You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2019 Edition

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
1 month ago#341
Cat Burglar: A Tail of Purrsuit for PC

I got it when it was free, but I guess it is now a paid game, though I assume most if not all of the profits go towards the animal charities it highlights. It's a cool but basic stealth game that is a good use of two hours or so.
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
http://i.imgur.com/VfpY7tg.jpg

KCF0107
1 month ago#342
Hey! Pikmin for 3DS

Pikmin is probably my second favorite Nintendo series after Super Mario (did I already mention that in the Overlord writeup?). I was always going to get this game, but I had reservations with it being 2D and the lukewarm reception it had. While definitely not as good as the first three, it exceeded my expectations. I only wish that Pikmin didn't die by simply touching most enemies.

User Info: Simoun

Simoun
1 month ago#343
Duke Nukem Forever: The Doctor Who Cloned Me DLC (PC)

And its finally done. I looked into this game initially out of morbid curiosity. I know it sucked, but I still had to see how badly it f***ed up. In the end it was relatively mediocre. Okay-Mediocre, but a rather mundane-mediocre by the end. The DLC was the same. They said it was better and yeah I guess it was but it is haunted by the same flanderizations that removed the soul of Duke. It was interesting though that the bad guy was John's old Nemesis, Dr Proton from the DOS game which is why it was super interesting when they killed him off halfway! Wtf.
It's not so cliche anymore when it's happening to you.

User Info: Simoun

Simoun
1 month ago#344
KCF0107 posted...
DNF huh? I bailed on that when I couldn't get past how slow aiming was. You might be the first person I know to have actually beaten it.

Just saw this. The aiming wasn't so bad once I realized the enemies moved as slow and predictable as well. It's one of those games, think DOOM 3, where the series attempted to "modernize" by making things less frantic. There are less enemies. The shooting is cover-based.

Game's actually okay, 3/5. What irked me rather is the game attempted to jam in as much of what was cool when it started development, but have since been obsolete in a non-ironic way. Things such as QTEs (barely tho, no penalty happens if you fail), s***ty driving sections that encompass 40% of the game, Crude chauvanistic and sex humor which would've been okay if Duke was a Man Out of Time like in Wolfenstein New Order but this was played wholly straight, idiotic plot when it could've just been aliens aliens aliens, and the damning limited weapon slot mechanic that I'm sure was an attempt to mimic Halo at the time.

I especially loathed the driving sections. The car physics were so bouncy and not like an action game at all. And the game attempted what was suppose to be this chase sequence and it ended to quickly the moment it began. Mercifully and Unfortunately, the levels were really short. You could almost predict what was gonna happen based on the pun-based title alone. Most levels will have the one shooting sequence, an obligatory puzzle sequence, then suddenly fade to black and its over.
It's not so cliche anymore when it's happening to you.

User Info: Underleveled

Underleveled
1 month ago#345
Rime (Switch)

FINALLY on the board for the first time since October. Went through some rough s*** shortly after that and lost a lot of interest in games.
darkx
Score: There goes bracket
Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer featuring The Legend of Zelda (Switch)

I think I've been pretty consistent about using official titles for this, but that one's quite a mouthful
Congrats to Advokaiser for winning the CBX Guru Challenge!
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: GOGZero

GOGZero
4 weeks ago#347
Pocky & Rocky (SNES)

A very good but hard game.
I like the soundtrack and I liked using Rocky.
The reason why you couldn't see my Signature before is because it was Invisible

User Info: GOGZero

GOGZero
4 weeks ago#348
Downwell (Switch)

This game was sooo addicting. I definitely felt the Spelunky inspiration in this one.
I really loved the ending. <3
The reason why you couldn't see my Signature before is because it was Invisible

KCF0107
4 weeks ago#349
I have played Downwell off and on for a few years. The furthest that I have made it is 4-2.

User Info: SgtSphynx

SgtSphynx
4 weeks ago#350
Cadence of Hyrule - Crypt of the NecroDancer featuring the Legend of Zelda (Switch)

Fun little game.
Congrats to the BYIG Guru Winner, Advokaiser
*slurps yakisoba* *nods* *nods*
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2019 Edition