You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Great 2019 Video Game Challenge

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
4 months ago#41
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RecursiveCanon

My most likely bets are Metro 2033 or Uncharted 4
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
http://i.imgur.com/VfpY7tg.jpg

User Info: davidponte

davidponte
4 months ago#42
28. Beat a game with the supernatural as a central theme

Devil May Cry 4

I am now ready for the new game after playing through the entire series for the first time (mostly) in the last few months. This one had the best, and most, story of the bunch, which is kind of what I was looking for as someone whose main goal was to familiarize myself with the lore before the new game, but the game play was also very good in this too. Dante was hilarious and had me laughing out loud at a few of the cutscenes. Fun game overall!
I was the final Undisputed Champion in UCA history,
however Advokaiser was the Guru Champion!

User Info: Arti

Arti
4 months ago#43
27. Beat a game with mystery as a central theme

428: Shibuya Scramble

2/50
http://backloggery.com/articuno2001/sig.gif

User Info: 249USDollars

249USDollars
4 months ago#44
50. Beat three games in a series - Game #1
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

2/50

Ocarina still places at about #7 on my Zelda rankings. 3D version has many great changes, but man did they ruin the scene where Ganondorf first meets you thanks to the sped up text boxes.
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: mccheyne

mccheyne
4 months ago#45
Tag for later. Never done this, but looks awesome!
Not changing this sig until the Winnipeg Blue Bombers win the grey cup. Started Aug. 16/04

User Info: TheArkOfTurus

TheArkOfTurus
4 months ago#46
27. Beat a game with mystery as a central theme

Chaos;Child

Had some issues (including one of the worst translation issues I've ever seen in a game), but I enjoyed it overall.

47. Play a technically unbeatable game for at least six hours

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

49. Choose a random page on TVTropes and beat something from the video game section

Fallout: New Vegas

I think I've beaten this at least a dozen times, now. Played an explosion focus build, and sided with the Legion, since it had been a long time since I've done either. Going to hop back in to play the DLC before I'm done. The Outer Worlds can't come soon enough.

3/50
Our eyes were removed
Because Advokaiser killed us in the Guru Contest

User Info: Cody11533

Cody11533
4 months ago#47
42. Beat a game with a Metascore above 90
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Finished up World of Light and got all the currently available spirits, so I feel good about calling this beaten.
"Video games are meant to be just one thing. Fun. Fun for everyone." -Satoru Iwata
Congrats to Advokaiser, the Guru Champ!

User Info: 249USDollars

249USDollars
4 months ago#48
51. Beat three games in a series - Game #2
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages

3/50

Figured I might as well make Zelda my three game series because I had this one lined up ready to beat. I would have beaten this in 2018 if it wasn't for RNG bulls*** on searching for certain rings and one of my heart pieces. Still my #2 Zelda game and my #1 if you count the Linked game as one game.

User Info: sraegonex

sraegonex
4 months ago#49
I don't think Kojima has never had an idea and thought no. And that's why he's amazing.
Except for that toenail.

User Info: davidponte

davidponte
4 months ago#50
19. Beat a platformer

Spyro 3

Trilogy complete! Every time I start this game, I wonder why it isn't my favourite as the first few levels are great, and then a few hours in I realize that all of the extra characters control very poorly, the level design isn't as great as the second game, and a lot of the challenges are incredibly annoying. In all my previous playthroughs this wasn't enough for me to not 100% the game, but this time I couldn't handle it anymore by the third world, and so I did what I needed to do to get the platinum and beat it.
I was the final Undisputed Champion in UCA history,
however Advokaiser was the Guru Champion!
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Great 2019 Video Game Challenge