You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2019 Edition

User Info: Simoun

Simoun
6 months ago#31
MURI (PC)

Love the DOS throwback. I'm getting Commander Keen / Jazz Jackrabbit vibes with all the oldschool platforming and sound effects. It even lets you play in "16 bit" mode where the animation is stilted.
It's not so cliche anymore when it's happening to you.

User Info: WickIebee

WickIebee
6 months ago#32
Jet Set Radio (PC)

As said in GotM, it's a game I tried to quench some nostalgia for JSRF, but alas only made me think about how little I had in problems for that game. It has its moments of fun, and a few maps are pretty cool when they're all fleshed together. I mostly dislike Kogane-cho, however. Not great looping around there.
I'll just go back to gifs. Not like the winner was gonna click my topic.
https://i.imgur.com/SXyi7uX.gifv

User Info: Gmun

Gmun
6 months ago#33
... oh s*** I completely forgot I was the arena master sorry guys augh that sucks
gmun alt

User Info: Dragon66116

Dragon66116
6 months ago#34
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)

Finished World of Light so I'm counting it as beaten.
Suddenly, Mudkips. Thousands of them.(preferably OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Congrats to Advokaiser, 2018 Guru champ.

User Info: sraegonex

sraegonex
6 months ago#35
<div class="message_mpu">
<div class="ad ad_mpu_top" id="mpu_top-wrap"><div class="ad_wrap" id="mpu_top"></div></div>
</div>Really loving Aeris.

User Info: GOGZero

GOGZero
6 months ago#36
Being that World of Light is pretty long and it has Credits at the end, I would say it totally counts compared to say, going through Classic mode.

Little Nemo: The Dream Master (NES)

Replay.
I had an incentive to replay this game again. Over at Retro Achievements, there's an event that's held weekly called Achievement of the Week. Thus, AotW was to beat Little Nemo.

Good Capcom licensed game. You play as Nemo and you use Candy to feed animals to ride on/take on their forms to use their powers to find keys throughout the level. Stage 3 The House of Toys and the second section of Stage 8: Nightmare Land has got to be the hardest levels in the entire game. The Mouse form needed a lot more testing if you ask me. The hammer's hitbox on trying to break blocks with the Mouse form is a pain having to be at a certain distance to break blocks.

Stage 8: Nightmare Land is such a nice refreshing change of pace at the end with the gameplay. You no longer have to search for keys and you get to use the Morningstar (scepter) as a means of attack.
The reason why you couldn't see my Signature before is because it was Invisible

User Info: ff6man

ff6man
6 months ago#37
Arena is up.
this is a gmun alt
Formerly ff6ultraman

User Info: paperwarior

paperwarior
6 months ago#38
At some point I realized I've only been posting stuff in this topic and not recording it in the spreadsheet. I think I've beaten a few games since the last time I saw this topic but I'm not sure. Maybe:
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Deltarune Chapter 1
Yakuza 4
Pokemon Platinum
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate- World of Light
"God Hand is the ultimate expression of the joy of humanity, specifically the punching part of the joy of humanity."-Shigeru Miyamoto

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
6 months ago#39
Minit for PC

Digi gave me this as a birthday gift almost a week ago

87 runs
71% collection (totally missed most of the coins and tentacles)
73:35:85

I ran into huge problems at the factory. I wouldn't be surprised if more than a third of my runs and quarter of my playtime was spent just there.

I would definitely like to play more games like this and The Sexy Brutale with the Groundhog Day time mechanic and a decently sized area with plenty of warping opportunities.
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
http://i.imgur.com/VfpY7tg.jpg

User Info: SgtSphynx

SgtSphynx
6 months ago#40
Dragon Quest XI (PC)

Got the second, true ending. Holy s***. Just holy s***. I put this game too low on my GotY list. I put it at 7 but it should have been in my top 5. Probably not #1 but a contender for 2 at the least.

So, here are some massive series plot spoilers that occur in the last cut scene of the game.

You play as Erdrick this entire game and it's a title that is bestowed on you by a dragon that is the true form of Yggdrasil.The last thing you see before the credits roll is the Dragon Warrior hero with Sword of Light looking across at the Dragonlord's castle and f*** the FFVII remake, I want a Dragon Warrior remake.
Congrats to the BYIG Guru Winner, Advokaiser
*slurps yakisoba* *nods* *nods*
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2019 Edition