gameplay is pretty solid. It's one of those you're gonna die alot games. My only issue is that sometimes there are traps that kill you in one hit but nothing overly unfair. Oldschool Castlevania is more unfair I say.

Also dat final form of the final boss is tennis with Ganondorf but amped up.
It's not so cliche anymore when it's happening to you.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
3 weeks ago#363
Shadow Complex Remastered for XB1

Still a great Metroidvania roughly 10 years later. I feel like this and Batman: Arkham Asylum are the only two that take place in our modern world that I have played.
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
http://i.imgur.com/VfpY7tg.jpg

Simoun
2 weeks ago#364
Nancy Drew 19: The Haunting of Castle Malloy (PC)

It's never going to be a Scooby-Doo plot, is it? I am looking at the games on this list and so far every plot with a creepy ghost just turns out to be something or other. And whenever it is a Scooby-Doo plot, the "ghost" is a crap animal or circumstance. I'm not complaining, but now I think I'm about to be jinxed when a real Scooby-Doo plot rears its ugly head.

This isn't as good as the last one, but it has its own charm. I like the plot of this one and for once its subverted my expectations. I think this is the first time that there is absolutely no culprit at all which is frankly not only refreshing, but unexpected. A few gripey puzzles but none too annoying and the minigames felt more polished than the horror that was Icicle Creek.

But now I brace myself for what I've heard is one of the worse in the series. Can this thing top Kapu Cave?

Simoun
2 weeks ago#365
Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past (3DS)

Can I just say, what a wonderful year to start being a Dragon Quest fan. Of course I wasn't expecting a Smash Bros addition when I started DQ1 last Christmas but here we are. 7th game finally done.

I like it. My only complaint though is Kiefer. I don't know how people can like this guy, but he essentially abandons saving the world for some centuries old p****. And I know he has a spin-off but that doesn't count. Even funnier is that his dad thinks he's amazing now when you know the truth yourself. You even lied to the king for this guy and he leaves you to pick up the pieces of destiny. but other than that, good job.

It took alot longer to finish this one, mostly because of the insane amounts of backtracking and triggered conversations. It was real slow to start too but I heard the PS1 version was worse. I do enjoy the time travel aspect up until all the islands were restored but admittedly it took a loooong time before things got really interesting.

All in all, a very enjoyable experience. I guess the next DQ is the one everyone's more familiar with. The FF7 of the franchise so to speak. I'll pick that one up on the 3DS soon enough.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

Simoun
2 weeks ago#366
Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS)

And while I'm at it, might as well finish this too. This has been a long time coming. I just got stuck at the final boss, which wasn't hard per se, but required me to acquire specific set of real world item stickers to make things easier. Everything in this game was going so well until that point.

Not that it means this game is good by any means. I dig the tracks though. But I'm glad to be done with this as well.

User Info: AvaGames

AvaGames
2 weeks ago#367
IDK if this counts, but okay

Puzzle and Dragons Z
Board of Boredom, where you will get not bored.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1447-board-of-boredom

KCF0107
2 weeks ago#368
Skullgirls (PC)

It's hard for me to get into 2D fighters, but this was one of the few that broke through for me. I could do without its skeevy panty shots.

User Info: SgtSphynx

SgtSphynx
2 weeks ago#369
The Gardens Between (PC)

A beautiful, bittersweet game.
Congrats to the BYIG Guru Winner, Advokaiser
*slurps yakisoba* *nods* *nods*

KCF0107
2 weeks ago#370
Definitely one of my favorite games that I beat this year.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2019 Edition