You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Great 2019 Video Game Challenge

User Info: Mega Mana

Mega Mana
1 month ago#251
5. Beat a game released in 2019

What Never Was

What It Is: Half hour exploring a small attic and really wanting to play Guitar-Piccolo, The Legend of Merida, and various other knockoff games. I think there was even an Illusion of Gaia one! Excite!

- Quick, decent, feels nothing more than a free to play demo for bigger point-and-click adventure further down the line. Not terrible, but not exciting either.
"In my headcanon, some staffer saw Trump pull out his phone and start typing so they just Terry Tate Office Linebacker'd him out of his shoes." - FFD

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
1 month ago#252
Oh cool, someone else has played Supraland
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
http://i.imgur.com/VfpY7tg.jpg

User Info: Mega Mana

Mega Mana
1 month ago#253
Moved Thirty Flights of Loving from 39 to 4. 2010-2018

#39. Finish a game in one day

Unheard

What It Is: Timeloop detective story solving mysteries through listening to multiple conversations and figuring out what happened.

- It was solid at first, but both too short, too easy, and too forgiving. The concept is cool, analyzing a crime scene by studying all the conversations that took place before what happened and determining who knew what, or didn't. A cool auditory logic puzzle, but I wish there were both more cases, more difficult cases, and more implied supernatural/hallucinatory elements. It was pretty fun for what it was, but I must say, the voice acting in the last case was... it was something. One character was a really really horrible Natasha accent, and another... it was a great Matt Dillon impression from There's Something About Mary.

HALFWAY RANKINGS!!!

BEST
1. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

FANTASTIC
2. Life is Strange: Before the Storm
The Talos Principle
Batman: Arkham City
Dragon Age: Origins
Heartbeat

GREAT
3. Risk of Rain 2
Sonic Mania
4. Risen
For The King
5. Supraland
6. Thronebreaker

GOOD
Flame in the Flood
7. Dragon Quest II
8. Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest
Epic Battle Fantasy 5

OKAY
9. Ninja Pizza Girl
The Last Word
10. Unheard
11. SEGA Bass Fishing
12. Glass Masquerade
Caravan
13. What Never Was

BAD
Thirty Flights of Loving
Evoland

EDIT: Notes on the Dragon Quest rankings... yeah, definitely seems a bit odd not only having them all clumped together, but also II the highest. Well, II Mobile was a lot of fun figuring things out with enough help that I wouldn't want to kill myself like I would playing the original release. There were some good quality of life improvements I appreciated. And while I like the cast of DQIV, that's really all I liked about it yet not enough to consider them really great, feeling more like generic party members after their original chapters than I'd have liked. And Dragon Quest was a bit of a slog, but a good amount of difficulty and figuring things out.
"In my headcanon, some staffer saw Trump pull out his phone and start typing so they just Terry Tate Office Linebacker'd him out of his shoes." - FFD
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: 249USDollars

249USDollars
1 month ago#254
31. Beat a game with a child lead
Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!

29/52

My arm hurts after playing this. I'm getting old.

Also why do I even own a Switch now?
https://i.imgtc.com/sEaxuA2.jpg
(edited 1 month ago)

249USDollars
4 weeks ago#255
29. Beat a game with comedy as a central theme
Kid Icarus: Uprising

30/52

I dropped this after one level back when it launched because it really hurt my wrist. 7 years later I can safely say that I'm a f***ing idiot for putting off this game for so long. Only real complaint I have is that this would have been better as a WiiU game as controlling the land battle camera with a second stick would be better than using the stylus.

User Info: TheArkOfTurus

TheArkOfTurus
4 weeks ago#256
17. Beat a first-person shooter

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

It's a first person game with guns, good enough for me!

Of course I used a Tremere, so it was a lot less guns and a lot more overpowered blood magic, but still! Still a fantastic game, though. I'm not sure whether to be excited for the sequel or not. Tthat's probably my second favorite setting in any video game, but my first is Planescape:Torment, and I still haven't even played Tides of Numenera (or the other Vampire: The Masquerade game, for that matter.)

20/50
Our eyes were removed
For our own safety
(edited 4 weeks ago)

249USDollars
4 weeks ago#257
30. Beat a game with a female lead
The New Adventures of Mary-Kate & Ashley

31/52

This was apparently supposed to be a South Park game at one point but got rebranded
(edited 4 weeks ago)

249USDollars
4 weeks ago#258
46. Beat a game that features historical events or people
Medal of Honor: Frontline

32/52

This feels less like a World War II game and more like a James Bond game with a World War II setting

User Info: SantaRPidgey

SantaRPidgey
4 weeks ago#259
249USDollars posted...
46. Beat a game that features historical events or people
Medal of Honor: Frontline

32/52

This feels less like a World War II game and more like a James Bond game with a World War II setting

My favorite FPS! That's a really good description, it kind of puts the finger on what I didn't like about all other medal of honor games.
werd

249USDollars
4 weeks ago#260
It's funny because I played Rising Sun as a kid and I did not expect Frontline would be that heavily solo. Still fun though
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Great 2019 Video Game Challenge