You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2019 Edition

User Info: SpoinkRulezz

SpoinkRulezz
1 month ago#321
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

Amazing. I did not expect to love it this much. One of the few games these days I'm actually sad I finished. I got everything I could get in the game and I'm going to do the post-game dungeon and a few optional raids/hunts as well. I always have some feeling of boredom or tedium at some point in every game, but I just didn't get that here for one second. I could boot it up for 30-60 minutes and enjoy it and get stuff done, but most of my recent sessions I just got lost in it for hours on end.

So happy I bought this, having never played an Ys game before.
http://bvlifematters.wordpress.com

User Info: Simoun

Simoun
1 month ago#322
A Hat in Time + 2 DLCs (PC)

Lovely game. Absolutely charming and perfect.
It's not so cliche anymore when it's happening to you.
(edited 1 month ago)

Simoun
1 month ago#323
Nancy Drew 16: The White Wolf of Icicle Creek (PC)

Absolute bulls***. ND14 had harmless but boring padded sequences and an unnecessary treasure hunt. ND15 had a stupid criminal, a stupid plot, and the eponymous monster and cave were red herrings. And padding.

This one updates the UI and revives the time system from 10 games ago where different things happen based on what time it is. No problemo. The problem is, you have to cook AND clean like a real person to keep your 'cover' up. And if you miss even one, your psychic benefactor chastises you from miles away and you're forced into a minigame you didn't want. And that's not even covering the infuriating puzzles and the immense amount of backtracking, possibility of cheap death, and slow as f*** transition animations which didn't need to exist.

I joke that its the ice version of Shadow Ranch, but the game literally points this out to you. I have never hated a single ND game so much as this bulls***. The only positive is the voice acting and the suspects.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: 5tarscream

5tarscream
1 month ago#324
GoT telltale game

Simoun
1 month ago#325
Nancy Drew 17: Legend of the Crystal Skull (PC)

Day off well-spent.

Finally. A return to form to what an ND game does best. Puzzle solving, mystery finding, shennanigans. And because of the updated UI it feels like a better Treasure in a Royal Tower. It's got none of that padded bulls*** and everything makes sense.

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
1 month ago#326
Massive Chalice for PC

Received this from Icon in our first Steam Secret Santa, so it feels especially good to be able to say I have beaten this. I do not play many strategy games, but I had a ton of fun with this. The RPG portion was fine, though it became tedious after awhile once the encounters started to take seemingly forever to finish (I wish you could skip all the actions and animations from the AI's turn). That being said, it was also a very exhausting experience that I can't see myself doing twice.
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
http://i.imgur.com/VfpY7tg.jpg

User Info: GOGZero

GOGZero
1 month ago#327
Castle of Heart (Switch)

You play as a knight who has to rescue his beloved maiden from an evil sorcerer. The sorcerer casts a curse upon the knight and turns him into stone. The maiden's tears brought back the knight back to life before she was taken away. The knight is now a sentient stone knight.

This was an alright action/platformer. You have to constantly be on the move as your health slowly deteriorates. You can gain health back by defeating enemies that drop red crystals. You can also find red crystals in jars/crates/barrels. You can also get secondary items along the way to carry in your other arm like another melee weapon/crossbow. If your health drops low, one of your stone arms will break off that carries the secondary weapon unless you either get health back or lose your health to restart from the last checkpoint. You can get sub-weapons similar to Castlevania like knives and various different bombs. The environment can also be used to your advantage like dropping hanging objects that are hanging off the ceiling that you can cut/shoot down like lanterns/boulders/etc to drop down on enemies. You can also jump on top of enemies' backs to use them as platforms or if you want to get away cause sometimes it's usually not best to fight mobs of enemies. Collecting blue crystals can also increase your life bar. You get a full health restore when you reach a checkpoint.

In each of the levels you can find 5 Pieces of Heart which are needed to see the true ending of the game (which I got for the first time). At the end of every chapter you fight a boss. They were ok in the story but as for the fights themselves they were nothing to really write home about except for maybe the second boss cause it required some effort.

Overall, I thought this was an alright game and I didn't really find the game too hard like some of the reviewers made it out to be and I'm guessing there was a patch this game got that fixed most of the problems that this game supposedly had. Also got it for a good price when it went on sale awhile back.
The reason why you couldn't see my Signature before is because it was Invisible

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
1 month ago#328
Sonic Mania for PC

This is probably the best Sonic game? I'm not enamored with the series, but only 3+K and Colors come close. It helps that I think the development was outsourced. I am curious how many of these were original stages because I think at least five were from previous games.
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
http://i.imgur.com/VfpY7tg.jpg

User Info: SgtSphynx

SgtSphynx
1 month ago#329
Outer Wilds (PC)

Damn.
Congrats to the BYIG Guru Winner, Advokaiser
*slurps yakisoba* *nods* *nods*

User Info: hombad46

hombad46
1 month ago#330